2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Everyone seemed slower and more self-aware than usual here (although with Radionova there are other reasons for that). I was so sad for Tursynbaeva falling after landing the axel!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Without that rule Elizabet Tursynbaeva could have stayed with Eteri Tutberidze and maybe become successfull like Evgenia.

Oh come on. :slink: Tursynbaeva is just 16 years old and even younger than Medvedeva and you expect that work with Tutberidze is going to automatically guarantee something. :scratch2: Elizabeth is already pretty successful and insanely talented.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Universal HD is airing the Ladies' short right now.

American commentators still pronounce Anna's last name like Pogo-really-uh.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No worries, Satoko will get those invisible underrotatations at NHK and win gold
I was going to say how Osmond would do in NHK, but she isn't competing there, the Japanese would make a payback there after Satokos result in Canada and would have hammered Osmond every way.

I do wonder how serious you're on that :slink: Sure your own walls help you, it's like that in every sport no matter how subjective / objective the scoring in specific sport is but I would not say that they're intermingling with a purpose unless you imply some sort of deal or corruption behind :scratch2:

sneakers

Match Penalty
I do wonder how serious you're on that :slink: Sure your own walls help you, it's like that in every sport no matter how subjective / objective the scoring in specific sport is but I would not say that they're intermingling with a purpose unless you imply some sort of deal or corruption behind :scratch2:

the federation can pressure in some ways for the scoring factor in competing in home country, at the JGP Japan, the ladies had a sweep despite a questionable 3rd placer the same for Russian JGP they made a tit for tat and had a russian sweep.

If Osmond would have competed at NHK, she would be punished harsher as Miyahara did in Canada. Kind of like the federations giving a message.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can't understand why so many people are against Osmond. She's skating her best ever and her personality is magic on the ice. I'm completely neutral, don't have an axe to grind, but I feel that credit should be given where it's due. Some might have put Miyahara in front of her, but she definitely deserved a podium place. I'm just so happy that she's no longer falling on all her jumps like she did last year.

I guess some people are just jealous and envy, probably also terrified that another strong contender came along what is bad for their faves.

Khoai

Match Penalty
To be fair, given how all the events of this season have been scored, that might actually happen. Even though I do think Miss Miyahara was scored well given her UR issue.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I actually liked Elena's SP a lot. Her use of shoulders isn't the best but the choreography and her charisma somehow made it work.

YAAAAS to Yulia! Go girl, go!!

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
[warning: contains slo-mo gifs]

There seems to be an outcry over Elena's backend 3T not called UR... should it have been called UR?
https://imgflip.com/gif/1dkc7d

To my eyes, the landing wasn't short by 90 degrees so it didn't deserve a < (under the prevailing judging standards). However the prerotation was massive (on par with the worst of Satoko's or Zhenya's). The jump had exactly 2.0 revolutions in the air, in my estimation.

Anna's landing was by no means squeaky clean either. But her prerotation was smaller than Elena's.
https://imgflip.com/gif/1dkd01

Yulia's backend 3T seemed to me the cleanest by far.
https://imgflip.com/gif/1dkdl3

I really enjoyed Elena's performance and energy though. I'm really scratching my head as to how people can be complaining about this program after Je t'aime and Titanic :laugh: I thought all three russian ladies absolutely lit up the ice, in different styles and manners.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Are you kidding me? Kaetlyn got the PB in the FS (over 10 points above her previous PB) at SC with a fall and several mistakes.

Kolyada deserved these marks, i remember Javi and Juzuru getting the pb with more mistakes and falls.

You should check out the protocol of her previous PB freeskate for context, where she did only 4 triples and had no level 4 elements (at SC 2016 FS she got all level 4s). And the jumps she did got good but not outstanding GOE (no +3s). Her base value was almost 7 points lower due to no loop, doubled jumps, and lower levels. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/csger2015/CSGER2015_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf It was also a time right before when judges started being less conservative with their PCS/GOE scores. Like I said, she probably deserved less PCS and a score just above 130, but if you compare her two performance (even with a fall at SC), she's a much better skater today, the judges give higher PCS, and not to mention she executed more content, stronger elements, and got better GOE. So, 10 points above her PB (her PB being a flawed performance to begin with) is not outrageous.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
weaver/poje are with Morozov now and are training in a russian rink
maybe consultations for other russian coaches but I doubt Mishin would take Zijun.

I read somewhere that Li will be training in Mishin's group in preparation for her second GP event. Since Mishin and his team are all very nice people, I believe that she will feel comfortable there, even though she can't speak Russian at all.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
After absolutely shame inflated scores of Osmond at SC :laugh2: - CoR was very good and nice. :love:

I agree the scores are much more in line but lets be fair equally as horrific or biased or unfair was Skate America - remmber Gracie's short and Ashley in general. Let's be fair follks :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Elizabet cutesy outfit which makes her look even younger.

Russian Nationals is going to be a bloodbath. I would have probably had Julia above Elena but it is shaping up to be a clear Russian sweep. So who will make Worlds? Evgenia and Anna seem a good bet but Julia, Elizaveta or Elena... who will get the third spot??

Is Polina t in the mix? what about Sotnikova? Maria S? Leonova? I personally think all three Russians could have been scored 2.25 pts higher each certainly compared to Skate America and Canada. I love Rad's fight; she isn't going down without a fight.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
want to make bets why Satoko, Hanyu were lowballed. even C/B almost lost silver; It wasn't at Rostelecom
hmmmm....

Osmond is not a 70+s girl, that's for sure
her 132 in FS which was more over scored than even counting Gracie Gold's :shocked:

REally I think it is unfair to pick on Osmond or any skaters. Its the judges and Osmond, is just an upcoming skater and really to be fair she skates huge like Gracie but unlike Gracie she has innate,natural beauty or style or performance in her skating. She is fierce like Ashley but more natural talent in her jumps and performance. So cmpared to the other girls she deserves to score up there. We all know that whether it be due to skating in your own nation with more support or if it is pro national judging that skaters do better usually in their own country - now get over it folks. I t happened in Russia and it happened in Canada and the US and guess what it iwll happen in France, Japan and China too. Save yourself a heart attack and get used to it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Now the big question in my opinion after seeing the short is will Pogo and Julia continue skating well or will they crash and burn leaving the door open for ET or a Japanese lady or will Courtney pull a Bell performance here?