2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS

samson

Medalist
protocols are up.

http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/4144/senior/CSITA2016_SeniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

Mirai got credit for her triple/triple! Proud of her for that. It definitely looks like her issues were mostly in stamina. Still got a ! on her lutz but she got full credit for all four triples in the first half. Watching in slow motion her free leg swung kind of wide in the toe, but the rotation was clean clean clean in the triple/triple. I'm a little surprised she didn't get credit for the toe in the axel/toe combo. I will say it looks like she's doing a much better job reigning in the power of the axel to set herself up well for the toe.

TMC

Record Breaker
When Wakaba was spinning I saw a red patch, Please tell me thats not what I think it is. And then again it might explain why she wasn't her usual hit every-jump self.

Looked to me to be just what you think it is. Poor baby :(

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Now It`s a bit surprise that Na hyun is not on Korean national team this year. :rolleye:
I would like to say she should get on the team, instead of Suh hyun. (girl who finished 23th at last j. world)

Other girls are good. (Yelim, Eunsoo, Hanul, Dabin, Soyoun, Jihyun Byun, Sohyun An)

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mysteriously dropped out of the conversation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

I got up a few times during breaks, and my screen paused> I didn't realize it.

Mirai's dead face is back. Actually, it never left, but in the Chopin SP her serious/stoic face goes with it. But it was painfully clear that this program calls for expression, expression, expression. The only time she smiled (and it was genuine!) was getting up out of the fall! During her spiral would have been a great time to express something. A good technical showing; and I see promise in these 2 programs, tho I greatly prefer the SP.

When I saw Wakaba's pink dress, I thought, hey, why doesn't every Scheherezade in figure skating wear a pink dress? Lovely. The program felt rushed, all through, and she skated a bit on top of the music. But I glimpsed the something extra she brings.

Nicole Schott ... I liked her SP better; she seemed more at ease. But today I still liked her expression of the music very much. Good music, too.

So Youn's effort today showed, as opposed to yesterday, when she showed a side of herself I hadn't seen before: sassy, sexy. Today, she worked, and I had the same impression from Na Hyun. Most of this final group seemed to be feeling that final group pressure.

Roberta .... Finally, someone who understands the value of the performance! She performed from the very beginning, as though she remembers that this is a sport that has an element and a value of artistic expression. She got tired toward the end, and that will be improved as the season goes on. I didn't really care about the mistakes, because I enjoyed her skating so much.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Now It`s a bit surprise that Na hyun is not on Korean national team this year. :rolleye:
I would like to say she should get on the team, instead of Suh hyun. (girl who finished 23th at last j. world)

Other girls are good. (Yelim, Eunsoo, Hanul, Dabin, Soyoun, Jihyun Byun, Sohyun An)

Really hoping na hyun can deliver at nationals!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am so happy to see Na Hyun has a breakthrough here. I am rooting for underdogs with unique qualities.
Her LP is a daring one though. Music from House of Flying Daggers with Ziyi Zhang singing in Chinese... Hope the music gives her more powers like the Chinese Wuxia martial arts warriors :biggrin:

sarama

Medalist
So many carrots for So Youn and Kana :palmf:

For Kanako I'm afraid it's her technique and at this point there isn't much she can do about it, even when she is cleaner she is always borderline on a ton of jumps.
For So Youn, I'm sure it's just that she really fought thorough this time, so instead of falling/popping she needed up UR, but she has good technique usually so, I wouldn't worry too much, actually for her it's a sign of improvement!

(Now please So Youn, don't make me regret I said that!)

And for Wakaba, poor girl I hope she won't feel too embarrassed (it happens, and if we lived in a less stupid society it wouldn't be that big of a deal)....BUT maybe it will be a good reason to ditch the pink :biggrin:

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
To me So Youn is back to her struggle again. She managed to do SP well but still finished behind Na Hyun Kim. Based on So Youn's consistent bad showup in recent competitions, I was surprised that she still got two GP assignments. Even Da Bin Choi is a better choice for Korea, who finished ahead of So Youn at Worlds this year.

jeff goldblum

On the Ice
What is the final result for this competition? When I go to the webpage it has only the short program results and the first two groups from the free skate. Can someone post or direct me to an up to date link? Thanks.

bluelutz

On the Ice
To me So Youn is back to her struggle again. She managed to do SP well but still finished behind Na Hyun Kim. Based on So Youn's consistent bad showup in recent competitions, I was surprised that she still got two GP assignments. Even Da Bin Choi is a better choice for Korea, who finished ahead of So Youn at Worlds this year.

You really do not know how skaters got GPS spots.
Unlike JGP, each skaters have to earn the spots with the placement on the world standings and/or SB charts, which are on ISU site.
So Youn earned two spots mainly because her good effort @4CC.
On the other hand, Da Bin could earn only one.
It is not like Korea chose So Youn over Da bin.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thank you the education. I prefer the JGP approach. So Youn is not in a good shape now for sure, even though she has solid technique, I am afraid her body is giving her up.
You really do not know how skaters got GPS spots.
Unlike JGP, each skaters have to earn the spots with the placement on the world standings and/or PB charts, which are on ISU site.
So Youn earned two spots mainly because her good effort @4CC.
On the other hand, Da Bin could earn only one.
It is not like Korea chose So Youn over Da bin.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Thank you the education. I prefer the JGP approach. So Youn is not in a good shape now for sure, even though she has solid technique, I am afraid her body is giving her up.

Sorry it is SB, not PB.
So Youn definitely has more womanly body now, compared with new Korean youngsters or even with Da Bin.
That body change happens to most of ladies, and each skaters have to deal with in different ways.
I hope So Youn will find the solution soon,
but I know the clock is ticking for her loudly because of Oly game in her home country in less than two years.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Looked like she got her period.

lol yeah, sometimes we judge them based on a bad performance and never know they are on their period or something.
it's something we don't talk about around here hehehhe