2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Short Program

tjb

Match Penalty
the judges was really picky on yelim kim, such a shame:palmf:
and i don't think that konstantinova deserved higher PCS than tessa. not even with clean skate. and almost the highest juniors PCS ever for that mess of a skate, it's just something else.
yes, i hate the girl and i don't want her to stole a grand prix spot from my baby alyona, but let's be fair. she doesn't deserve to be on the podium here, and with this kind of judgement she might end up on a 2nd place

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
and i don't think that konstantinova deserved higher PCS than tessa. not even with clean skate. and almost the highest juniors PCS ever for that mess of a skate, it's just something else.
yes, i hate the girl and i don't want her to stole a grand prix spot from my baby alyona, but let's be fair. she doesn't deserve to be on the podium here, and with this kind of judgement she might end up on a 2nd place

:console:

Nana is coming. She could help you. If she will keep the second place - the door is open for Alena. I doubt that rusfed let Stasya with even third place get the second spot for JGP.

Myslitel

On the Ice

I think that tomorrow Stasya will not only not rise above, on 2nd place, but even will be thrown off the podium.

tjb

Match Penalty
I think that tomorrow Stasya will not only not rise above, on 2nd place, but even will be thrown off the podium.

i'm not so sure. unlike fedichkina she is able to skate a clean long program. but i'm hoping for the best.
go yelim kim and nana!:pray:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Okay rewatched some of the skaters:

Tessa Hong -> Beautiful spins (especially the first one and well deserved those +3 in the GOE), steps sequence a little empty and there was also a stumble at the beginning, facial expressions are a little fake but still better than the stoneface. I would have probably put her just in front of Stanislava (less than a point), because she didn't fall.

Ye Lim Kim -> good jumping technique, the 3T was borderline UR i wouldn't call it but it depends by the judges (also the final layback spin looked level 4 to me): the presentation was terrible though, little empty or even messy at times. Maybe slightly underscored but not by much.

Ji Hun To -> mistakes on both the combo and the lutz unfortunately, but to me she was underscored in the second mark (i thought she was good, 25+ worthy): a little harsh giving her those 4.25 and 4.75 in the skating skills, transitions and performance.

Anyway i did notice that backloaded programs are no longer Eteri/Sergei's exclusive :laugh:

tars

Record Breaker
Yelim was disappointing, especially the program, but performance as well.

Stasya would have got ~66 and personal best if not a fall. It's a good program and her new look is gorgeous. :love:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I watched leaders' programs.

Alexandra has improved since Brisbane and her score is fully deserved. It's still 1 point short of Zagitova's record. And she can improve. Her first sit spin was shaky towards the end. She skated overall more reserved and self-conscious in the first half before the combo. I saw the same pattern in Australia. After she nailed the jumps she became faster and more relaxed. It was one amazing skating then.

Nana Araki has a very nice attitude and very lively program. This together with her normal knee on landing and a huge lutz make her a Japanese junior that I would be happy to see again and again.

Stasya could be a big hit. I simply enjoyed how she skated - fast, mature, beautiful. But unless she skates a clean long that's it for her. She just cannot make mistakes on her jumps in every single program. It's not the way to achieve the dream at least not in the current Russian lady FS.

Tessa Hong is wonderful. Her spins, her feeling the music - time flew like a second watching her. There's something different about her I would even say something "eery". Still, what a skater!

4 bright short programs of bright juniors. The field is quite good here.

Yelim Kim. Well, I think although she was unhappy her score is deserved. Yes, she did the jumps. But her skating is not there yet. She reminds me of Boyang when he was a junior. He improved quite a bit since then, hence, I am sure she will develop as well. So far Eusoon Lim is a much more overall developed skater.

Art&Sport

Medalist
At her age, why is Alexandra Trusova skating to Hey, Big Spender! ? Just No! :noshake:

But oh well, :eek:hwell: I guess she's auditioning to make it in the big-time of senior ladies teeny-bop Lolita-land. :palmf:

Another Lipnitskaya being gobbled up by the figure skating adult world.

At least Steph Konstantinova looks more mature, but what's with these hot showgirl routines for teenagers? Even the number Nana Araki skated to! My God, those lyrics. Geesh, can't they come up with more age-appropriate music???

I'll take Tessa Hong's music, talent, and packaging any day over the girls who landed in front of her (although Araki is very talented and fun to watch). Seemingly, if Tessa Hong was Russian, she'd have had a better shot at first place.

Sofiia Nesterova of Ukraine had nice music, and she skates very well. She's lovely, but unfortunately she seems as if she's trying to channel Medvedeva's mini-me.

tjb

Match Penalty
Alexandra has improved since Brisbane and her score is fully deserved. It's still 1 point short of Zagitova's record. And she can improve. Her first sit spin was shaky towards the end. She skated overall more reserved and self-conscious in the first half before the combo. I saw the same pattern in Australia. After she nailed the jumps she became faster and more relaxed. It was one amazing skating then.

she lost to alina only in PCS, the TES record for juniors short now belongs to sasha. altough she had an advantage, because alina had a 3Lo as a required solo jump and +3Lo combo was impossible.

I'll take Tessa Hong's music, talent, and packaging any day over the girls who landed in front of her (although Araki is very talented and fun to watch). Seemingly, if Tessa Hong was Russian, she'd have had a better shot at first place.
if tessa hong was russian, she'd never been able to qualify for russian juniors nationals. if she wants to going places she needs to learn how to rotate her jumps. she can't fully rotate anything.
all her "packaging" belongs to ice dance and not to singles skating.
based on her previous perfomances, i can predict 6 to 7 UR calls in her free skate.

Art&Sport

Medalist
if tessa hong was russian, she'd never been able to qualify for russian juniors nationals. if she wants to going places she needs to learn how to rotate her jumps. she can't fully rotate anything.
all her "packaging" belongs to ice dance and not to singles skating.
based on her previous perfomances, i can predict 6 to 7 UR calls in her free skate.

Yep, when there's nothing else to dun U.S. ladies for, labeling them as chronic under-rotators is the going thing (especially in order to manipulate scoring). Even if they have a slight issue on some occasions, it then gets overblown (just as with Mirai getting dinged on a bunch of URs recently where a number of the calls were questionable; the politic-mongers must find some way to counteract her boffo 3-axel).

Sure the most important thing for rushing out the new factory-line of prepubescent Russian phenoms is making sure they know how to rotate, rotate, rotate. That's so important in figure skating, cuz high PCS gets thrown in for free. :rolleye:

An authentic ability to express the music should be rewarded. Just as should young teenage girls NOT be dressed up like ladies of the night and sent out on the ice to skate to music with suggestive lyrics.

thegreendestiny

On the Ice
An authentic ability to express the music should be rewarded. Just as should young teenage girls NOT be dressed up like ladies of the night and sent out on the ice to skate to music with suggestive lyrics.

Lol, and Tessa Hong is supposed to be "authentic"? Her entire packaging, including her smile looked like it came from an assembly line. I don't think having Frank Carroll as her coach helps her "authentic" image as well.

:palmf:

tjb

Match Penalty
Yep, when there's nothing else to dun U.S. ladies for, labeling them as chronic under-rotators is the going thing (especially in order to manipulate scoring). Even if they have a slight issue on some occasions, it then gets overblown (just as with Mirai getting dinged on a bunch of URs recently where a number of the calls were questionable; the politic-mongers must find some way to counteract her boffo 3-axel).

Sure the most important thing for rushing out the new factory-line of prepubescent Russian phenoms is making sure they know how to rotate, rotate, rotate. That's so important in figure skating, cuz high PCS gets thrown in for free. :rolleye:

figure skating is a sport, so the technique is the most important thing for sure.
and unlike the ability to make corny faces and waving the arms to the music, which is really not so hard to master, technique can be judged objectivly.
also i find it quite funny that in the same text, where you making complaints about PCS, you mentions mirai. who is the most bland and non artistic skater ever, and literally just skates around in her programs, without any choreography.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Maybe you need to realize that the technical aspects aren't something that anyone can do. Trusova's base value is incredibly high for both of her programs.

Obviously her performing isn't quite there overall, but for a 13-year-old she actually compares quite favorably in this regard overall. Someone with no expression and who's the definition of just going through the motions with zero emotion is Tessa Hong, by the way.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
After she nailed the jumps she became faster and more relaxed. It was one amazing skating then.

I think that was just because she lost a bit synchronization with the music and was in a hurry to change this. In Brisbane she was more accurate, but in Minsk she looked more fresher.

Ender

Match Penalty
Even with not perfect landing, she did rippon 3Lz right into transition. And then transition, into 2A, right into FSS. She should get all 1s for both jumping passes. Not sure why Layback is not Level 4 lol I also think that they went a bit too harsh on PCS but it's like that she deserves more *sigh* Underscored overall in my opinion. 3T looks totally clean for me.
3F3T was UR clear in slow motion. I would call that 3lz UR as well.

Ender

Match Penalty
That girl Nana Akari has pure toe pick tap in the lutz, it's very rare these days among ladies.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yes, i hate the girl
yeah its pretty evident
:palmf:

Stasya would have got ~66 and personal best if not a fall. It's a good program and her new look is gorgeous.
yeah gorgeous look!
+ yeah she really needs a clean FS
She cant afford falls :slink::sad21: