2016 JGP Mordovia Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Mens SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The listed participants at the event are much fewer than the previous JGP events. That is one of the reasons not to expect a fierce competition.

bluelutz

On the Ice
How come only two Russian skaters?
They are supposed to able to have three as they are the hosting country.

Also wondering why only three groups of men.
Other countries did not want to sent their skaters to Russia, or Mordovia is very remote/hard to reach area???

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I love Amelie soundtrack :luv17: Too bad the program didn't get so well...

oleada

Record Breaker
The third Russian entry, Georgy Kunitsa, got injured in practice yesterday.

I liked Samarin for the first time ever. I thought he enjoyed his progam and sold it well. If he isn't going to skate to something like that now, then when?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
"All the French skaters are unique and innovative".. what Ted said. :agree:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, I actually think he's pretty similar to Florent and Kevin Aymoz, but there's nothing wrong with that, of course.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
How come only two Russian skaters?
They are supposed to able to have three as they are the hosting country.

Also wondering why only three groups of men.
Other countries did not want to sent their skaters to Russia, or Mordovia is very remote/hard to reach area???

The original roster when first posted had 22 men on it, which would have made 4 groups

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yauhenii was so fun to watch although his jumps were not on a par with his presentation.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Thanks those who answered my question.
It is always sad to know someone got injured right before a competition,
especially if it happens @international competition in his/her home country.:noshake::sad4:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Late so I've only caught up on Petr Gumennk and Samarin so far: Petr has oodles of performing ability, I rember from seeing him live last year, but he was a bit swallowed by mistakes. I hope he can get the elemts straightened out and loosen up because this programs seems to suit him otherwise. Samarin: wow, I love the program. :luv17: Shame about the jump, but other than that, great song choice, goid choreo for the most part and he pulls it off!:luv17: :luv17:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
About 20 minutes to go for Andrew's turn! I can't wait to see him...I'm getting impatient now. :dance:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thanks those who answered my question.
It is always sad to know someone got injured right before a competition,
especially if it happens @international competition in his/her home country.:noshake::sad4:

This seems to be happening so much this season (unless I'm just paying more attention than usual). We have the bus accident on the way to competition in France, Ashley Kim getting injured before the draw in Japan, now this.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Not exactly on the level of Javi's Black Betty, but that's a great score for Irakli...big improvement from last season