2017 GP Internationaux de France Pairs FS | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Pairs FS

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nah, they give medals every 2 years, so it will compensate cause the french medals were TINY last time we saw it.

Hopefully they’ll yoink this event from France next season and give it to a country that actually gives a you-know-what about hosting a senior level international competition.

Ender

Match Penalty
It seems CAN is allowed to do well in the non Olympic seasons but when it comes to the Olympics the favorite countries move to the top! And this is not just in Pairs but at this point the only Olympic Medal I can see CAN getting is V/M silver in Dance, and the team bronze medal.
Canada will get that team gold. I have no doubt.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Nah, better, you know that cartoons about a gamer and his gf?
That looks so much like that... The guy is busy with something and clearly has no time for the annoying lady. The girl is trying to look sexy, but actually looks really awkward instead

Yes.. he needs to look like he's buying what she's selling. Otherwise why would anyone else buy it?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It seems CAN is allowed to do well in the non Olympic seasons but when it comes to the Olympics the favorite countries move to the top! And this is not just in Pairs but at this point the only Olympic Medal I can see CAN getting is V/M silver in Dance, and the team bronze medal.

Team Canada is more than safe for silver, but they're unlikely for gold. Russia now has 2 pairs who can outscore every Canadian pair, the women need no explanation, ice dance is where Canada gains some points back (only if Tessa & Scott do both programs) but it's not much, and men... it was already dicey with a Patrick in top shape but at the moment he hasn't even returned to training.

Individually: ice dance seems to favor the French and pairs... it's a toss-up; I don't think it's likely for Duhamel & Radford to win, but it's not out of the question or even to medal. Osmond will medal if she's clean but she hasn't ever done it; even doing what she did at Worlds with 6 triples won't be enough this year. Men... I don't think Patrick will medal.

Sackie

Medalist
I can see them falling to 3rd unless our top skaters in each group are willing to skate both portions and then maybe lose out on a possible individual medal. Osmond is showing that she is not capable of putting together two greta back to back skates let along having to do 4 back to back programs. And Daleman has been struggling this season. In Pairs we were showing promise with our 2-4th place teams but so far this season they too have fallen short. And in Dance - well V/M are the only ones that have performed up to expectations. Both W/P and G/P have fallen behind a lower ranked RUS team. So if one of them has to skate the short or free they can and probably will be beaten by the 2nd ranked RUS and USA teams.

Ender

Match Penalty
Canada is over ten points from bronze. Patrick and Kaetlyn would have to fall a lot to lose silver.
Well they’re not stable though. But if they hold it together they can make it. Olympic hasn’t happened.

cleo2070

Final Flight
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

They didn’t even bother ordering different colors! Their all gold stars! Plus they still have the disco podiums and no flags! :laugh2: whew... I needed a good laugh!

Actually, the ladies all got pink stars... guess they're relying on the size to tell them apart :D

Bcash

Final Flight
I/M still has the most easily likeable FS just as last season. As Tracy Wilson said, musically superb. Is there any chance they can get at least one set of clean SBS jumps at the Olympics? (Wait, how good are their chances of getting on that Olympic team now that they failed to medal at their GPs?)

gold12345

Medalist
I/M still has the most easily likeable FS just as last season. As Tracy Wilson said, musically superb. Is there any chance they can get at least one set of clean SBS jumps at the Olympics? (Wait, how good are their chances of getting on that Olympic team now that they failed to medal at their GPs?)

The lack of medal isn't as important as the score-- I/M's score in the 190s here helps them because it's very similar to what Seguin/Bilodeau and Moore-Towers/Moscovitch have scored recently. And they are counting more mistakes than those other teams, so you could say their scoring potential is higher. Plus they do have a stronger result from Worlds. Canada is in a tough position with this decision.

diane044

Rinkside

Unfortunately that's happened before. Canadian pairs skaters Brasseur and Eisler were the 1993 World gold medalists but only? took bronze at 1994 Olympics.