2017 World Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies FS

glorybox6

Final Flight
I still wish the Laurine we saw earlier this season showed up in Helsinki... but she pulled it together in the second half at least.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Crowd loved it but unfortunately really not her day. In the first half it was like she couldn't quite get her feet under her and in the second half it was almost like she was running out of steam...

valerieally

On the Ice
The Grease music cuts were horribly slow in some parts, looking at that spin combination part. Horrendous edit aside, she seemed more spunky in the bad Sandy era.

desertskates

Medalist
Laurine did much better once the dress changed :laugh: Not her best event, hopefully the momentum she had earlier in the season gives her a boost of confidence for next season.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Competition is exhibition now… for some… love french skating :thumbsup:

tulosai

Record Breaker
How that even could have been sold out? There's about 20% seats free. Or is this how many oeople don't bother for first groups?

Don't bother for first groups/still working (only 16:22/4:22pm in Helsinki right now on a Friday). I'd be surprised if it's not a lot more full in an hour and a half.

ETA I'm off on the time- it's 6:22 pm there now- but my main point still stands...

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
How that even could have been sold out? There's about 20% seats free. Or is this how many oeople don't bother for first groups?

Maybe people are just getting off work and trying to get there? It did start at 6 PM Helsinki time (18:00 = 6 PM). Not sure exactly what the common end-of-workday hour is for Finns.

Last edited:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
It was fine :luv17: I wish i could not see that TES box sometimes... I realized scores and placements distracted me to enjoy skating more...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
My littler corgi is completely inept at catching the tidbits I throw her so now I have a piece of beef somewhere in my room that I can't find because it bounced off her nose :palmf:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Rough start, but Laurine pulled herself together. I hope she uses the summer and trains hard. She has the perfect kind of sass for my taste and I'd love her to do W-E-L-L at the Olympics.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The dress transformation may give her a confidence? :laugh:

She recovered relatively well towards the end. I enjoyed her program.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Crowd loved it but unfortunately really not her day. In the first half it was like she couldn't quite get her feet under her and in the second half it was almost like she was running out of steam...

She usually runs out of steam towards the end. Something to work on but on the other hand, stamina is at least pretty straight forward to get. She is really good so fingers crossed next season.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My littler corgi is completely inept at catching the tidbits I throw her so now I have a piece of beef somewhere in my room that I can't find because it bounced off her nose :palmf:

You need a GSD. This would never happen if you had a GSD. I'd lend you mine but he'd eat your corgi.