2016 Ondrej Nepela Memorial Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Ondrej Nepela Memorial Ladies FS

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
So Yulia zayaked, fell and had a wobbly spin... hopefully the zayak was a 3Lz-3T-2T and zayaking it explains missing 10 or so points there.

It was on her 2nd 2a combo. And they don't invalidate the entire combo anymore, just the repeated jump...but she had a few UR's as well.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Apart from zayak she almost fell on StSq (or was it choreo seq?), so it wasn't lookin well for her...

Caustica

Final Flight
Apart from zayak she almost fell on StSq (or was it choreo seq?), so it wasn't lookin well for her...

Yeah, it made me think that she was injured or something. It was a really strange error. She took a while to get back into the St/ChSq as well.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
No, that costume does not look good.

Her hair looked like a mess too.

I didn't care for the costume either. And I didn't understand the hair part, surely she was meant to look that way? Maybe I'm missing something.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Yulia now listens to music better, and shows more personality.
But spins do not seem to be her strength anymore. Even in the SP, she was traveling a mile in her spins. Maybe she spent too much time on jumps and ignored her spins?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia now listens to music better, and shows more personality.
But spins do not seem to be her strength anymore. Even in the SP, she was traveling a mile in her spins. Maybe she spent too much time on jumps and ignored her spins?

In the SP she only travelled on the last spin and I think it's because she was rushing because she got behind. Her spins in the SP are better than ever :yes:

Caustica

Final Flight
I didn't care for the costume either. And I didn't understand the hair part, surely she was meant to look that way? Maybe I'm missing something.

I think she was trying to imitate a traditional Asian hairstyle. Part of Kill Bill (the climax of the first movie) was set in Japan. I don't recall seeing that kind of hairstyle in the film though. (But I could be wrong.)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dabin TES 65.13 PCS 48.48
Julia TES 43.58 PCS 58.72
They could learn a thing or two from each other it would seem :laugh:

Have you seen both? I can't find DaBin's FS. Unfortunately I've seen the SP :hopelessness:

Last edited:
Argh Yulia, but her skating does look very improved IMO. I hope this costume is a placeholder for a yellow jumpsuit with a black stripe down each side, because talk about awesome. It looked like she was behind the music in her footwork sequence so she aborted the very last part? Still some work to do but she's on track, and she seemed miffed about how much she was beaten by Sotskova. She needs to treat Urmanov like he's Kung Fu master Pai Mei in training and she's Beatrix Kiddo, then she'll be fine.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Holy Cow!!!!! Where did Maria Sotskova come from? Spectacular :points: How is it possible that I've never heard of her. Is she fresh out of Juniors. I don't remember seeing her at Europeans or Worlds. I guess It doesn't really matter but, Wow! I absolutely love her style. Her posture and carriage are sheer perfection!! :bow:

Last edited: