2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 88 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
I think it's amazing how Kaetlyn can train in the West Edmonton Mall. There are so many distractions there and it has to be difficult to stay focused. I haven't been to that Mall in 20 years but, when we were there, it had an Amusement Park, a BIG Water Park, and they played loud music in several of the stores. I guess she must practice when the mall is closed or during slow periods but, I wonder how she feels about it. Does she prefer it to a regular rink where I'm sure there are fewer distractions?

I don't know the answer to your question but what draws me to Kaetlyn is her grit n grace getting to the ice and on the ice. I like that in an athlete and a leader.

singerskates

On the Ice
I think it's amazing how Kaetlyn can train in the West Edmonton Mall. There are so many distractions there and it has to be difficult to stay focused. I haven't been to that Mall in 20 years but, when we were there, it had an Amusement Park, a BIG Water Park, and they played loud music in several of the stores. I guess she must practice when the mall is closed or during slow periods but, I wonder how she feels about it. Does she prefer it to a regular rink where I'm sure there are fewer distractions?
I remember one interview where Katelyn said she loved to have the people watching because she likes doing shows.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't know the answer to your question but what draws me to Kaetlyn is her grit n grace getting to the ice and on the ice. I like that in an athlete and a leader.

My friend ran into Patrick Chan practicing there. They also skate at a less public arena too. My concern is that they stay away fromthe Cinnabon restaurant and Bourbon St which is know for high calorie food, alcohol and fights.

PrincessBeany

Rinkside
My friend ran into Patrick Chan practicing there. They also skate at a less public arena too. My concern is that they stay away fromthe Cinnabon restaurant and Bourbon St which is know for high calorie food, alcohol and fights.

I used to coach CanSkate with the Ice Palace at West Ed. Most evening's the ice is devoted to group classes/learn to skate/figure skate. I think Kaetlyn only skates there 3 or so times a week. And it's generally in the afternoon or weekend mornings. Most of their training is done at another/less public rink in the city.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I used to coach CanSkate with the Ice Palace at West Ed. Most evening's the ice is devoted to group classes/learn to skate/figure skate. I think Kaetlyn only skates there 3 or so times a week. And it's generally in the afternoon or weekend mornings. Most of their training is done at another/less public rink in the city.

You are correct. but I think it is good for the sport and for them sometimes to have the public watching.

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice

I just worry about the risk of collisions.

timmybopper

Spectator
Joanne McLeod was with Alaine in the Four Continents Kiss n Cry today... Is she just subbing for the Canadian team there or...?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Joanne McLeod was with Alaine in the Four Continents Kiss n Cry today... Is she just subbing for the Canadian team there or...?

I think she is subbing in. Michelle Leigh wasn't present with Chloe Ing either so I don't think she made the trip.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Congrats on Carolane and Shane's silver medal at 4CC! It really feels like they came out of nowhere and they've grown on me so much in just the last few months. I was really worried about the state of Canadian ice dance after this quad, but my worries are much abated. The future of Canadian ice dance! :luv17:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Congrats on Carolane and Shane's silver medal at 4CC! It really feels like they came out of nowhere and they've grown on me so much in just the last few months. I was really worried about the state of Canadian ice dance after this quad, but my worries are much abated. The future of Canadian ice dance! :luv17:

I saw them at nationals! They were gorgeous. Great speed and lots of room to grow. :)