2017 GP Skate America GALA | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America GALA

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Yup that is what he said. Flies falling out of the rafters and an Exterminator????

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Ah, Gabrielle. Even when she fails in her FS, there's always this exhibition piece to warm my heart.

moriel

Record Breaker
Yeah this GP deserves a plastic star.
Dead flies and the most well groomed ice monster i ever seen.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Look, cameraman. The same style of shooting that works for single skaters just doesn't for synchro. YOU NEED TO ZOOM OUT SO WE CAN SEE THE PATTERNS

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Ross is like... he's like the guy who has a completely normal job like bank teller or web designer or something, who you think is a totally average normal guy, only then you discover he's got this moonlighting career as a stellar performer. I'm trying to come up with a cheesy cliche plot where, like, the rude bully villain is mocking him for being boring, (and they're already wearing figure skates on an ice rink, b/c of reasons) only for Ross to suddenly surprise everyone by throwing down for a Quad Battle, and then Ross wins and everyone cheers. I don't know what I'm talking about. Ross just seems like such a normal guy who skates so well because he loves it and it's a fun hobby, not because he's some kind of uber competitive athlete. I love it.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Announcer: We're standing by with a clock...oh, we have a clock on the board? NM

:palmf:

...okay, the kid is pretty adorable

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Remind me again why synchronized skating isn't in the Olympics?

I like it a lot. But every time I watch some, I always get the overwhelming feeling that it's still a developing sport very much in its early days. I feel like the sport hasn't really yet scratched on the door of what is truly possible with patterns and lifts and overall more impressive technical content. I don't actually know anything, really, about the rules or possibilities, but I wouldn't say it's really "ready" for an olympic stage at this point.