2017 GP Skate Canada TV & Livestreams | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada TV & Livestreams

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It doesn't make sense! Don't they have the rights for the whole GP series and all figure skating? :bang:

No, TSN/CTV has the rights for the Skate Canada International (and the Canadian Nationals) since the 2011-2012 season.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Icenetwork Schedule
http://web.Disneyworld.com/schedule/2017/10/2017_skate_canada

[h=2]SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)[/h]
10/27/2017 2:57pmLadies Short Program
10/27/2017 4:50pmShort Dance
10/27/2017 7:57pmMen's Short Program
10/27/2017 9:48pmPairs Short Program
10/28/2017 1:04pmLadies Free Skate
10/28/2017 3:13pmFree Dance
10/28/2017 6:50pmMen's Free Skate
10/28/2017 9:05pmPairs Free Skate

Thanks, Doris! I can see the ladies at times I am actually awake in Spokane. I wonder what the delay is from live to "on demand"? Seems like it was pretty short for Russia.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Skate Canada had signed a 10-year contract with CTV/TSN granting them rights for broadcasting ISU competitions HELD WITHIN Canada.
And, CTV/TSN is also responsible for the ridiculous competition schedule of the Canadian Nationals.

Miller

Final Flight
There is still time...! I'm betting streams will appear in the schedules, closer to the event...

We may be in luck, unless I'm misunderstanding something. Just looked at UK Eurosport player schedule and has pairs sp + lp in middle of night UK time. Also men's, but out by a day... - sp early hours of Friday morning according to them, ditto LP, but the fact they've got them there looks pretty promising.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We may be in luck, unless I'm misunderstanding something. Just looked at UK Eurosport player schedule and has pairs sp + lp in middle of night UK time. Also men's, but out by a day... - sp early hours of Friday morning according to them, ditto LP, but the fact they've got them there looks pretty promising.

I thought it was strange that when I came to do the Danish version they were showing so much more than the versions I did yesterday.

So, in other words, I have to go back re-do the versions I did yesterday. :drama: :mad:

Could they not just have got it right from the start?!

Or, did my rant when I cancelled my Eurosport Player subscription last night maybe make some difference... :think:

Nah, I doubt it! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm very confused by the times they have listed in the Player. Because the Men's short for example is not on the (European) Night of Thursday to Friday, but in the Night of Friday to Saturday. So these dates cannot be correct. So before I do the happy dance....I'm rather subdued about it all.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm very confused by the times they have listed in the Player. Because the Men's short for example is not on the (European) Night of Thursday to Friday, but in the Night of Friday to Saturday. So these dates cannot be correct. So before I do the happy dance....I'm rather subdued about it all.
I only had a very quick look while at work, and I think they're all okay except Men's SP and FS, which are indeed listed just a day too early. I'm not worried, I'm positive it'll get fixed at some point. But always a good idea to keep an eye on it, just in case.
I still can't believe they only came up with listing the stream now. Definitely something to bear in mind for the upcoming weeks, too...

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
So disappointing that Match TV is not going to show Skate Canada. In previous seasons I always relied on it and sportbox.ru + VPN to watch all the GP events. Unfortunately I couldn't and can't watch everything live. I got Eurosport Player again now, so at least I will be able to watch some of it live Sunday night (as Saturday's free skates are at that time for me), although not Saturday night, because I am working on Saturday and have to rise early.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I only had a very quick look while at work, and I think they're all okay except Men's SP and FS, which are indeed listed just a day too early. I'm not worried, I'm positive it'll get fixed at some point. But always a good idea to keep an eye on it, just in case.
I still can't believe they only came up with listing the stream now. Definitely something to bear in mind for the upcoming weeks, too...

Better than that, when I was finishing off my TV schedule post this morning, I was still finding changes even to the schedules that I had updated yesterday.

How are you supposed to plan for anything when the schedules change on 3 consecutive days?!

This is getting beyond ridiculous. They need to sort this mess out once and for all by launching more channels, and pronto!

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I did not include Eurosport Russia's schedules this time, as it was far too complicated to work out the times. This was due to the Eurosport Player website automatically showing everything in my local time, and the way the time is changing here on Sunday, but not there (Russia doesn't use Daylight Savings Time).

viennaskater

Medalist

The Men's Short would indeed be during the night of Friday to Saturday, because Europe is 8 hours ahead. Therefore when it's on at 6pm on Friday in Canada, it's on at 2am on Saturday morning in Europe.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Actually there is a certain irony that the only GP event I will not see because lack of a stream will be the men's/pairs short of Skate Canada because I do not have tsn 2.

For those who may not understand why that is so vexing: Normal cable packages in my area include TSN 1, 3, 4 and 5 as well as the main TSN station. To get TSN 2 I'd have to reconfigure my entire package and it would cost me about 10$ more a month and I would lose 7 stations that I already have in the trade (like the Food Network for example-I live with a foodie so that's a no-go). So I can watch the ladies and dance short, Free Dance, ladies long and I think the men's long but I'm not sure about the pairs free yet on TV with of course their arbitrary decisions on what to show and what not to show. I'm disappointed about the Match thing. I was sort of hoping to watch what I couldn't watch on TV on Match. *sigh* Last year Daily Motion was showing some of the nationals stuff but I don't think they are showing any of Skate Canada.

I'll stick my head in and see if Auser has a stream for men's and pairs but I'm not hopeful. I wish CBC had the rights to all of the GP season. Such a scattershot approach TSN has.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Rohene and Kori at the boards for Laurine. Always happy to see. Looks like a lasting thing now. I am using a VPN but is it unblocked yet? It is supposed to be.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
combo landed but three turn in between... might have been a double triple though.

marking the step sequence it looks like

good triple loop (my eye cant really spot URs in real time)

wonky landing on her 2A followed by a shrug and coach chat.

Honestly not bad... id say im encouraged.

My better half's contribution "She looks reallllly good in that" :rofl: and she does, she is lovely.

Maria is not here.