2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1 | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 1

winky97

Medalist
Dear people engaged into Elena&Evgenia discussion,

Medvedeva has posted in VK group under one of the posts. She answered to some posters (and it was her real VK page)
(rough translation)
"I don't understand your reaction. Lena and I are good. Not heart to heart as one may say, but we do not hate each other and communicate well. She left because she had to warm-up before her own skate and I am very happy that she sat in team box and cheered for me. It is very hard to do that vefore your own skate. Have some respect."

There u go. Not BFFs, but not enemies. I am sure people still won't accept it. For some reason people have decided to turn Elena into some kind of villain the season.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This is an ISU sanctioned event, but not an ISU event, so will not count.

My understanding is that Shoma's 4F was ratified. Why would a world record score or personal best score be treated differently? I've seen specific language in ISU communications that this event as an invitational doesn't count towards world ranking - but the only thing I've seen mentioning personal bests is that event must use ISU judging system. Are you aware of something else?

randomfan

Record Breaker

Medvedeva has posted in VK group under one of the posts. She answered to some posters (and it was her real VK page)
(rough translation)
"I don't understand your reaction. Lena and I are good. Not heart to heart as one may say, but we do not hate each other and communicate well. She left because she had to warm-up before her own skate and I am very happy that she sat in team box and cheered for me. It is very hard to do that vefore your own skate. Have some respect."

Thanks for the translation! :bow: to Evgenia for her answer, especially that last sentence. Seriously, some people should have some respect to these skaters who are working hard.

UnChosen

On the Ice
you can say that about everyone's quad jump.

Hanyu's quad toe has barely any pre-rotation, and Jin's 4Lz practically has none, because the Lutz jump by its nature is hard to pre-rotate without veering onto the inside edge and getting an edge call.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
There u go. Not BFFs, but not enemies. I am sure people still want accept it. for some reason people have decided to turn Elena into some kind of villain the season.
I don't want to turn her into a villain. It's nice to read that Medvedeva is defending her.
I just think Radionova should take more care about how she comes across. It's not that her whole appearance is all natural nowadays, so she could take care and I think that she should in order to please the fans, her sponsors and the Fed.. Otherwise she could find herself in the second tier without ever really knowing what went wrong.

Galadriel666

Spectator
In her own social media fan group Evgenia commented earlier: "I don't understand your reaction. Everything is good between me and Lena. Not soul to soul as it said, but we are not at enmity and have absolutely normal communication. She went away, because she needed to warm-up before her own performance, and I'm really glad that she sat in the team box and supported me. It's really hard to do before your own perfomance. Have some respect please."
I hope it will end up that unpleasant descussion. Lena is definitely not my favorite skater, but I don't think she's mean. She has fighting spirit and obviously was frustrated with such a performance. Somebody could sit in K'n'C after that kind of mistakes either upset, or dissapointed, somebody get angry and it's quiet normal, l think.
P.S. That's first time I'm trying to comment after months of reading, and English is not my first language, sorry for possible mistakes. And can't wait last minutes before day 2 gonna start))) I wish best of Luck, Strength, Joy and Healthy to all the athletes!))
Ow, somebody already have posted it, while I was typing)))

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
My understanding is that Shoma's 4F was ratified. Why would a world record score or personal best score be treated differently? I've seen specific language in ISU communications that this event as an invitational doesn't count towards world ranking - but the only thing I've seen mentioning personal bests is that event must use ISU judging system. Are you aware of something else?

I hope that Mrs. P will answer you when she has a chance to come up for air, but meanwhile, I will take a stab at responding.

What I am saying below applies to official ISU SBs; official ISU PBs; and what the ISU calls "highest scores" (not world records).
(First-ever ratified jumps, such as Shoma's quad flip at TCC, are a different kettle of fish.)

Scores are counted only if they come from certain comps. The list of comps is limited (AFAIK) to:
- the ISU's own comps, meaning JGPs; GPs; JGPF/GPF; ISU Championships (Euros; Four Continents; Junior Worlds; Worlds); and WTT;
- Olympic Winter Games; Youth Olympic Games;
- Challenger Series comps​

Scores earned at other ISU-sanctioned comps do not count toward official ISU SBs; official ISU PBs; and official ISU highest scores.

The example I used in a previous post is Gardena Spring Trophy, which (like TCC) is an ISU-sanctioned comp.
Scores earned at Gardena do not count toward official ISU SBs; official ISU PBs; and official ISU highest scores.

ETA:
Have not been able to find official ISU language stating what I have said above.
But to the best of my knowledge, the only scores that do show up as PBs in official ISU bios and as SBs on the official ISU lists are from the list of comps that I gave above.​

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

(rough translation)

Thank you very much for posting this - it is really sweet of Evgenia to write that. And she rocks for telling people to 'have some respect'! I may have my problems with her skating and marks, but she's a lovely girl :clapper:

Manitou

Medalist
In her own social media fan group Evgenia commented earlier: "I don't understand your reaction. Everything is good between me and Lena. Not soul to soul as it said, but we are not at enmity and have absolutely normal communication. She went away, because she needed to warm-up before her own performance, and I'm really glad that she sat in the team box and supported me. It's really hard to do before your own perfomance. Have some respect please."

Then after this comes the second part you missed:

Evegenia: Elena, I also advise you to read the comment above.

Then comes the comment from the Russian Team: Lena and Zhenia, we hope you don't mind that we publish this here. Too much has been said already in comments. Please, don't respond, just take a mental note. Good luck and don't listen to anyone. You are strong!

(Надеюсь, что ни Лена, ни Женя не против того, что я это опубликую здесь. Слишком много лишних слов сегодня было сказано в комментариях.
Просьба не отписываться, просто возьмите себе на заметку.
Девочкам удачи и никого не слушать. Вы у нас самые сильные!)

Then the next one from the Russian Team: In the comments under some posts (we have a feeling that this conversation has been cleaned as we cannot find it).

(в комментариях под каким-то из постов (сейчас ощущение, что этот разговор был подчищен, потому что сразу не могу его найти) на)

So this whole thing suggests that the online conversation had been much bigger and more dramatic, but was cleaned up later.

What struck me when I was watching Elena waiting for the marks, that nobody from the Russian team even came close to cheering her up. The level of support she received was zero, until finally Anna Cappellini pushed the row of skaters directly above Elena to give Elena some support. That row included Evgenia who was completely not caring about Elena, even though she was the skater standing closest to Elena.

Last edited:

Galadriel666

Spectator
Then after this comes the second part you missed:

Evegenia: Elena, I also advise you to read the comment above.

Then comes the comment from the Russian Team: Lena and Zhenia, we hope you don't mind that we publish this here. Too much has been said already in comments. Please, don't respond, just take a mental note. Good luck and don't listen to anyone. You are strong!

(Надеюсь, что ни Лена, ни Женя не против того, что я это опубликую здесь. Слишком много лишних слов сегодня было сказано в комментариях.
Просьба не отписываться, просто возьмите себе на заметку.
Девочкам удачи и никого не слушать. Вы у нас самые сильные!)

Then the next one from the Russian Team: In the comments under some posts (we have a feeling that this conversation has been cleaned as we cannot find it).

(в комментариях под каким-то из постов (сейчас ощущение, что этот разговор был подчищен, потому что сразу не могу его найти) на)

So this whole thing suggests that the online conversation had been much bigger and more dramatic, but was cleaned up later.

What struck me when I was watching Elena waiting for the marks, that nobody from the Russian team even came close to cheering her up. The level of support she received was zero, until finally Anna Cappellini pushed the row of skaters directly above Elena to give Elena some support. That row included Evgenia who was completely not caring about Elena, even though she was the skater standing closest to Elena.

So I read it in the original conversation, when it was on the Medvedeva's fan group, not repost or guesses. Jenia only tried to protect Radionova and answered to 2 women. And Elena you mentioned is not radionova, she' s just some user, unknown to me. That's why I didn't post the second Jenia's post, becouse she obviously meant: Elena (again unknown woman from vk), look at my previous comment, have some respect to my teammate.
There was no big drama, I would say that was usual russian fan fest drama, when if you cheering for one girl, you should hate another girls. (which i don't like at all).
I didn't read the group you mentioned. I think they tried to make peace between fans. I hope they could)) I really think that relationships between girls are much-much better then fans thinking. I just wish relationships between fans were better too and this neverending fight was over.
For me figure skating is joy. I cheer for every athlete from every country. Of course I have favorite ones, who brings me a little bit more joy or sadness. But I really respect each and every skater, they work hard. So please let's try not to fill the forum with this not really usefull or pleasant information.)))) I do not count how many hugs had some skater, how many times somebody touched hair, shoulders to support. I don't think it's determine them as person or athlete. It's kind of new, a little bit awkward competition, and for me everybody looks uncomfortable and unnatural in team box) Besides, maybe if Yulia, Adelya or Max was here they would cheered her up more " appropriate", 'cause they are her friends. As for me, I would prefer only my closest friends to hug me, especially when i feel anger, dissapointment or insecure.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

The ISU certification process is a separate process. The jump is going to get reviewed by the ISU and then they will make it official.

It's a similar process to Brandon Mroz, who has the title of having landed the first quad Lutz in competition. There was some question whether it would be considered a record since it was landed at a USFS (not international competition), but ISU certified it as the first one: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...inning-u-s-skater-nailed-first-quadruple-lutz

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The ISU certification process is a separate process. The jump is going to get reviewed by the ISU and then they will make it official.

It's a similar process to Brandon Mroz, who has the title of having landed the first quad Lutz in competition. There was some question whether it would be considered a record since it was landed at a USFS (not international competition), but ISU certified it as the first one: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...inning-u-s-skater-nailed-first-quadruple-lutz

Thx!

angecinth

Rinkside
Something must have happened between Elena and Evgenia, remember that during the Russian National, Evgenia and Anna communicated a lot while waiting for the award ceremony and TOTALLY ignored Elena, she was playing with her cell phone all the time. I don't think they are friends, just teammates.
But Elena has her friends. I really like the chemistry between she and Julia, Adelina, and Liza.

Manitou

Medalist
Something must have happened between Elena and Evgenia, remember that during the Russian National, Evgenia and Anna communicated a lot while waiting for the award ceremony and TOTALLY ignored Elena, she was playing with her cell phone all the time. I don't think they are friends, just teammates.
But Elena has her friends. I really like the chemistry between she and Julia, Adelina, and Liza.

I know Yulia and Evgenia dislike each other, while Yulia, Elena R, Elena Ilinykh and Adelina are very close. At the same time Evgenia is close to Anna. Typical situation where there is a fierce competition within the same federation in the complex network of clubs, coaches, resources, benefits, itd. Especially among teenage girls plus the Russian drama spirit.
I don't think Ashley and Gracie are BFFs either. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I know Yulia and Evgenia dislike each other, while Yulia, Elena R, Elena Ilinykh and Adelina are very close. At the same time Evgenia is close to Anna. Typical situation where there is a fierce competition within the same federation in the complex network of clubs, coaches, resources, benefits, itd. Especially among teenage girls plus the Russian drama spirit.
I don't think Ashley and Gracie are BFFs either. Not a big deal.

I think Ashley is friends with Madison Chock and Gracie is friends with Maia Shibutani. At least I believe that's how they room together when they travel to competitions together (Worlds, Olympics).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember at Russian nationals Radio and Lipnitskaia communicated a lot and made face while watching Evgenia. They were so mean, especially Radio. And Radio was mean and had that Ashley b*tch face and kept playing her cell phone showing no respect at Euros too. Evgenia has been so polite and so classy all along.

http://media.giphy.com/media/hIRQPfaxAttXa/giphy.gif
Julia has a terrible poker face!!

We don't even really know what they were laughing about and it could have been the reporter's question too. Julia has a history with some reporters and maybe they were poking fun at them instead which she is known to do in pressers. :laugh:

https://giant.gfycat.com/UnitedVeneratedFinch.gif
Voronov has the worst poker face :laugh:

Honestly we don't know what goes on behind closed doors and how they all truely interact with each other but I don't think they all need to be friends. There really hasn't been anything said in public that has me too concerned about these things.

Last edited: