2017 Cup Of China: GP Predictions Game Round 3 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Cup Of China: GP Predictions Game Round 3

Weathergal

Medalist
I won 2 bronze medals, it's very good. But I think there are very many winners, scoring system must be changed for next season.

This is true only about dance. And I would like to keep the system as it is. The reason is to have some positive vibes about yourself after complete bombing the singles prediction.

I agree completely with Samkrut. And sometimes we don't have a lot of medal winners, especially during the bigger competitions later in the season. And if you look at the Hall of Fame, you'll see as the GP predictions game, the Nationals predictions game, and the ISU championship predictions game go into a few rounds, the amount of winners in the running totals gets fewer and fewer. So let us predictors have a nice moment now and then. Also I think people really look forward to and enjoy the predictions games (I know I do!), and sometimes it's nice just to have a medal somewhere when you've had a tough predictions week!

Thanks again to SnowWhite for organizing this game and to all my fellow scorers! :thank:

MalAssada

Medalist
Ice Dance results

Gold medallists, with 75 points: AshWagsFan, blackey, change of edge, Ice Diva, invisiblespiral, lost3iron, MalAssada, mindatwork, Mrs. P, nikki51, NYscorp6, OneFlutzAway, Osmond4gold, Sabrina, semosk8tfan, sunnyyouyang and Tastetherainbow.

Silver medallists, with 70 points: jemmabrie17, Marius and SubRosa.

Bronze medallists, with 65 points: 4everchan, Alisa, Antyv, apgold, Artemisa, CanadianSkaterGuy, CaroLiza_fan, Caustica, corynna, Crossover, CuriousQuip, Daniel1998, desertskates, ejnsofi, Greta, HR4, hydroblader, icellist, jenaj, jiawen2016, JustMe, Kirei, koatcue, KyngRafael, lady_bee, LadyB, lilsailor, lovaticcanada, MaiKatze, mis 751, nekun, Pere, Puchi, randomfan, Roast Toast, [email protected], Sam-Skwantch, SashaJuliaSpins, sequinsgalore, silverfoxes, skatingfan200, SnowWhite, Spirals for Miles, StitchMonkey, sunnystars, tulosai, voolfee, Weathergal, Xorasy and Yataragasu.

P.s, I had to invalidate some predictions because they consisted of (a) only the first letters of the surnames of each couple, (b) only the surname of one skater was written. Please guys, follow the rules, which can be found at https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?66075-2017-Senior-GP-Predictions-Game-(Rules)&p=1804098#post1804098 It is horrible to us to declare invalid your predictions, specially if they are medal-worthy.

If you find any mistake, just PM me.

Say whaaaat? :yahoo:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ladies results

A big round of applause for

GOLD medal winner with a perfect 75 points: Tastetherainbow :hap57:

SILVER with 65 points: Yatagarasu, Sabrina, voolfee, IceDance, Skye, KyngRafael, breynows, Icebethy, sequinsgalore, ejnsofi, LadyB. :cheer:

Bronze with 60 points: Puremagic, decjimmy, Anyasnake, randomfan, alyssamarie, Ylyzbyth, rosacotton, Kirei, Hyena, chapis, CuriousQuip, hydroblader. :rock:

Points will be added to the spreadsheet in due course. If there's something wrong, please DM me and I'll correct any possible mistakes.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Wow two gold medals!!! :cheer:

You are sure on a roll, opposite to me:scowl::laugh:

pls share some tips, especially about singles, because I'm considering writing names in paper and select pieces randomly before NHK;)

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
OMG a silver medal!!!!!! *takes a bow* *and another bow* Is this like fantasy football? But for ice skating? It's addicting.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Pairs Results

GOLD: icetug, MsLiinaLii, SubRosa, 4everchan with 75 points
SILVER: skatingfan200, nekun, Osmond4gold, Alisa, Weathergal, voolfee, Tastetherainbow, StitchMonkey, SnowWhite, Pippuripihvi, Pandicorn, lovaticcanada, icekiwi, Hyena, Debrah, CaroLiza_fan, CanadianSkaterGuy, breynows with 65 points
BRONZE: Sherlock Marple, jenaj, Baron Vladimir, ssffww, selen16angie, NYscorp6, mis751, MaiKatze with 60 points

:hap10:

If there are any mistakes or questions please send me a PM.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
You are sure on a roll, opposite to me:scowl::laugh:

pls share some tips, especially about singles, because I'm considering writing names in paper and select pieces randomly before NHK;)

Sometimes, if I really don't know what to predict, a randomizer is a really good choice. I will doit for the next rounds, considering my bad results too far

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Last year, I agonized with charts and this year I am just winging it. And so far I have medaled at least once each week. Remember when the teacher told you not to over think? and go with your first instincts? Good advice for this game!!!:biggrin:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Bronze in ladies! And silver in pairs! After two disastrous weeks for me. I swear this game is harder this year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Because I'm a terribly smug jerk, I just went back through the thread and counted two seperate statistics that were considered "surprise" results.

First, Max beating Zhou. I counted 21 people who predicted that correctly, which is a very low percentage of overall players. Everyone else assumed that Zhou would beat him. I saw some rather low predictions, too (though possibly nothing beats CaroLiza_fan not only predicting Max to finish 8th, but to finish behind Grant as well.) :drama:

Second, Max on the podium. Only three people in the whole game predicted this. Take a bow and thanks for your faith in Snugglebat, StitchMonkey, MalAssada, and slider11!!! :yay:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree completely with Samkrut. And sometimes we don't have a lot of medal winners, especially during the bigger competitions later in the season. And if you look at the Hall of Fame, you'll see as the GP predictions game, the Nationals predictions game, and the ISU championship predictions game go into a few rounds, the amount of winners in the running totals gets fewer and fewer. So let us predictors have a nice moment now and then. Also I think people really look forward to and enjoy the predictions games (I know I do!), and sometimes it's nice just to have a medal somewhere when you've had a tough predictions week!

Thanks again to SnowWhite for organizing this game and to all my fellow scorers! :thank:

While I'm probably a little biased toward the current scoring system since I had a hand in forming it, I also agree. This isn't meant to be life or death, at the end of the day it's a game and meant to be fun, and it's fun to medal even if quite a few people do. additionally, as total scores in the disciplines and overall are cumulative, as Weathergal points out over time you'll see fewer and fewer people are at the very top overall and even in each discipline, even if most people do medal at least occasionally. For instance, out of 163 players now, only about 14 have total scores over 600. The division will increase as the second half of the game plays out.

Additionally, as someone who's also scored A LOT in the past, the system has the advantage of being relatively simple for the scorers to implement and for everyone on the board to understand, which I think shouldn't be underestimated.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
First, Max beating Zhou. I counted 21 people who predicted that correctly, which is a very low percentage of overall players. Everyone else assumed that Zhou would beat him. I saw some rather low predictions, too (though possibly nothing beats CaroLiza_fan not only predicting Max to finish 8th, but to finish behind Grant as well.) :drama:

Sorry about that. It was nothing personal against Max (I like him). I just put my faith in other places. The wrong places :slink:

As I said at the time:

any of the guys (apart from maybe the Chinese guy I put at the bottom) could creep into the Top 5.

I knew who I was putting as my Top 4. But, it was a tough decision as to who to have completing my Top 5 between the 3 Americans and Tanaka. Based on what he did in Juniors last season, I thought Vincent had the best shot.

But, for the other 3, I hadn't a clue what order to put them in. So, I went for my default position of "pick the Japanese", and then opted for Grant in the hope that he would re-gain the form he had a couple of years ago. And Max was just the innocent guy who suffered as a result.

I'll know better next time! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan