2017 JPG Latvia Mens FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Latvia Mens FS

FCSSp4

Rinkside
What an unexpected outcome! Congratulations Mitsuki! He's being coached by Yoshinori Onishi, same coach as Tatsuki Machida. :laugh:

whatif

Medalist
Dear God! This event was so bad. In general this year's junior men's competition looks depressing. No real stars.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Mitsuki had a nice skate, but overall another lackluster men's JGP event. Shocking that we are 3 events done and still nobody has broken 210 points. Jun Hwan really should still be in juniors. Maybe he'll still do JW.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dear God, I have really been enjoying the men's JGP so far, and this event was so cool:cool:

Of course, I could care less about points. And I could care less about jumps a skater "has" if the skater can't land them in a comp. :noshake:

But mostly the Japanese kid and Tomoki; you go boys! I am so thrilled to see real, intricate and inspired choreo for juniors instead of blandly setting up between jumps. :agree:

And to respond to queries, I believe Tomoki had a 3A two years ago. A GS poster with knowledge of 7k said that Tomoki was still recovering from injury earlier this summer.

andromache

Record Breaker
Tomoki needs that 3A to be competitive again. I hope he has a promising quad or two as well.

It's nice seeing the work with Rohene and Kori reflected in the choreography and skating skills, but without the jumps, it's just substituting one weakness for another.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tomoki needs that 3A to be competitive again. I hope he has a promising quad or two as well.

It's nice seeing the work with Rohene and Kori reflected in the choreography and skating skills, but without the jumps, it's just substituting one weakness for another.

Tomoki had a solid 3A before he was injured, so we shall see. But I decidedly disagree about "hiding" or "substituting" a weakness

IMO, I would *muuuuch* rather see a program with skating skills and choreo, and "lesser" jumps, than a bunch of jumps with no unifying theme. A skaters' weakness as shown in lack of choreo and skating skills is far more jarring to me. Particulalry when all these skaters who supposedly "have" jumps don't land them. Then they have no choreo and no jumps and nuthin' but weakness.:laugh:

Just one gal's opinion.....

ETA (and this just "jumping off" from the post, and not responding, if someone tells me that a skater can't medal without certain jumps, I'm bringing out the old lady cane. :devil: Forewarned is forearmed:laugh:)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
looking at protocols, seeing all the lost levels esp on spins makes me more disappointed than lack of quads to be honest, we saw so many botched spins :slink:

corynna

On the Ice
Congratulations to Mitsuki! Nice performance and a well deserved win.
My favorite program of the night was Tomomki's. Great skating skills and another great coreography from Rohene. But the technical content was really low, he needs at least the 3A back. Anyway good to see him back on the podium.
Roman Savosin really needs a coaching change or something. I actually enjoyed his skating more last year. Makar didn't impress me too much either.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Ted's commentary after Roman's skate was interesting. Strengths-based, as always, and acknowledging that high technical content CAN put you ahead of others but if you don't do it clean, your score will still suffer.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
It's a pity that Ivan Pavlov didn't performed well, I do see a lot of protential in his program. It's really sad that he pops jumps he could usually execute well. He have been showing a lot of the disappointment during the program, which might affect his presentation as well...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
looking at protocols, seeing all the lost levels esp on spins makes me more disappointed than lack of quads to be honest, we saw so many botched spins :slink:

ISU needs to raise the BV of spins..

there ... i said it.

and on top of that.. Raise the BV of steps... and re-add the second step seq.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ted's commentary after Roman's skate was interesting. Strengths-based, as always, and acknowledging that high technical content CAN put you ahead of others but if you don't do it clean, your score will still suffer.

The protocols were interesting to look at. Roman had a 14 point BV advantage (even with the URs -- he lost nearly 7 points there) over Tomoki, but lost more than 8 points in GOE, and ended up only with a 2 point TES advantage. Tomoki had a 4 point PCS advantage.

However it's early season, so obviously Roman score ceiling is much higher. I doubt Tomoki will stick to this level of content either. It will interesting to see where things go.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
It's been a disappointing start to the Men's JGP. Very, very few clean or memorable performances.

Sumoto definitely deserved his victory. I enjoyed Ignatov's style, very balletic/artistic but he was running on empty towards the end. Hiwatashi had a really nice programme, technically not the strongest but very well performed. I really enjoyed Savoisin's skating last year but I don't like either of his programmes this year, the jumps aren't there and the choreography is poor. I was disappointed for Pavlov, he had a bad day but he was definitely in a position to win.

Hopefully the standard improves for the final JGP's

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ISU needs to raise the BV of spins..

there ... i said it.

and on top of that.. Raise the BV of steps... and re-add the second step seq.

Toller is looking down (or looking up, given the title of one of his books:laugh:) and heartily approving of this sentiment. :clap::clap::clap:

Me too.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hope Sam can redeem himself from yesterday. :cheer:

thats exactly what he did, well done!

Samuel's so happy! Adorable.

Samuel landed two 3LZ. He is happy with score :agree:

:yahoo: All I have is the results page to go on, but no deductions and if he is happy I'm happy. Well done Sam :biggrin:

So happy to see all these lovely comments about our Sam!!! :cheer:

I came into the Men's threads specifically to see if anybody had said anything about Sam. And after seeing nothing in the SP thread, I was delighted with the response here in the FS thread. :agree:

Our boy did good, by the sounds of things. :points: Maybe me not being able to watch brought him good fortune. :p

Now I can't wait to watch it! :biggrin:

Thank you all! :thank:

And, most important of all, WELL DONE SAM!!!

CaroLiza_fan