2017 JGP Latvia Ladies SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Ladies SP

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess it's all about perspective, whatif. As from here, I watched two 14 year old skaters today (one Russian and another a Canadian) that I thought were fantastic! Beauty as they say, is in the eyes of the beholder. ;)

16-year-old US skater Emmy Ma was excellent, too. Evidently the judges thought so, as she had the highest PCS scores of all the skaters.

tjb

Match Penalty
Daria....no clue what to make of this. My first reaction is that her jumps don't really match her skating. Is that a thing? The first thing I learned in the game of chess was "Queen's dress matches her shoes". Maybe it's the music and maybe it's the jumps having a completely different feel and intensity as her choreography but I'm just completely baffled by this program. I didn't like or not like it....I just can't process it.

panenkova recieves the worst choreo out of a whole group from daniil, the best are usally reserved for anna and sasha, and for dasha he's not even trying. they even keeped her lp from the last season, and the choreo in there is just plain awful

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I think Rika Kihira was fantastic. Too bad about the fall but impression wise she was the best. Her first spin was insane. Still if both she and Dasha are clean tomorrow Rika will have to have 2 3As. Otherwise, Panenkova's backloading will help her with 11 point cushion.

By the way Dasha improved a lot. Last year she was just a jumping machine.

Kitty was good. But somehow her magic is gone. And she was slow.

Emmy Ma is an elegant skater with a beautiful layback spin.

I think both placements and scores are correct.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think Rika Kihira was fantastic. Too bad about the fall but impression wise she was the best. Her first spin was insane. Still if both she and Dasha are clean tomorrow Rika will have to have 2 3As. Otherwise, Panenkova's backloading will help her with 11 point cushion.

By the way Dasha improved a lot. Last year she was just a jumping machine.

Kitty was good. But somehow her magic is gone. And she was slow.

Emmy Ma is an elegant skater with a beautiful layback spin.

I think both placements and scores are correct.

I agree absolutely! Not sure if Rika will come with her A-game tomorrow or if the sp today blew her confidence, but in an ideal world, she'd hit at least one of her 3A but Dasha would DELIVER and win the whole thing. Just my hopes...

Lipea

Final Flight
Dasha, Panichek - so happy for her! She was literally THE BEST in the world technically the whole last season doing many competitions (at least 8) with all (!!!!!) clean skates! And now she started this season shining, in many aspects even better then she was. Her jumps are the most impressive from all the Eteri group, and unlike the rest she seems to be almost past puberty body changes. She has the speed of the spins like Sima, the height of jumps like Liza, skating skills similar to Yulia, and the most beautiful rippons in the world.

Lipea

Final Flight
So much for the know-it-alls who said Alisa didn't deserve to be here. :disapp: Sorry for Rika though - I do like her. Panenkova is too introverted for me to enjoy - I don't really think it's fair when people describe most of Eteri's girls as just jumping machines, but if it applies to any of them, it would be her.

Dasha is VERY extroverted and open. She just got very nervous on her first JGP, which she earned such a hard way and with less support than others.

Lipea

Final Flight
But package and choreography is not something judges need to judge. Just performance and composition ;)

Exactly. I don't get why everyone here cares so much about packaging and composition in the junior girls. 13-14 years old girls don't choose packaging; it can always be added once skater moves to seniors when it actually matters. Dasha is not Eteri's favorite so she did not get best programs, but she makes best out of it with her work.

Lipea

Final Flight
Also, Rika's SP is very beautiful. She fairly has the highest PCS.
Alisa has beautiful music (thanks for Mozart) and incredibly beautiful herself, smooth skating, but seems she lacks speed and her choreo is easier than Eteri's girls.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I figured I'd watch an hour of Ladies SP before the start of Ice Dance, to catch up. I didn't realize Alisa and Daria skated so early. Wow. I don't know what Eteri is feeding/teaching those kids, but it's working. I prefered seeing Alisa Fedichkina back on form, though. If I hadn't know in advance it was her, I'm not even sure I'd have recognized her. She has matured so much! Gorgeous skating.

ordinary person

On the Ice
johanson SWE

what is that with the gloves, see it so often lately i just dont like it, it breaks the line of the limbs

I could say the same about the delusional skin tone tights or all that awful skin fabric on the dresses considering this is a winter sport:sarcasm: