2017 Four Continents Men FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men FS

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
My dream podium, Chen, Chan, Jin. I confess subconsciously I like the stereotypical manly/masculine style in man's skating.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just noticed this and remembered, but at Nationals Mark did not skate his Thrift Shop FS. It was a ballad of some kind. Not sure if that was a permanent program change.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm just excited because I'll actually be able to watch the last two groups live because NBCSN is FINALLY showing some of the event live.

da96103

Record Breaker
The Asian way of greeting people is to ask: Have you eaten? (as opposed to How are you? or Wassup?)

So greetings to all goldenskaters!

Australians, have you taken lunch?

Asian people, have you had your breakfast?

Europeans, have you taken your zombie coffees?

North Americans, have you eaten your dinner?

KatGrace1925

Medalist
The Peter and the Wolf?

Yeah, that program and the interview at 2010 nationals were fun to see at nationals, but now they've got a commercial for teamUSA centered around it and it on every commercial break. They're going to run that into the ground before the olympic season begins.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Asian way of greeting people is to ask: Have you eaten? (as opposed to How are you? or Wassup?)

So greetings to all goldenskaters!

Australians, have you taken lunch?

Yes, I have eaten my lunch, thankyou. Have you had your breakfast? :yes:

(Although, aren't you more in lunch time?)

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yeah, that program and the interview at 2010 nationals were fun to see at nationals, but now they've got a commercial for teamUSA centered around it and it on every commercial break. They're going to run that into the ground before the olympic season begins.

I feel like most people who don't watch skating regularly are still going to be clueless about who he is even with the commercial airing every 5 seconds.

Yes, I have eaten my lunch, thankyou. Have you had your breakfast? :yes:

(Although, aren't you more in lunch time?)

You were right the first time, I think, lol. It's just before 10 AM in Malaysia.

(Meanwhile it's almost 9 PM Saturday Eastern US time and I probably should eat dinner at some point)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The announcers are giving a nice little lesson on men's skating, elements, what a low/good/great score is. Cool