2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Pairs SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Amina ATAKHANOVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV's program is very creative and energetic! I really enjoyed their performance.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's not looking good for Chelsea and Brian to medal and make the final... :sad21:

Still better than for Ukrainians... There is always FP, you never know what will happen.

Love Atakhanova/Spiridonov :luv17:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It's not looking good for Chelsea and Brian to medal and make the final... :sad21:

Pairs standings are always a little bit weird though, with the lower amount of events. Some teams here only have 1 event at the moment, and others placed low at a first event.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Gabriella com from a strong athletic family as a daughter of Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval, but has a lot of things to work on...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Pairs standings are always a little bit weird though, with the lower amount of events. Some teams here only have 1 event at the moment, and others placed low at a first event.

That's so true. Last season Duskova/Bidar qualified to JGPF with 4th and 2nd place, whereas it would be impossible to qualify with that placements in any other discipline.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
What an interesting and unconventional Romeo and Juliet! It is like R & J under the world or hell..:biggrin:

While I enjoyed the creative choreography, their movements were really sloppy although the huge throw distance was impressive.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love the Canadians' choreography by Alison Purkiss. I can feel strong tango moves from their program.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, after closer examination of the standings, I *think* Brian and Chelsea will get through... :holds breath:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've never seen someone so happy to be in last place before! But really, congrats to them because obviously they're very happy with their scores and hopefully we'll get to see more of them soon. :cheer:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was so busy this morning that I didn't get to see how the results of the this event and the ladies SP. But yay! Great to see that Liu/Johnson improved their PB! Hopefully they'll do well on their FP to do we enough to make the JGPF!

oleada

Record Breaker
Ah, after closer examination of the standings, I *think* Brian and Chelsea will get through... :holds breath:

It depends. I'm not so sure. There's a number of ways they could end up out of the final.
I will assume Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Mishina/Mirzoev and Duskova/Bidar will all qualify, leaving 3 spots. The likely qualifiers from that are Boilova/Kozlovski (who have the advantage of a silver medal and 13 puts), Borisova/Sopot (ranked higher because of higher score - 11 pts ), Lou/Johnson (11pts), Oganesian/Bardei and Ustimkina/Volodin (skating their 1st event here). LIu/Johnson need to move up to at least 4th and hope that Borisova/Sopot finish behind them. They only really control their destiny if they medal.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It depends. I'm not so sure. There's a number of ways they could end up out of the final.
I will assume Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Mishina/Mirzoev and Duskova/Bidar will all qualify, leaving 3 spots. The likely qualifiers from that are Boilova/Kozlovski (who have the advantage of a silver medal and 13 puts), Borisova/Sopot (ranked higher because of higher score - 11 pts ), Lou/Johnson (11pts), Oganesian/Bardei and Ustimkina/Volodin (skating their 1st event here). LIu/Johnson need to move up to at least 4th and hope that Borisova/Sopot finish behind them. They only really control their destiny if they medal.

Right, it's by no means certain. I think B/K only have the one spot though, so that automatically disqualifies them, and O/B are going to have to do *very* well in both this event and the next since they're 6th right now. Anyways, we'll see...

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't think fourth place can be enough for them. Liu/Johnson need to be at least third, and even then it would depend on the other pairs placements. Boikova/Kozlovskii would be above them even with fourth place in their second event, so then it would depend on Borisova/Sopot's and Ustimkina/Volodin's placements. On the other hand, from seeing Boikova/Kozlovskii skate at the cup of Russia, I am wondering whether the skating at the last JGP wasn't just a skate at the complete top of their current ability, that can be repeated only if all stars align themselves. Which may mean that they may not even be fourth. Skating against Mishina/Mirzoev, Duskova/Bidar and Ustimkina/Volodin in their next event, I think fourth place is the best Boikova/Kozlovskii can hope for, but I am not sure if they can manage to be fourth. All it takes is one extra pair to beat them. Which is a good news for Liu/Johnson.

oleada

Record Breaker
Right, it's by no means certain. I think B/K only have the one spot though, so that automatically disqualifies them, and O/B are going to have to do *very* well in both this event and the next since they're 6th right now. Anyways, we'll see...
No, they're scheduled for Germany next week with U/V and M/M. It's just not reflected in the standings page yet. Australians aside, L/J have the lowest PB of the top teams here.

L/J need to medal to be sure but 4th will be enough if either B/S or U/V are behind them. If B/K or O/B are 2nd/5th at their events, though, it may be more complicated.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, they're scheduled for Germany next week with U/V and M/M. It's just not reflected in the standings page yet. Australians aside, L/J have the lowest PB of the top teams here.

L/J need to medal to be sure but 4th will be enough if either B/S or U/V are behind them. If B/K or O/B are 2nd/5th at their events, though, it may be more complicated.

Ah, gotcha. Must be a new add. In that case, not looking as good. Oh well, we shall see. Hopefully they set the ice on fire tomorrow... figuratively... and move up.