2016 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Ladies SP

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
My internet died five minutes before it started. Five minutes.

And looking at the videos and scores, I am so very happy it did. At least I got a good night sleep without stress. Because what is even that with Mao?! No. Come on, this is turning just silly now. I need chocolate.

Oh and stuff like this makes me look forward to when the Russians start sweeping. The shoe on the other foot is always extra sweet then.

Last edited:

deneuved

On the Ice
It's not the same at all, Ashley And gracie are getting boosted even in area's they are really mediocre at and their flaws are even getting rewarded lol plus goe on UR? extreme high goe for mediocre level 3 spins and steps! what a joke

Also tke a look at ashleys step sequence, she is doing all kinds of facial expressions and dramatic arm movement, but her legs barely move, someone needs to tell ashley the step sequence is suppost to showcase your skating skills, multi directional skating, edge work, speed and control not your facial expression or flaring arms!

what the point of getting all level 4 elements if a skater with level 3 ends up with the same scores thanks to unpropotionate goe!

But then the judges can't be ALL wrong then, even if the American skaters get high marks outside of their own country. So there must be *something* that the judges see in it? Don't get me wrong here, I'm not American, but German so totally neutral on what country a female single skater is from.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
It's not the same at all, Ashley And gracie are getting boosted even in area's they are really mediocre at and their flaws are even getting rewarded lol plus goe on UR? extreme high goe for mediocre level 3 spins and steps! what a joke

Also take a look at ashleys step sequence, she is doing all kinds of facial expressions and dramatic arm movement, but her legs barely move, someone needs to tell Ashley the step sequence is suppost to showcase your skating skills, multi directional skating, edge work, speed and control not your facial expression or flaring arms! I don't blame Ashley she just realized that putting in overdramatic expressions and arm movement will distract the judges from watching her feet!

what the point of getting all level 4 elements if a skater with level 3 ends up with the same scores thanks to unpropotionate goe! I don't care if it's only a few points difference, a few points here and a few points there do make a difference by the end of the day, 4 skaters from 2-5 are litterally tied, and attention to such details would have changed the sp ranks completely!

All this nitpicking is so annoying.....:yawn:

mary01

Final Flight
But then the judges can't be ALL wrong then, even if the American skaters get high marks outside of their own country. So there must be *something* that the judges see in it? Don't get me wrong here, I'm not American, but German so totally neutral on what country a female single skater is from.

Oh yes they can be all wrong,foreksempel giving plus goe to UR Jumps while doing the opposite to all other skaters is wrong and repeating this mistake doesn't make it right, it just makes the judges seem corrupt and shows their inability to follow the scoring guidelines glaring!

Last edited:

mary01

Final Flight
All this nitpicking is so annoying.....:yawn:

It may be annoying for those who don't care about fair scoring, but I watch this sport because I enjoy watching skating with uniq and difficult skills it's just soo frustrating when real skating skills are overlooked while the medicore kind is rewarded!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Then she is lucky that this is her home event, and she won it as she got a (very slight) boost. It can be vice versa at the next Grand Prix or at Worlds etc. I guess it will be the same at the Cup of Russia for the Russian skaters or at the NHK Trophy for the Japanese.

Yeah, and you are all so quiet, and accepting and understanding when that happens.
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
lol, Gracie getting score like that, after that uninspiring and sitting on her flip... :slink:
Frank don't let her do two Flips in FS pls....

Ashley was overscored too with an UR, Mao, Son Youn and Daleman got lowballed.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
this beyond of ridiculous, you don´t need to be an expert, just look at their feet. I mean, we are not comparing Mao to Yuka Sato or Carolina, is Mao vs Ashley :scratch2:.

Anyway, I love Ashley´s dress, just I am not sure if it is ideal for this program.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
It may be annoying for those who don't care about fair scoring, but I watch this sport because I enjoy watching skating with uniq and difficult skills it's just soo frustrating when real skating skills are overlooked while the medicore kind is rewarded!

What is "fair" ? Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's wrong. You don't enjoy figure skating and performances, because all you do is analyzing. If you would enjoy figure skating, you wouldn't complain about some numbers. People are too obsessed with numbers. Are you a judge? No. Let the professionals do their job and don't stress yourself and your pretty head with things that are none of your business :laugh:
Just watch and enjoy, that's all you have to do. It's not that hard :confused2: :coffee:

deneuved

On the Ice
What is "fair" ? Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's wrong. You don't enjoy figure skating and performances, because all you do is analyzing. If you would enjoy figure skating, you wouldn't complain about some numbers. People are too obsessed with numbers. Are you a judge? No. Let the professionals do their job and don't stress yourself and your pretty head with things that are none of your business :laugh:
Just watch and enjoy, that's all you have to do. It's not that hard :confused2: :coffee:

This was the best post ever :)

mary01

Final Flight
this beyond of ridiculous, you don´t need to be an expert, just look at their feet. I mean, we are not comparing mao to yuka sato or carolina, is mao vs ashley :scratch2:.

Anyway, i love ashley´s dress, just i am not sure if it is ideal for this program.

THIS, I totally agree

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Just watched the performances and I agree with the judging. There's practically a tie between Gracie, Gabrielle and Mao and the top two are well within reach. Tough tech panel and I like that.
I also think that Gracie's eye make-up was not very well done, but I liked the dark look for her. I mentioned this already - I would like Gracie to embrace her dark side and I think this was a step forward performance wise for her. And the 3Lz-3T was impeccable.
Mao has to rotate her 3F, without the 3A and a 3-3 she needs the quality in her elements and if she hasn't got that I don't think she should be in front. She seems to know where she stands at this point because of her knee injury and I think she's going to medal at this GP. I liked her SP best and the FS is something to look forward to, I hope she has the stamina for it.
Gabrielle seems to have had an endorphin rush going into that 3Lz. ;) Nice performance, nice program.
Ashley was solid, she obviously has problems with her back, Raphael doesn't seem to mind that she isn't doing the bielmann and I honestly don't care either. I'm kind of fed up with bielmann spins. Remember those catch foot death spirals in pairs? Mediocre bielmann spins create almost the same emotion in me.
I really enjoyed Mai, she's really one to be reckoned with in the next years! Mariah and So Youn were lovely. The rest had problems with their elements, I felt sorry for them.
And only three skaters had clean 3-3's. I think So Youn doesn't get enough credit for that.

mary01

Final Flight

This is a competition, and not an ice show, your suppost to analyze, pinpoints, and compare!

That aside I have watched skating faar to long to just accept any strange scoring thrown at me!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Watching Kanako, I don't get it. Yes, she obviously had not the skate of a lifetime. Yes, there were obvious mistakes and she seemed stiff and (maybe) scared. But not even breaking 50? That's just cruel. That's the way to crushen a spirit, people.

yuki

Final Flight

Why watch any figure skating competition then, if the only point is enjoyment and scores and placements are not supposed to matter/make sense?

Last edited:

fruitbasket

Rinkside
Kanako's SP score

Watching Kanako, I don't get it. Yes, she obviously had not the skate of a lifetime. Yes, there were obvious mistakes and she seemed stiff and (maybe) scared. But not even breaking 50? That's just cruel. That's the way to crushen a spirit, people.

Kanako did not have major mistake in her SP but rec'd 40's level scores, judges do not want to see her skate anymore.

frida80

Record Breaker
You know the season has started when people argue all night about scoring. Good morning.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Kanako did not have major mistake in her SP but rec'd 40's level scores, judges do not want to see her skate anymore.
No major mistakes? Have I watched the same performance? I feel very sorry for Kanako, her jumps are off.

fruitbasket

Rinkside
Ashley needs to work on her jumps and, I think, the choreography, but she's the best performer, even when technically she is inferior her programs get to you. I enjoy her program the most and can't wait to see more polished. Go Ashley!! :clapper:

Ashley's jumps Technic is inferior but rec'd high PCS scores...I do not get it why her PCS scores so high?