2016 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds Pairs Short Program

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I don't think it is a problem of age, W/W also have a big age gap. But Lei Wang has a young face and slim build. HAo Zhang's figure has been a problem long before pairing up with Peng. I guess it was because Z/Z grow up together and the Change of figure happened gradually it was not that glaring. He is a strong partner, but I agree with you he should give it a second thought regarding more olympics.

Just a personal opinion, I think it is about time that the Chinese Skating Federation pair Cheng Peng up with someone else. The age gap between Cheng and Hao is becoming more and more glaring to me. There are times in the routine when they are performing that I simply cringe. I don't feel that way when I watch Yu/Jin or Wang/Wang, that is because they are close in age and they match each other really well as pairs but Peng/Zhang just cringes me. Peng would look really nice if she is paired with someone her age.

I read in an article somewhere where Hao Zhang said he wants to continue skating to the next 2 Olympics, my immediate reaction was, please..........have some dignity, just retire and coach or something, you have much to give in terms of teaching pairs skating........let the young ones do it.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The way the russians are treated is just... omg.

Ksenia and Fedor the GPF winner, won't be on the podium just because the event is in Boston and the skating order will not allow them to make big scores. From a fan of this couple, this is disgusting.

Tatiana and Maxim will barely stay on the podium, Olympics gold medalist. ahahahah

Last edited:

TatiMax

On the Ice
The way the russians are treated is just... omg.

Ksenia and Fedor the GPF winner, won't be on the podium just because the event is in Boston and the skating order will not allow them to make big scores. From a fan of this couple, this is disgusting.

Tatiana and Maxim will barely stay on the podium, Olympics gold medalist. ahahahah

The competition is not over and any thing can happen tomorrow!
Fyodor and Ksenia twist was not good. Fyodor is little injured, they can still win tomorrow if they skate like GPF.
Tatiana and Maxim had perfect twist but she doubled one of her landings. They had the best compo score! A medal for them any color is good they were away 2 years from competition.
I never look at scores I enjoy good routines. This is a subjective judging sport you should just do your best and forget about judging.
So just enjoy :)
Good luck to Tatiana and Maxim tomorrow :cheer:
And also don't be sad tomorrow free ladies and Russia does good in this event. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And the crowd were kind to both teams too.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Sorry, they were NOT okay. Okay is when you have a minor error.

They had a full on FALL, and got a personal best SP score.

That is a problem. :disapp:

Well, I'm not going to tell you they sucked.......They didn't. They had a fall, it happens in skating.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
PCS should go down with a fall but almost never does, let's be honest here. V/T would've likely scored the same PCS with a fall.

So happy to see that Meagan and Eric pulled out a great SP. Can't wait to watch it later. Good luck for the FS.

Why do people insist on ignoring the actual rules and instead go by the ones they've made up in their own head? It says clearly that TES and PCS are evaluating different things. When you make a tech mistake you are punished in the TES and PCS evaluates how the program is without considering that so as not to punish twice for the same mistake. However it does say that with more than one fall, which starts to affect how the programs comes together that the PCS. PCS is not to be lowered because of multiple falls but as a result of the effect it has on the program.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
But here's the thing. They didn't skate as well today as they did at the Olympics two years ago.

First of all they are the Olympic gold medalist and the skating order is always so cheated: an Olympic champion ALWAYS is the last to skate or at least behind the current world champion, here they were the first of the last group... Also their SP is way better than the Canadians, no way: they haven't the most difficult program content okay, but their elements are better.

I would accept T/M in second place behind the chinese, but the Canadians with that inflated score...

Also how K/F are already out of the competition is unacceptable to me.

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
That's really hilarious:laugh2: actually it is really difficult to translate chemistry into chinese. I'm fluent in both and I can see why she had that response. The best I can come up in these scenario is 情感交流 or 情感表达, if the interpreter put it this way I guess she would definitely give a different answer:luv17: love this girl and also Maxim's teasing:rofl:i
Someone asked how Sui/Han developed their chemistry, translator talks for a while, Sui says something short, translator: Uhh, she just told me they have no chemistry. :laugh:

Maxim is super impressed with Sui/Han, complements D/R's technique. Says competition is more interesting since they came back because the field is so deep. Less concerned about medals now because they have all the ones they want. Also looking to start a family after 2018, maybe

Reporter clarifies to Sui/Han he wasn't talking about romantic chemistry :laugh:, repeats question. Maxim warns Sui "careful, sometimes after press conference families happen" :laugh2:

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Just a personal opinion, I think it is about time that the Chinese Skating Federation pair Cheng Peng up with someone else. The age gap between Cheng and Hao is becoming more and more glaring to me. There are times in the routine when they are performing that I simply cringe. I don't feel that way when I watch Yu/Jin or Wang/Wang, that is because they are close in age and they match each other really well as pairs but Peng/Zhang just cringes me. Peng would look really nice if she is paired with someone her age.

I read in an article somewhere where Hao Zhang said he wants to continue skating to the next 2 Olympics, my immediate reaction was, please..........have some dignity, just retire and coach or something, you have much to give in terms of teaching pairs skating........let the young ones do it.

I think there is no other decent Chinese male partner in pairs at present, and the sport is fully funded by the state, so they cannot retire optionally. Thinking about Pang/Tong, you will see these skaters' fates are not in their own hands.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The competition is not over and any thing can happen tomorrow!
Fyodor and Ksenia twist was not good. Fyodor is little injured, they can still win tomorrow if they skate like GPF.
Tatiana and Maxim had perfect twist but she doubled one of her landings. They had the best compo score! A medal for them any color is good they were away 2 years from competition.
I never look at scores I enjoy good routines. This is a subjective judging sport you should just do your best and forget about judging.
So just enjoy :)
Good luck to Tatiana and Maxim tomorrow :cheer:
And also don't be sad tomorrow free ladies and Russia does good in this event. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And the crowd were kind to both teams too.

Here's the thing: at this event apparently the skating order means everything so basically if you skate in Group 3 before the second canadian pair, at 99% you most probably won't have a chance to stay on the podium.

First of all they are the Olympic gold medalist and the skating order is always so cheated: an Olympic champion ALWAYS is the last to skate or at least behind the current world champion,…

It is? I thought the skate order for the short program always went by ISU ranking points.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm laughing so hard at the drama that's started again in this thread. Now the skate order is a conspiracy too? :laugh2:

@TatiMax, thank you for being such a great fan and member of GS. Even though your favorites are not in first, you're not upset or making ridiculous accusations about unfair judging! I' glad you're enjoying the event and the performances.

TatiMax

On the Ice
Tolstoj: Tatiana and Maxim will skate the last tomorrow. :clap:
So better focus on the future not the past.
this is the sport, one day judging good another day judgin bad this happens because the judging of this sport is subjective. judges are humans so they sometimes make mistakes.
If Ksenia and Fyodor want to bring their A game in free skate they are most likely to be in the podium even more than Tatiana and Maxim because their season best is huge.
There are still many competitions in the future, if Russians are judged strong here this will make them polish their routines for next worlds after a year and next winter Olympics after two years. So it is not all bad.
Relax and Enjoy the routines whatever the results the two teams have spectacular artistic routines :love:

TatiMax

On the Ice
I'm laughing so hard at the drama that's started again in this thread. Now the skate order is a conspiracy too? :laugh2:

@TatiMax, thank you for being such a great fan and member of GS. Even though your favorites are not in first, you're not upset or making ridiculous accusations about unfair judging! I' glad you're enjoying the event and the performances.

The only thing I don't agree is level 3 twist it was huge and deserved top mark, but mistakes do occur and judges are human.
Nothing constructive comes from focus on judging and scores in a subjective sport any way. Just go do your best prove to audience and everyone else what you can do and dont focus on score.
I think the reason some people get very upset is that politics ruins enjoyment of sports. This makes many posters feel their fellow country skater may get attacked because of his nationality so they question all results right or wrong.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In short program ,world ranking determind the group they are going to skate but the order within group is random.

For example in single the top six will skate in last group but no.1 in ranking might skate before no. 4.

I'm complaining that "random"... normally it means nothing: if you skates a performance that deserves the gold, you should receives the scores no matter when you skates, but here i don't know why it seems skaters who skates late receives better scores.