2016 Cup of Tyrol (9-13 Mar) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of Tyrol (9-13 Mar)

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Young You so astonishing :luv17: good for her age!

I don't know who decided to bring her in Austria.
But is a MUST that best (very) young Koreans compete abroad e.g. in Europe. Currently Korean won is strong so money can be found.
The girls can see another place, a new environment, meet other competitors (at least quickly visit a new city or two)... so they get more energy, dynamicity, enthusiasm because in S. Korea their life is probably: training, training, training, school, school, no "free time" ... in Korea they really push everything (starting from school) -too ?- hard.

P.S.: I know that Young You lived in Indonesia and Singapore before but I'm talking about the youngest Korean skaters in general.

Last edited:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Vera BAZAROVA / Andrey DEPUTAT RUS 64.91 video
2 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 60.14 video
3 Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM PRK 53.64 video
4 Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA 50.73 video

NaVi

Medalist
Rooting for Yulia... but I don't really have high hopes tbh. I'll be surprised if she gets a total score over 175. It's good that she's competing but I hope she can be somewhat content no matter how she does.

Last edited:

begin

Medalist
A weird error on her stsq but still! Yay Julia!!!

Wish we had a better look at her 3Lz but I'll just assume she really fixed her edge?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't think her edge is fixed, but maybe the judges gave her the benefit of doubt? She needs to work on it, but maybe since she has bigger problems with the flip, her lutz is not up to par yet, but they prefer to work on the jumps that need the most now. It could be a possibility.

andyjo24

Medalist
Too bad about the technical part of Yulia's FS, but she has plenty of time to improve. One step at a time.