2017 CS Tallinn Trophy Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Tallinn Trophy Ladies SP

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Caroline was something else 😍 I’m no spins expert, but her spins looked fantastic!

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I had to leave early so my solo-posting ended before the last skaters.

What I found weird tho, is that even though I am pretty sure they did not expect a big attendance (especially because the marketing also was 0 and figure skating is not that popular in Estonia anyways) all the main doors where one would expect to get in were closed without any signs where to get in. I've never been to this arena before and was pretty confused and pissed at first that I had to circle around the arena in wind and snow to find one place where I could get inside. But the skaters were divine, so I forgot about all that. :laugh:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
What happened to Angelina over the summer? It's starting to look like she lost her triples - is she injured? :(

cronos27

Rinkside
piensas que ella ya no ama el patinaje?, en su instagram no publica nada hacerca del patinaje, parece que ya no le interesa, o crees que tenga alguna lesion? lamentablemente el video no se puede ver. Angelina es una hermosa patinadora pero parece que desde que tuvo malaos puntajes en el ultimo europeo y mundial ella esta decepcionada

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think that she does not love skating anymore? In her instagram she does not publish anything about skating, it seems that she is not interested anymore, or do you think she has any injury? unfortunately the video can not be seen. Angelina is a beautiful skater but it seems that since she had bad scores in the last European and world she is disappointed

Tutto

Record Breaker
Stanislava absolutely great! She really brought emotion to the arena :luv17:

Many thanks for your live reports! Shame that the event not well organised, I thought there is more interest in FS in Estonia?
Stanislava's posture has been criticised a lot like she skates parallel to the ice and such, what is your impression seeing her live? Thanks is advance.
Head aega!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Do you think that she does not love skating anymore? In her instagram she does not publish anything about skating, it seems that she is not interested anymore, or do you think she has any injury? unfortunately the video can not be seen. Angelina is a beautiful skater but it seems that since she had bad scores in the last European and world she is disappointed

I wonder myself. I haven't seen anything to indicate she was injured. My best guess is a combo of puberty and lack of motivation, and perhaps a coach who doesn't know how to cope with these issues. In any case, something must change if she intends to continue.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Many thanks for your live reports! Shame that the event not well organised, I thought there is more interest in FS in Estonia?
Stanislava's posture has been criticised a lot like she skates parallel to the ice and such, what is your impression seeing her live? Thanks is advance.
Head aega!

I didn't really notice the parallel skating, so must have not bothered me that much. I think she was really good live and the program suits her well. She did bring some energy to the otherwise pretty dull arena.

I think skating is not really popular right now, because we have no really good skaters at this point and for the first time since our independence in 1992 Estonia has no figure skaters qualified for the olympics. They do hold some nice competitions (we had Euros back in the day, Junior Worlds, Challengers, JGP), but it still feels the overall interest is just not there.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I didn't really notice the parallel skating, so must have not bothered me that much. I think she was really good live and the program suits her well. She did bring some energy to the otherwise pretty dull arena.

I think skating is not really popular right now, because we have no really good skaters at this point and for the first time since our independence in 1992 Estonia has no figure skaters qualified for the olympics. They do hold some nice competitions (we had Euros back in the day, Junior Worlds, Challengers, JGP), but it still feels the overall interest is just not there.

It is a pity, because there are some good coaches like Anna Levandi who was a world class skater in her day

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
It is a pity, because there are some good coaches like Anna Levandi who was a world class skater in her day

I really appreciate your knowledge! :agree: She is still coaching and our greatest skaters in recent years have been coached by her. Maybe we are just going through a slump this year, cause our most promising lady Helery Hälvin had to retire just before the olympics due to injury and the other generation hasn't taken over yet.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I really appreciate your knowledge! :agree: She is still coaching and our greatest skaters in recent years have been coached by her. Maybe we are just going through a slump this year, cause our most promising lady Helery Hälvin had to retire just before the olympics due to injury and the other generation hasn't taken over yet.

Oh I didn't know of Helery's injury I thought she's just retired thats a pity, at least she had her 'moment' at Euros when she qualified for FS.