2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens FS

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Everybody in this LP comp has higher PCS than TES, most of the differences quite substantial and some huge, except for Nguyen (4) Gorodnistisky(9) and Huber (13). Nguyen has the biggest disparity, thus losing out to Ge and Messing with lower TES.

These judges are very generous in PCS. I expect them to say "Sorry, Patrick, PCS is capped even though we over score everybody else."

The ISU should reduce the PCS scale to balance TES and PCS. :biggrin:

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Well, the true crime on those protocol is looking at Ge's and Messing's PCS. How is that even possible???????
:palmf:

:gaah: Misha's PCS!

Even I am a fan of Yuzuru, his performance today doesn't worth 89.5 of PCS. I can tell by his expression that he is outside of the character of SEIMEI, and jumps that he pop really affect the completeness of the program.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
skylark - I too enjoyed Javi including the Dulcinea section. But I wonder who was the vocalist? Could have been O'Toole from the movie soundtrack? I think the program suits him nicely. IMO the vocal is weak and undermines the power of the program.

You may be right ... but the vocals worked for me. I don't mind a little schmaltz, if I feel the emotion from the skater is genuine.

I don't know who the vocalist was, but I think your guess of O'Toole is a good one, now that I'm thinking back to the quality and tones of the voice.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
https://skatecanada.ca/results/2017-ACI/CSCAN2017_SeniorMen_FS_Scores.pdf

Soooo..... 89.5 points PCS for Hanyu, quite a few 9.00+'s, including one judge giving a 9.50 for Performance (great judging, Kenji Amako! :agree:). 6 out of 8 jumping passes having some sort of error. Including a fall, a pop, and a downgrade. And he gets pretty much 90 PCS. :rolleye:

*waits patiently to see what those who were bashing Osmond's FS PCS and Shoma's Lombardia PCS have to say about this* :popcorn:

Also wondering what those who were bashing Osmond's FS PCS in wake of her errors have to say about Javier getting 92 PCS (including 9.50's for PE) with major errors himself?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Happy for all the medallists!!!
I have to ponder on Keegans jump to Canada as he was floundering in America.. will it affect the outcome at Nationals if all the long standing Canadians, no nation jumpers, skate well. I am sure I will get ripped for this question. But Keegan did not come to Canada just to become a Canadian . It was too get internationals assignments. I find it interesting.

He has to earn those spots just like the other Canadians.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hello all..
i just got home... will take a shower and write reports starting with men....

warning : i am not going to look at protocols nor at what has been written in the thread... you will get my own and personal feeling of the event, as i lived it, through the eyes of a fan who is knowledgeable, meaning that I can recognize jumps and so on... but who is not a former skater... so I have no personal experience as a skater....

my reports will be in each thread, per discipline... extra banter will be added about who i saw up close... (sarahsyncrho... get your weapons of 4everchan mass destruction ready)....

see you in a little bit...

andromache

Record Breaker
Javi should just go back to Malaguena or Black Betty for SP and Sinatra for LP. While his current SP and LP are okay, he clearly need time to grow into them, and if his primary competition is starting off with programs he is 100% comfortable with and that he knows the judges like, Javi should try for that advantage as well.

I also think that the Man of La Mancha music is terrible. Sounds super dated. Javi will do it better than it is now, but it'll still be far from his best. It just doesn't have the potential to be a GREAT program.

andromache

Record Breaker
So we have seen all the OGM contenders compete aside from Boyang. I said it months ago and I'll say it again - the OGM is Shoma's to lose. His jumps aren't always the most pretty, but his programs are A+++++ and historically he is far, far more consistent than Yuzuru or Javier. Of everyone, I'm rooting for Javi the most, but this LP is too bad to win.

aynia

On the Ice
It's only the beginning of the season, not a major competition and definitely not the end of the world. I hope everyone is fine - some falls looked really painful.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I totally missed this and I'm bummed. Since I love both Javi and Yuzuru I'm only sad that Yuzuru had a bad night.
Really pleased about Keegan. I can't say I'm a fan but it's nice to see him succeed.

evasorange

Final Flight
So we have seen all the OGM contenders compete aside from Boyang. I said it months ago and I'll say it again - the OGM is Shoma's to lose. His jumps aren't always the most pretty, but his programs are A+++++ and historically he is far, far more consistent than Yuzuru or Javier. Of everyone, I'm rooting for Javi the most, but this LP is too bad to win.

ugh I hope not Shoma's programs were so boring to me! I know the judges won't think that way but man were they dull...just nothing that made them stand out in any way to me. Maybe they will become more distinct as the season goes on but i have serious doubts. Javi's music does sound a bit dated but he's just so dang charming that it almost doesn't matter. A better costume might help. Guys and Dolls program is his peak tho I will agree with you on that. Seimei as I suspected would seem extra lackluster if Yuzu had a bad performance of it because we've seen it peak two amazing times now. Nathan for sure has the two strongest programs out of anyone from any discipline that I've seen. He is NOT playing around.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Javi should just go back to Malaguena or Black Betty for SP and Sinatra for LP. While his current SP and LP are okay, he clearly need time to grow into them, and if his primary competition is starting off with programs he is 100% comfortable with and that he knows the judges like, Javi should try for that advantage as well.

I also think that the Man of La Mancha music is terrible. Sounds super dated. Javi will do it better than it is now, but it'll still be far from his best. It just doesn't have the potential to be a GREAT program.

Are you insane??? Yes, MORE recycling is just what we need...said noone ever.

I like the music a lot. I'll take "dated but rarely used" over 10,000 LaLa Lands and Moulin Rouges.

andromache

Record Breaker
Are you insane??? Yes, MORE recycling is just what we need...said noone ever.

I like the music a lot. I'll take "dated but rarely used" over 10,000 LaLa Lands and Moulin Rouges.

I was mostly being sarcastic but with a side of serious....as a Javi fan, I get salty seeing people fall all over themselves to praise and defend Yuzu's recycling and high scores while also seeing Javi be held back by programs that aren't the best he's ever had.

La La Land has yet to actually be overused lol. I guess in general though I don't mind warhorses when the skaters and programs are good.

andromache

Record Breaker
ugh I hope not Shoma's programs were so boring to me! I know the judges won't think that way but man were they dull...just nothing that made them stand out in any way to me. Maybe they will become more distinct as the season goes on but i have serious doubts. Javi's music does sound a bit dated but he's just so dang charming that it almost doesn't matter. A better costume might help. Guys and Dolls program is his peak tho I will agree with you on that. Seimei as I suspected would seem extra lackluster if Yuzu had a bad performance of it because we've seen it peak two amazing times now. Nathan for sure has the two strongest programs out of anyone from any discipline that I've seen. He is NOT playing around.

Agree to disagree on Shoma. I wasn't impressed by his programs at all last year but idk man, this year I think he has won me over. Especially with the SP.

Nathan is one of my faves but the hate he gets is OTT so I wasn't going to bring him up. But yeah, his programs are by far the most original, daring, and innovative. His skating skills and transitions might be outclassed though; even if they aren't, he won't get the scores since he's been pegged as a jumper, much like Boyang.