2016 CS Warsaw Cup Mens FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 CS Warsaw Cup Mens FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hold on...he dropped his Gladiator LP for...this dreadful Josh Groban song? It's almost a dealbreaker for me as a fan :laugh: Just kidding...but honestly, I like the Russian men because usually you never find them skating to such cheesy stuff. Oh well, I'll find different music to play over it, perhaps.

It looks to me like he's grown quite a bit recently, and I would imagine that is affecting his jumps. I wonder how tall he is now!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hold on...he dropped his Gladiator LP for...this dreadful Josh Groban song? It's almost a dealbreaker for me as a fan :laugh: Just kidding...but honestly, I like the Russian men because usually you never find them skating to such cheesy stuff. Oh well, I'll find different music to play over it, perhaps.

It looks to me like he's grown quite a bit recently, and I would imagine that is affecting his jumps. I wonder how tall he is now!

I was dissapointed hearing Raise me Up too...

Alexander Majorov was on fire! :cheer: He'll win it for sure :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Messy landings everywhere. Oh, Julian :hopelessness: Kudos for saving himself few times from a fall.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, congrats to Majorov for coming back after that awful Rostelecom experience. And silver for Dima is not bad, considering.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Julian deserved higher PCS I think. Into 5th place only. Congrat to the podium!

borzaya

Final Flight

Only it was not Gladiator, but Man in the Iron Mask :) Yeah, I liked it better, too.

Dima could have done better, of course, but anyway, congrats to him with this silver!

sam123

On the Ice
Poor Julian. Could see he was really disappointed with his performance. Quite a number of his jumps didn't land properly but he still managed to save them. Come back stronger, Ju!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Only it was not Gladiator, but Man in the Iron Mask :) Yeah, I liked it better, too.

Dima could have done better, of course, but anyway, congrats to him with this silver!

Doh! MITM, of course :hslap: It's still early here...

sam123

On the Ice
@cathlen True. I dunno if anyone agrees with me, but he probably needs to change his choreography a little. There were some parts of the program I couldn't really understand and it was as though the routine was all over the place. He still got the pizazz tho, just that I couldn't feel much spark compared to Nebelhorn

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I had to sleep, but I guess I made it in time for Dima! Don't let me down! :drama:

cathlen, you are doing a great job keeping these threads going almost singlehandedly! Seems like we used to have more people caring about the B competitions...pity

I also couldn’t watch until last group. Agree... thank you Cathleen :thumbsup:

I’m so happy for Sasha coming back with quad, two axels and many triples + stamina so he could do well in steps and spins as well; just a year after the bone marrow donate to his father. Kudos! Now I have hopes for at least one qualified spot for 2018 olympics after things looking pretty grey for Sweden this autumn.

Wow, Julian had energy. Fun performance, but very sloppy. He was shaking his head in kiss&cry. He must be more careful when jumping, not rushing into them...

Yes, the audience was :points:

Majorov 228.97
Aliev 217.06
Walker 209.04

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Couldn't watch live, so disappointed for Julian!:sad21: but no one saves a jump like he does, too bad he had to do it so often;). Still has those performance chops I love; onward & upward!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Okay, anyone know why Dmitri Aliev's 3Lz was invalid?... or was it this akward moment when it looked like there was supposed to be a jump, but wasn't?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It looks like that since he popped his planned quad toe into a triple, he had repeated the triple toe and Axel so the second triple lutz didn't count later on.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It looks like that since he popped his planned quad toe into a triple, he had repeated the triple toe and Axel so the second triple lutz didn't count later on.

Thanks! I forgot about the rule, you can only repeat two! That means he needs better planning jumps or think faster, 3Lz is worth more than 3T afterall.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Seems like we used to have more people caring about the B competitions...pity
was concentrated on COC

MIM was way better
& I DO like Groban generally