2017 Philadelphia Summer Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 Philadelphia Summer Championships

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have stream-cut versions of all international Senior Men SPs minus Vrdoljak (my computer glitched). PM for link.

shmay

On the Ice
Tim's quad salchow attempt at least looked rotated, more or less...and the centering on that scratch spin is simply breathtaking

It's still hard to watch Krasnozhon's stroking, but that last combination spin is certainly improved. This is a smart program for him but I kind of wish he'd kept last year's Chopin piece because it forced him to address some of his weaknesses

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, el henry! A pleasure to meet you & sit together in our little group ( a LOUD cheering section for the guys & Deanna & Nate)! :hap10:

theoreticalgirl

Rinkside
Got to the rink just in time for the Senior Pairs SP. Both teams in the group were impressive; having caught the tail end of the Junior Pairs right before, it's like watching night and day between the levels. Deeply impressed by S/B and C/K; both teams had beautiful height and pop on their throws. Deanna in particular hits some gorgeous positions in her lifts. C/K had more consistent jumps, but both teams looked very strong at this early in the season.

See all of you today!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Videos from today:
Stellato/Bartholomay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mEvVeVvlQ

Thank you, Victura!

If you freeze the picture at the very beginning, it's a cool pose. Deanna has like a pensive pose, very graceful, while Nate is very slightly bowing to her.

Eleanor Rigby ... With the better quality sound, I love it. The violin is a strong, full 30-second introduction; then the piano comes in delicately with the melody. By the time the singer enters, I'm ready for it. There was a White House program when Paul McCartney received a big-time award. A lot of the program was other singers giving their interpretations of Paul's songs. The most notable thing was how much Paul enjoyed others' renditions of his music!

Deanna's refinement of her movements is spectacular. I think one reason Nate's has improved is that they're working with choreographers. Jim Peterson is a great coach, but his pairs need outside eyes and influence, IMHO.

Deanna's posture .... look at the splendid curve of her back in the death spiral! Wow.

SBS 3Lz ... if you slo-motion, you can see that they're doing their movements in synch, with the same jumping technique. I've been complaining for years that US pairs don't do this. Deanna and Nate are doing it.:hap10:

The musical mood changes in the middle of the footwork, becomes lighter, speedier. It speeds up the footwork, and it's very effective. I lose my "analysis mode" during it, I'm just inside the skating. Great skating, D/N. Brilliant work, Rohene!

The spectacular lift is where Nate's experience shows. I'm told (thanks, John Coughlin) it's extremely difficult for the man to sustain so many complicated lift positions at length, doing turns and weight shifts himself. And this is also where Deanna shines, as you really need presentation in the lifts. I'm especially impressed that they incorporated that upside-down position at the end of the rink, showing off Deanna's flexibility and the way she holds a position while looking relaxed. (this is a Marissa/Mervin lift. kudos to D/N for stealing it!!!!)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone here but me, to watch the pairs FS? And if so, is there a link to the livestream?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thank you! I guess I'll wait for the reports and videos. The price is steep especially for (now) only half the competition

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to the results for the ladies short program? Or the results? Is anyone remotely interested?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to the results for the ladies short program? Or the results? Is anyone remotely interested?

I think people are only interested and/or posting results from the International Ladies SP, yet to happen at 3:45 today. Int. Ladies FS is tomorrow. Int. Men's FS is at 6:30 p.m. today.

It's very confusing. Post #21 in this thread by theoreticalgirl is very helpful.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching Tim D.'s practice (thanks, frida) ... I already love his FS, more than I did last year's. I feel like he's going against type with this program, in a good good way. Also, he should always wear a light-colored t-shirt with dark pants ... it really shows off the beauty of his shoulders-to-waist configuration! #totally shallow comment#

Max: I've never seen him to a whole run-through of a program without jumps! One or two of the musical cuts are a little abrupt for me. I also feel the SP chops both the pieces, not good. However, it may be a strategy his new choreographer is using, the idea being to maximize Max's strengths. In which case, can turn out well.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watched the Men's Short Programs. I'm really impressed by Alex K's. I love how he loves and celebrates the Russian folk music, honoring his heritage and his parents. Goes well with last year, when he began to be noticed in a larger way and really made his mark as a junior, by loving and celebrating his American home with the great Aaron Copeland's Rodeo. He seemed so thoroughly and delightfully Texan!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think people are only interested and/or posting results from the International Ladies SP, yet to happen at 3:45 today. Int. Ladies FS is tomorrow. Int. Men's FS is at 6:30 p.m. today.

It's very confusing. Post #21 in this thread by theoreticalgirl is very helpful.

Thank you. The schedule is confusing.

humbaba

Final Flight
If I heard correctly, Bradie Tennel in first place in the short after 3 skaters. She's ahead of Courtney. Angela Wang next.

humbaba

Final Flight
Angela Wang into first. Her program was lovely and got a warm reception from the audience.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Angela Wang into first. Her program was lovely and got a warm reception from the audience.

Angela Wang 69.64.

I was moved to tears by her gorgeous performance.
Thrilled for her :yay:.

Chloe Ing was next -- and she also had a beautiful skate.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't go today because they have a schedule posted on the web that is not accurate. Is the ladies FS tomorrow?

yes. See post #21 in this thread; it sorts things out.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Forgot to add a sweet footnote re Angela:

Her coach Ryan Bradley could not be with her at this comp... so his bestie Jeremy Barrett is putting Angela on the ice here.

Jeremy proudly showed me a cute photo of baby Watson :luv17:, and sounded optimistic about his wife Lucy's condition :ghug:.