2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
didnt like our flower routine (preferred Spain! no wonder the whole audience was extatic!!) but the clubs/hoop one was great!
& Japan is omg!:love::love: cutesy!

Melitina:cry::cry: I wanted her to win a medal sooo much:sad4:

jajoana

On the Ice

thoakun

Final Flight
Stop saying foolish things again. :noshake: Difficult of russian team has no competitors. It's absolutely another level. And only chance for another teams beat them - it's russian mistake. And as we saw, with ribbons it happend. But not with clubs and hoops. I can do RG too. Just jumping and tossing club without mistakes! And so, can I have a gold medal? :laugh:

Telling other people to shut up is not cool. I didn't present my opinion as facts. I didn't say Russia didn't deserve their win. i didn't say RG was not hard. RG has always been the source of confusion, doubt and head scratching to the uninitiated. Olympics is the only time it got the attention from people outside of Eastern Europe. You, as a fan, are doing it disservice by being rude to people who're curious about RG. The COP is open to interpretation, otherwise everyone would easily figure out how to have the highest difficulty. How about explaining the evaluation of elements in way that's easy to understand for laymen, instead of resorting to rudeness?

hugo

On the Ice
three "krasavitsy" of RG: Sasha, Rita and Yana
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJWZelvgJBQ/?taken-by=sanchos21
BTW: do you know why Rita changed the leotard for final clubs routine "We Will Rock You" ? (that one from the qualification she wore last 2 World Cup events)
She tried to forget the mistake commited previous day in this routine, so changed the leotard and wrapped the clubs with new tape... It shows how emotional and sensitive is this girl

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
This post may contain spoilers

As an eye witness, this was just amazing to see even without Yevgeniya Kanayeva. That we would have a new olympic champion was clear right from the start, but not who it would be. I got to say, I have a thing for Rita and was pleased that she won the gold medal.

I love her attitude a lot, nice feel for the music (we will rock you :cheer: ), elegant and graceful. She won the GP final at Berlin a few years ago and oh boy what a lady she has become. This is artistry and flexibility, meeting creativity and beauty.

But in general, I was very pleased with the field, Son Yeon Jae is aging well (does this make any sense to you Americans...)? What I mean is, she is now with the Russian coaches since a while and it just shows, she really wants to entertain you with her programs and she always looks at people for reactions. Old russian school, you compete for the people, not for you, I love that approach.

I so hope she keeps going, that 5th place was always like her signature spot *laughs*, and now she climbed on 4, but even without a medal, she is so wonderful to watch! My favorite south korean athlete right now, such a darling.

Sad I felt for Salome Pazhava, she did compete injured under lots of pain, could hardly walk from the math into the dressing rooms, almost broke my heart to see her like that ... what a fighter!

Yana we will surely see again in 4 years, I guess the Olympics were too "overwhelming", for such a dominant athlete, it must have been a whole mountain that was sitting on her chest, so she made some mistakes, but still silver with great extensions and smooth movements, a real eye catcher. You hardly spot transitions with her, she does not set up or telegraph things, just great.

Great was also the bronze girl and yes I could hardly take my eyes of her (my rips still hurt from the GF´s elbows), Ganna - she has so much sexappeal! And what about the Spaniard, with 30 years of age, Olé!

Around my age and I assure you, 30 is when it slowly starts to hurt in every muscle and she puts on such a fantastic show! People loved her!

What I noticed is that people in Brazil clap all the time, but completely out of rhytmic. At times, hearing the music was super hard and I am sure it was hard for the athletes as well, if the crowds had a different rythm than the actual program was in.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Among these top RG girls, I love Yana most. The artistic attraction in her performances is just unparalleled and breathtaking! :love: Watching her hoop & ball routines at the Rio finals almost made my heart stop beating... I am serious. :laugh: Mamun is such a fierce competitor that is Simply Unbelievable! The Korean girl is beautiful in competitions, but all the media hype about her good looks outside the arena just makes me sick.

Anyway, congratulations to all the medalists! :clapper:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Among these top RG girls, I love Yana most. The artistic attraction in her performances is just unparalleled and breathtaking! :love: Watching her hoop & ball routines at the Rio finals almost made my heart stop beating... I am serious. :laugh: Mamun is such a fierce competitor that is Simply Unbelievable! The Korean girl is beautiful in competitions, but all the media hype about her good looks outside the arena just makes me sick.

Anyway, congratulations to all the medalists! :clapper:

What you said about Son Yeon Jae is indeed the curse of any decent looking athlete. Quite often, female athletes attract people because of their look, rather than their results. If we look back at Anna Kournikova, then I am sure most men saw her fitness video, but how many know and witnessed the two grand slam victories with Martina? How many know about her being in the Wimbledon semi final, reaching 4th rounds and the quarters several times at majors?

She was a good player, especially as a junior and teenager. There was not that much between her and others at that time and quite often she lost because of inexperience or nerves like vs. Novotna or Graf.

Don´t get me wrong, I know that the look is an important thing for a lady, woman like to be pretty and surely do a lot do be exactly this. But, it downgrades their achievements if only said look or boyfriend gossip is spread and not their competetive results.

@ Hugo

Vladimir looks like a schoolboy on his first date ;)

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
What you said about Son Yeon Jae is indeed the curse of any decent looking athlete. Quite often, female athletes attract people because of their look, rather than their results. If we look back at Anna Kournikova, then I am sure most men saw her fitness video, but how many know and witnessed the two grand slam victories with Martina? How many know about her being in the Wimbledon semi final, reaching 4th rounds and the quarters several times at majors?

She was a good player, especially as a junior and teenager. There was not that much between her and others at that time and quite often she lost because of inexperience or nerves like vs. Novotna or Graf.

Don´t get me wrong, I know that the look is an important thing for a lady, woman like to be pretty and surely do a lot do be exactly this. But, it downgrades their achievements if only said look or boyfriend gossip is spread and not their competetive results.
I am not at all against the beauty in sport, but the fact just turns me off that this Korean girl Son could always make the headlines in the press even though she was not a medal winner at any big events.

As for Kournikova, she is a talented tennis player, but her professional career in singles ended in failure mainly because of the excessive media hype back then. Martina is my favorite ladies player, but she was unfairly treated by the audience at one of the French Open finals, for which I still feel very sorry until today.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I am not at all against the beauty in sport, but the fact just turns me off that this Korean girl Son could always make the headlines in the press even though she was not a medal winner at any big events.

As for Kournikova, she is a talented tennis player, but her professional career in singles ended in failure mainly because of the excessive media hype back then. Martina is my favorite ladies player, but she was unfairly treated by the audience at one of the French Open finals, for which I still feel very sorry until today.
That Korean girl make the headlines in press everywhere, is not absolutely due to her pretty looks. it also due to the fact that she is the only asian that was in top ten in a Sport that is absolutely dominated by Europeans . She is rare and precious. And in this world, we cherish gold medal as well as precious breakthroughs.
That applied in other disciplines too.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
That Korean girl make the headlines in press everywhere, is not absolutely due to her pretty looks. it also due to the fact that she is the only asian that was in top ten in a Sport that is absolutely dominated by Europeans . She is rare and precious. And in this world, we cherish gold medal as well as precious breakthroughs.
That applied in other disciplines too.
Your version here is quite far-fetched. The rarity in Son's case is not how special her position in RG means to the audience, but her natural beauty in Korea and the importance of her commercial value to the sponsors who have been funding her long-term trainings in Russia.

hugo

On the Ice
There will be 1 hour long documentary film about Rita Mamun and her way to Rio starting from worlds championship 2015.
Young polish director Marta Prus (in childhood she trained RG for 7 years) has started the footage 2 years ago. She wanted to make a film about top level rhythmic gymnast and she has choosed Rita attracted by her personality. Good choice, isn't it ?
Here is an interview with the director (in english) taken just before the start of OG: http://www.polishdocs.pl/en/news/31...redictable_but_also_making_a_documentary_film
and interview with Rita where she told about this film (and another things too):
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/923243

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Your version here is quite far-fetched. The rarity in Son's case is not how special her position in RG means to the audience, but her natural beauty in Korea and the importance of her commercial value to the sponsors who have been funding her long-term trainings in Russia.

I beg to disagree, I believe many RG audience casual or not found the existence of that Korean girl quite refreshing and pleasing. just a couple of examples, the OG commentators both from official IOC youtube channel (London) and NBC stream(Rio) spoken very highly of her performance/existence.
Asia can offer many good looking girls to RG, just check out the Japanese and Chinese girls in Rio. But that Korean girl is the only Asian in top ten. So good look is not everything.