puremagic

-
Record Breaker
21- 23 Sep 2017
Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink
Bratislava, Slovakia

Thursday, 22 September 2017, 15:10 UTC/GMT +2 hours

Times in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Live stream

[h=2][/h]
Starting order

StN.NameSP ScoreNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Erika SMITH / AJ REISS
45.86 USA
2Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN
57.00 USA
3Natasha PURICH / Davin PORTZ
52.64CAN
Warm-Up Group 2
4Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN
61.82RUS
5Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
67.18RUS
6Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
64.52RUS

No.NameNation
1Natasha PURICH / Davin PORTZ
SP: "Angel" by Sarah MacLachlan; choreo by Tyler Myles, Shae Zukiwsky
FS: Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen; choreo by Tyler Myles, Shae Zukiwsky
CAN
2Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
SP: Adagio For A String by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Requiem in D Minor by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Sergei Komolov
LP: Another Day Of Sun from "La La Land" (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz, City Of Stars from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz, Epilogue from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Sergei Komolov
RUS
3Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN
SP: Joue Jusqu'au Matin by Yoska Nemet; choreo by Julia Goriunova
FS: La Strada soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Julia Goriunova
RUS
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "Summer of '42;" choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
FS: The Sleeping Beauty Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
RUS
5Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN
SP: You Raise Me Up, performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Emilee Connors
FS: Gone With The Wind soundtrack: Tara's Theme, Civil War, Tara's Theme; choreo by Emilee Connors
USA
6Erika SMITH / AJ REISS
SP: Something by The Beatles; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beauty and the Beast soundtrack: Main Title: Prologue by Alan Menken, Evermore by Alan Menken, Ouverture by Alan Menken; choreo by Julie Marcotte
USA

[/TD]

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyB

Record Breaker
More or less. Still at work, but happy for any reporting/comments anyone makes.
I personally shout for Z/E, but I'm pleased that A/R did so well. They deserve a bit of success.

nimi

Medalist
Oh dear...

Such a promising start for AJ & Erika (landed the 3S they screw up in the SP) and then those axels... and that fluke fall... and those falls on throws... :shame:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Erika and AJ opened the first group. Didn't catch everything, but the throws were all over the place. Just, sigh...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Jessica and Joshua need to work on the levels - same thing I said on the SP. They landed four triples - two jumps, two throws.

nimi

Medalist
Some nice moments from Purich/Portz.

If they were to skate this program with a lot more command and power I think it could be pretty effective.

ETA: scores not shown on screen... 45.76+4?.?? =95.2(?) , total 147.84

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think Z/E have a bigger chance of winning this because they usually are much more secure in the FP. I wouldn't mind burning my tongue to see A/R winning, though.

nimi

Medalist
Next up Efimova/Korovin -- fingers crossed! (I like them)

ETA oh no sbs jumps again...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think Z/E have a bigger chance of winning this because they usually are much more secure in the FP. I wouldn't mind burning my tongue to see A/R winning, though.

I don't mind A/R winning either - for me probably the only Russian pair with quirk I really like, just wish they would be more recognized and consistent

nimi

Medalist
Alisa struggling with sbs jumps (again) and some rough/scary moments during lifts (again) but they got through it. Not bad!

ETA: 55.68+54.72=109.40 (ded -1)

total 171.22

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
GAH! The SBS were almost there, but this program is just the best! The choreography is fantastic.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it feels like they are finally getting it together.

nimi

Medalist
It wasn't perfect but it was pretty good!

Z/E can't afford that many mistakes after this...

ETA: 64.18+59.76=123.94

A/R total score 191.12

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ok, A/R, it's early days and the tech was just plain rough. But this program is so uhm conventional, and they've made more of a splash when they have emphasized their quirkiness. Here the quirks seem bland and forced. The deadpan faces aren't helping. It's a personality program without much in the way of personality so far. I know I'm "supposed" to be charmed, but mostly what I was was, well, sorta bored. But again, early days.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Camera guy was yawning through Z/E - but it wasn't so bad. I think they are probably going to win this.

nimi

Medalist
That was probably good enough from Z/E to win?

ETA: 67.58+60.48=128.06

total score 192.58 into 1st