2017 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Ladies FS

carmina

On the Ice
because this act has become arrogant to someone since the overscoring makes her look like she is the best skater and judges allow her to show off by "breaking the rules" yet she still wins despite receiving a small penalty. This is clear favouring and spoiling from the judges

she get !and a rep even with them she is way better than everyone... so it bothers you? sorry but looks like you just have to deal with it

and I have wonderful evening by watching her

madison

Record Breaker
To me Anna and Carolina are similar in PCS, maybe Carolina slightly better because has better facial expression.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Why is everyone talking about Evgenia's extra 3T? She has done it, she was penalized by REP. It's her risk, not ours to have done so.

Can't we talk about how awesome Laurine was today instead? :luv17:

yuki

Final Flight
she is just human and having a moment
she is teenager for God's sake!

I don't have any issue with her expressing joy in general.
However, in this particular program, with this particular theme, it's beyond inappropriate. She should have been marked down in IN at the very least.

carmina

On the Ice
I don't have any issue with her expressing joy in general.
However, in this particular program, with this particular theme, it's beyond inappropriate. She should have been marked down in IN at the very least.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Maybe Anna Tsareva will try to ice-queen-stare her down. :p

I, for one, will be rooting for her... slayyyy, showboat, do 5x triple toes -- force the ISU to have meetings to change the rules because of you -- show them all you're the damn ka-weeen.

In my perfect Olympics, Evgenia learns to do a backflip and does it at the very end of her 7-triple (plus 3 extra triple toes) program and gets deducted for an illegal move, takes her sweet time with her final poses to get a time violation, and rips a glove off and drops it on the ice, not caring about the costume deduction.... and still wins by 10 points. :love:

All set to a future signature program about Russia interfering with the American election complete with Putin and Trump miming. Nothing is off limits for Averbukh!

Miller

Final Flight
Why is everyone talking about Evgenia's extra 3T? She has done it, she was penalized by REP. It's her risk, not ours to have done so.

Bet she didn't even know it was a penalty, probably thought it was just a 3rd 3T like in Nationals and so just no points. p.s. Laurine was wonderful, Loena very promising (what is it with Belgian families c.f. Borlee brothers), plus Emmi Peltonen v.g. also.

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Honestly neutral about the 3T, but to those of you who are saying it, I don't get how tacking on an invalid jump is pushing the sport.

Last edited:

DannyCurry

On the Ice

Laurine was so awesome tonight !!

(I do wonder though, like British Eurosport commentators, if the half loop before the salchow should have been called, which would have made it a fourth combo. Can't complain it wasn't considered a combo.) Either way, TERRIFIC skate !

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
All set to a future signature program about Russia interfering with the American election complete with Putin and Trump miming. Nothing is off limits for Averbukh!

Costume change for the two roles! Throwing away the blond wig for a deduction.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Laurine was so awesome tonight !!

(I do wonder though, like British Eurosport commentators, if the half loop before the salchow should have been called, which would have made it a fourth combo. Can't complain it wasn't considered a combo.) Either way, TERRIFIC skate !

I loved her! And her program is choreographed by my personal favorite, Fabian Bourzat! :luv17:

However, I did watch her program without commentary and I too thought she popped a loop and was surprised she did her other combo. Maybe the tech panel saw it as a transition instead? Hopefully there isn't some shady shenanigans like after the short dance again.

whatif

Medalist
:unsure:
Today, yes. But usually she is a very expressive and artistic skater

yes she is expressive, but kind of clunky, IMO.

And while the programmes are much more to the taste of some figure skating snobs on these boards, they still lack transitions. Way too much crossovers and stroking around. Because of those not so little things, she needs to skate lights out to even get close to Medvedeva whose programmes maybe "horrible" to some but much more clever and exploit the system and judges more effectively.

andromache

Record Breaker
she said program is about - send someone you love out there then never now if she/ he ever came back... so maybe this time it was a good news -who knows

she is having fun so what? I thing she allowed to be happy

Of course she's allowed to be happy. But it's bad interpretation to show that DURING the program and should be dinged appropriately. (There was a lot of smiling before the very end btw, so your excuse doesn't work.)

Is it impossible for some people to admit that Evgenia has flaws to her otherwise excellent performances?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Is it impossible for some people to admit that Evgenia has flaws to her otherwise excellent performances?

Maybe some folks just want to enjoy the top skaters & performances at this event, rather than rip into any little flaws they can find and litter the thread with more negativity? Or is that impossible? :confused:

andromache

Record Breaker
Maybe some folks just want to enjoy the top skaters & performances at this event, rather than rip into any little flaws they can find and litter the thread with more negativity? Or is that impossible? :confused:

I don't care that she did it; I care that the judges didn't care. All of the hate that other skaters get for their OTT of stone-faced interpretation, and when Evgenia's usually stellar interpretation is off, no one cares. The judges don't care.

I've always been an advocate for Evgenia's enormous technical and artistic talent, but it's becoming more and more clear that no matter what she does, she will receive 9s and 10s in PCS. Skaters like Anna, who are Evgenia's equal or close to it, don't even have a chance. It is starting to feel less and less like a sport.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Is it impossible for you to admit you are biased against her because of a program that she neither created nor chose?

Direct your wrath at Averbukh. Not at Evgenia, who has an interpretation of the music that has nothing to do with 9/11 at all.