2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I remember Daisuke Takahashi got an allowance to pause to repair his blades during 2011 Worlds and he didn't get a deduction for that, yet for a nosebleed which is a medical issue got such a brutal one? I think this practice of trading your marks for a pause (especially for a medical issue) should be abolished, we are watching figure skating after all, not Happy Tree Friends.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, I'm still not an expert, but is the fly spin required to be a sit spin for junior ladies for the SP? Because if so, that kind of sucks in my opinion.

SkaterM

Rinkside
I remember Daisuke Takahashi got an allowance to pause to repair his blades during 2011 Worlds and he didn't get a deduction for that, yet for a nosebleed which is a medical issue got such a brutal one? I think this practice of trading your marks for a pause (especially for a medical issue) should be abolished, we are watching figure skating after all, not Happy Tree Friends.

This rule is quite new, since Virtue/Moir stopped right before a lift in championships. Don't know which competition it was.. But i think since then this rule is what it is...:scratch2: NOT SURE THOUGH

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I believe the rule has only been in effect since this season, so it wouldn't have applied to Daisuke's scenario in 2011.

SkaterM

Rinkside
Okay, I'm still not an expert, but is the fly spin required to be a sit spin for junior ladies for the SP? Because if so, that kind of sucks in my opinion.

Yes, next year it will be Flying Camel spin, the year after that Flying Sit spin again. The same for the jumps: this year it is the flip, next year I think it will be the loop and the year after that Lutz. And then flip again...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Maria lost levels on spins. Alisa has lost a little on COMBO, but made a lot transistion on solo jumps that gave her positive GOE which Maria didn't that much. Their PCS are about the same. The only one who can blame for being third is Maria herself, for not getting that levels on spins and fact that her layout didn't maximaze points like Alisa's one did. Period. Besides, it's only SP and Maria isn't far behind, it will all come down to FP anyway. :confused2:

Also I was hoping for a great competition like in Men, but there were a lot of falls and other things, so I'm a little dissapointed :disapp:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Alisa FEDICHKINA RUS 66.11 1 video Q
2 Marin HONDA JPN 66.11 2 video Q
3 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 64.78 3 video Q
4 Bradie TENNELL USA 58.56 4 video Q
5 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 58.08 5 video Q
6 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT 57.92 6 video Q
7 Tyler PIERCE USA 56.56 7 video Q
8 Yuna SHIRAIWA JPN 56.23 8 video Q
9 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM 55.80 9 video Q
10 Diana NIKITINA LAT 54.59 10 video Q
11 Maisy Hiu Ching MA HKG 52.69 11 video Q
12 Ha Nul KIM KOR 52.37 12 video Q
13 Anastasia GOZHVA UKR 50.99 13 video Q
14 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ 50.11 14 video Q
15 Ivett TOTH HUN 49.98 15 video Q
16 Sarah TAMURA CAN 48.11 16 video Q
17 Kyarha VAN TIEL NED 47.94 17 video Q
18 Lea Johanna DASTICH GER 47.67 18 video Q
19 Suh Hyun SON KOR 46.18 19 video Q
20 Juni Marie BENJAMINSEN NOR 45.70 20 video Q
21 Alizee CROZET FRA 45.34 21 video Q
22 Amy LIN TPE 44.52 22 video Q
23 Lucrezia GENNARO ITA 43.74 23 video Q
24 Xiangning LI CHN 43.38 24 video Q
25 Viveca LINDFORS FIN 43.19 25 video
26 Shaline RЬEGGER SUI 42.66 26 video
27 Natalie KLOTZ AUT 42.25 27 video
28 Shuran YU SIN 42.21 28 video
29 Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA EST 41.68 29 video
30 Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE 41.00 30 video
31 Michaela DU TOIT RSA 40.86 31 video
32 Julia SAUTER ROU 39.67 32 video
33 Alexandra HAGAROVA SVK 39.07 33 video
34 Monika PETERKA SLO 39.00 34 video
35 Katie PASFIELD AUS 38.96 35 video
36 Danielle HARRISON GBR 37.59 36 video
37 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE 37.57 37 video
38 Elif ERDEM TUR 37.39 38 video
39 Aleksandra RUDOLF POL 35.32 39 video
40 Teodora MARKOVA BUL 34.50 40 video
41 Elzbieta KROPA LTU 34.34 41 video
42 Leonora Colmor JEPSEN DEN 34.05 42 video
43 Thita LAMSAM THA 33.39 43 video
44 Charlotte VANDERSARREN BEL 32.30 44 video
45 Maeva GALLARDA ROSSELL ESP 29.65 45 video

JuliaHols

On the Ice
NOOOOOO WAKABA !!!! WHY WHY WHY (doing the why, why, why hands that Marin does now :palmf:) :sad4:

I really hope Wakaba comes back storming with a great free skate as does Yuna!
They're my favourite junior ladies and japanese ladies, no offence Marin.
They better be out for blood tomorrow :taunt:

Good job for Alisa and Maria, seriously thought Maria should be ahead though. but nvm, she can come back in the free skate :cheer:
So sad about Tsurskaya, thought Wakaba would have a good chance now but she's 8 points down from Alisa and Marin :gaah:
But then again, Yuzuru Hanyu won 2014 worlds after he was down 7 points after the short, so maybe it's possible?? :coffee:

GO WAKABA AND YUNA AND EVERYONE ELSE BUT ESPECIALLY THOSE TWO

But seriously though, if they don't come back strong tomorrow...I might just... :tantrum:

Also I haven't seen the protocols yet but can anyone explain why Wakaba scored so low in the TES?:sad46:

liv

Record Breaker
I can see that when it's a costume/skates issue, it should be a deduction because those things are controllable by the user.. (blades and laces should be attached properly, costumes strongly made and tried out), but when blood is streaming from your nose...not sure you can prevent that...

question: are there any medications that you can take to prevent it? like clotting agents? ...and if there are, are there any allowable in sport? I suppose that would be performance enhancing since your normal state would be to bleed and taking it would enhance your ability to perform...have no clue about that, nor have i thought about it before... however, that's the rule right now so she'll have to accept it and do her best in the free to make up some spots. Another painful lesson to put in her "experience" column.

anyway, not the best of competitions at all today, rather disappointing.

sneakers

Match Penalty
imo, Masha was underscored :frown:

should have scored closer to the top 2, perhaps even placing 1st here

Country
Russia
You're right. I got my numbers mixed up. So I guess Chem's question remains unanswered then.
Rules are the same for all ISU Championships except 4CC (where all Members can send 3 skaters/couples).
Rule 378.
For all who did not qualify to FS - 18 points, for qualified to FS if total place lower than 16th - 16 points, otherwise number of points equal to total place.
For 3 spots - if one skater 1 or 2 points, if 2 or 3 - sum of two best not more than 13 points.
For 2 spots - if one skater - top ten, if 2 or 3 - not more than 28 points.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Great job for Alisa, i hope this time it will be her time to get on the podium: at GPF she deserved the bronze. Sotskova is third but i guess she will finish first or second: she has a very strong free skate, probably the best of this event.

Angelina good but next year consider a better program with less music cuts, and at least the 2a in the second half in the short.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This rule is quite new, since Virtue/Moir stopped right before a lift in championships. Don't know which competition it was.. But i think since then this rule is what it is...:scratch2: NOT SURE THOUGH

Multiple skaters were involved in a series of program interruptions that preceded the rule change.

For example, the Shibutanis and Papadakis/Cizeron at other comps, in addition to V/M at 2013 Four Continents.

Sackie

Medalist
Good for Tamura to make the cut and actually end up in 16th place after the short! Looking at the protocols even if she had skated clean she would have been hard pressed to make the top 10. Not without a 3/3 attempt and a little reputation boost.

Country
Russia
I'm not sure. But if its not a rule that there can be exceptions due to medical reasons then they need to make one.
According to Rule 515 they must not make exceptions due to medical reasons.

If a Competitor gets injured during the performance or another adverse condition related to him or his equipment (such as health problems or unexpected damage to his/their clothing or equipment) impedes his/their skating

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Do you realize it could be dangerous for athletes to have their blood dense and predisposed to clotting?

And even if someone legitimately had to take something like that for a frequent medical issue, there's a lot of risks involved. Pre-emptively taking a medicine for something that the skater thinks could happen, but hasn't encountered before is incredibly risky. Side effects could occur, and some medicines really should only be taken after the fact (like medically inducing clotting after bleeding issues may be necessary, but preemptively inducing clotting before an issue occurs could have fatal effects)