2017 GP NHK Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Mens SP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is Sergei looking this year? He always seems to have something nice very to offer. I think it was Skate America last season where he had an amazing FS.

This will be a fun event. Hoping for clean skates for this über cool lineup.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
How is Sergei looking this year? He always seems to have something nice very to offer. I think it was Skate America last season where he had an amazing FS.

Sergei got a new PB in the FS at the Minsk Challenger Series competition: http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2017_CS/CSBLR2017_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

I hope he does great here. I always have a soft spot for the guy.

I think the podium is pretty open aside from Hanyu, though I think there are a few guys who have better odds of getting on it.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Did a couple judges miss their flight or something? :p

BTW I plan on making up my 5pt deficit to you in the predictions game during the men’s event :devil:

Wow, Sam, I didn't realize I was such a motivator to you in the Predications Game. It's kind of flattering!

And if you make up those five points in men, I won't be surprised. Cause at this rate, I can see Jason finishing 2nd or 8th equally as likely given the voodoo of this event for him.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes, he was the wonderful peacock. Japanese men take their costuming very seriously.

agree - we can debate on taste level and personal preference, but their costume game is always fierce: feathers, embroidery, colours, finishing, ruffles, illusions. I'm still in awe over some of Daisuke Takahashi's costumes when I re-watch his performances...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yuzuru seems to have sustained an injury during practice. Let's hope everything is alright and he is able to compete tomorrow! *fingerscrossed* :pray:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Yuzuru seems to have sustained an injury during practice. Let's hope everything is alright and he is able to compete tomorrow! *fingerscrossed* :pray:

Fingers crossed right along with you! Go Yuzu!

LadyB

Record Breaker

I hope he does great here. I always have a soft spot for the guy.

I'm totally with you, guys! So far, Sergei's been definitely in fighting mood, and so he should be. He has as much a chance as anyone and he's well up for competition. Come on, Sergei! :cheer2:
I'm also looking forward to Dima Aliev and Yuzu's Seimei. When he did that at NHK in 2015... I'll never forget!
However, he sustained an inury. Blimey, who has cursed Team Orser this season :eeking: Well, better now than later.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I hope Jason and Adam skate well here. I think they'll be fighting for the last spot on the Olympic Team as I expect Nathan, and Max to get 2 of the 3 spots......

moriel

Record Breaker
I hope Yuzu will have the strength to sit this out if he is actually injured, and only skates if he is entirely healthy.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I just realised that I'm going to be busy at the exact time Deniss is skating noooo!!! :cry:
Good luck sweet prince! :luv17: please let him land everything I just want him to be happy :pray::pray::pray: