2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

MeltedIce

On the Ice
She looks more mature and womanly than at worlds. I'm still deciding which I like more, hers or Anna's program :clap:

Warwick360

Medalist
Jesus.....clip of Medvedeva and her team laughing during Elena's highlights. That is such a not so subtle way of stirring the pot by whoever is handling the broadcasting direction. :dev2:

xabia

On the Ice
Don't like the high-necked costume on Elena. She has a very short neck, and the deeper the neckline, the better she looks. She has a pretty face, and needs more of a frame for it.
Yes - that costume makes her look as though she has no waist. Perhaps she's put on weight.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
The stsq was good. I always find her a bit ragged to watch but the music disguised the posture problems a bit, I felt.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sorry...I still think the version of the song they chose is horrific. I don't know if I will ever like another of her programs...just one bad choice after another :(

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I really do not like this program for Lena...

Early jazz would probably suit her, but Porgy and Bess is deceptively sophisticated and she's still a bit too noodly for it. Hamming it up isn't enough to cover it up.

I would have put Lip ahead of Rad.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Looking at the first three, they low-balled Yulia in the scores. She should have been second but ah well.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is there still some Russian training pecking order at play here? Is Yulia, being in Sochi, now sort of at a disadvantage compared to the Moscow-based skaters?

Lota

Record Breaker
I don't know why (the dress?), but Elena kind of looked like an ostrich to me :laugh2: I do actually like her program though, very different from her usual stuff :agree:

TGee

Record Breaker
What the frick is going on with that dress??? She looks like half woman/half stuffed animal.

You know, I was thinking that Lena and Yulia should trade costumes ;)

Yulia has the form to carry of the 60s black fringy tube and it would suit her music better...

Elena might look better in the coffee costume of Yulia's...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Jesus.....clip of Medvedeva and her team laughing during Elena's highlights. That is such a not so subtle way of stirring the pot by whoever is handling the broadcasting direction. :dev2:

Just like Stolbova's reaction at Elena FS last year.