2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Short Program

lanark

On the Ice
The combo didn't look UR at all for me but I guess we need to wait for protocols to check what's going on. Step sequence was messy indeed.

She looked without energy today. I hope she does better on the LP.

I think she had trouble with her lutz. It was not her best, definetely.
She can jump way better than what she did today.

Anyway, congratutations to all the girls! :luv17:

Kara

Final Flight
I call it the Trusova effect. She skates in such an earlier group that everyone else's scores feel lower than what I'm expecting them to get.:laugh:

frida80

Record Breaker
Stanislava needs a silver to get a second JGP, so I hope she kicks butt in the long. That 3Lz was huge. Plus a lot of personality. She got the highest PCS of the day. Not perfect, but she's still in the mix.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Protocols are up.

Well, at least if you change the URL from teh dance one.

Interesting details:

- Stanislava got her 3T in her combo that she fell on downgraded.
- Tessa had two URs (3T and 3Lz)
- Ye Lim got a ! edge call on her 3F and a UR on her 3T.
- I just realized Sofiia Nesterova of UKR is 7th, good for her!
- And Selma Ihr of SWE is 9th!
- Mariami of GEO got a time violation, oh no!

breadstal

Record Breaker
I really don't agree with Yelim's scoring :disapp: I need to rewatch the program but I'm really suprised by the GOEs and levels (other than StSq).

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I saw some improvements from Stasya.

The 2a looks better this season, she's still a great presence on the ice (deserved the highest components despite i didn't like the music cuts), however considering her situation i wouldn't backload the combo.

Third place but she can still fight for the silver, but there is also the risk to miss the podium.

Kara

Final Flight
The tech panel going all over everyone today.:laugh: Good to let them know early though what they need to work on. I missed this in Lombardia and Riga.

lanark

On the Ice
Stanislava needs a silver to get a second JGP, so I hope she kicks butt in the long. That 3Lz was huge. Plus a lot of personality. She got the highest PCS of the day. Not perfect, but she's still in the mix.

I was expecting her to get highest PCS, she's older than the other girls. And imo, a lot of the expression, interpretation, SS, comes with the age.

Overall, I think the scores were correct.
I don't see anyone catching Trusova, technically. She will probably be our Junior Champ! :love:

I'm so curious to see how they all will evolve... :D

And about huge 3Lz, for me the biggest was Araki's. Really nice jumps, amazing height!

Kara

Final Flight
I really don't agree with Yelim's scoring :disapp: I need to rewatch the program but I'm really suprised by the GOEs and levels (other than StSq).

I can see why they would call the 3T because the combo itself had to kind of curve for the corner, but I think it was a bit harsh.:/ Don't agree with level 3 for the layback but the GOE are within my expectations for that performance.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I call it the Trusova effect. She skates in such an earlier group that everyone else's scores feel lower than what I'm expecting them to get.:laugh:

I'd love to hear what the logic is for that anyway. Just because it's her first year in juniors? Anyone who'd followed her at all saw her being a favorite for the entire season, not to mention individual competitions.

I bet that if she had skated in the last group today, she'd have scored well over 70 points. Early groups always get less.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I can see why they would call the 3T because the combo itself had to kind of curve for the corner, but I think it was a bit harsh.:/ Don't agree with level 3 for the layback but the GOE are within my expectations for that performance.

Even with not perfect landing, she did rippon 3Lz right into transition. And then transition, into 2A, right into FSS. She should get all 1s for both jumping passes. Not sure why Layback is not Level 4 lol I also think that they went a bit too harsh on PCS but it's like that she deserves more *sigh* Underscored overall in my opinion. 3T looks totally clean for me.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I just woke up. So, I'm going to watch some videos without spoiling myself.

Trusova: She's a little firecracker. :love:

Takino: Still reminds me of Satoko. Also seems really fast and kind of tired.

Hong: She looks kind of like Marin Honda. I also feel like she's kind of disconnected from her music. :slink:

Araki: She has a lot of energy. And kind of reminds me of junior-Mao.

Kim: She doesn't have a video. Did she WD? :cry:

Konstantinova: I liked her performance. Shame about the fall. :slink:

Anyone else worth watching? Is YL okay? :slink:

Kara

Final Flight
Even with not perfect landing, she did rippon 3Lz right into transition. And then transition, into 2A, right into FSS. She should get all 1s for both jumping passes. Not sure why Layback is not Level 4 lol I also think that they went a bit too harsh on PCS but it's like that she deserves more *sigh* Underscored overall in my opinion. 3T looks totally clean for me.

Rewatching now and yeah I take it back, the combo looks clean to me too.:noshake: Lutz was on a lean and the landing kicked up some ice so I can accept the GOE there. 2A really deserved more.:unsure:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I just woke up. So, I'm going to watch some videos without spoiling myself.

Trusova: She's a little firecracker. :love:

Takino: Still reminds me of Satoko. Also seems really fast and kind of tired.

Hong: She looks kind of like Marin Honda. I also feel like she's kind of disconnected from her music. :slink:

Araki: She has a lot of energy. And kind of reminds me of junior-Mao.

Kim: She doesn't have a video. Did she WD? :cry:

Konstantinova: I liked her performance. Shame about the fall. :slink:

Anyone else worth watching? Is YL okay? :slink:

Ye Lim skated. Sometimes there might be video loading issues or a video is accidentally skipped. I think that happened to one of Panenkova's skates.

Kara

Final Flight
Whelp that's life. I hope Yelim does better in the free to at least get the TES and perhaps this will be a wakeup call to her coach that she needs to get an actual choreographer to choreograph Yelim's programs and work on those skating skills and step sequences.:noshake:

ALSO! To add some positivity to my string of posts, Jihun got level 4 for all her spins and step sequence!! The only one in the SP besides Trusova to do so!! I think it's the first Korean lady since Yuna I've seen to get level 4 on everything too.:laugh: Get her coach to teach the rest of the girls the basics.:drama: Hanul has pretty good spins too.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Someone should start telling the korean coaches that SS and good choreo kinda matter...:rolleye:
Hopefully yelim can do well this season and maybe get more funding to train overseas.

andromache

Record Breaker
Tessa's facial expressions look pretty fake, but OMG the position in her camel spin is to die for. Shades of Sasha Cohen, for real.

AND Frank is in a LEATHER JACKET and SMILING. Earth-shattering.

He looks years younger than he did sitting in the K&C with Gracie last year. After their split, I figured he was done with traveling to low-key events like a JGP. Good for him. Anyone know who the lady in the K&C with them is?