2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Did you see his face at 4CC after he landed his first 2 quads? Guy looked like he could conquer the world (right before he went on the fall on his 3As but we don't speak of it)

Shoma is unleashing his Loco side if needed, he does not mess around :cool14:, are You prepared for what's coming?? I did not even go yet today to Yuzuru FF to check on pages...

auser

Record Breaker
Thank you! I just haven't found one on this list that is showing it. This starts now doesn't it?
Please give it a few minutes. They are just showing starting order, introducing judges, then there is a warmup period for the skaters. Some broadcasters wait until the skaters are actually on the ice before they start their broadcast.:)

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
There is alot of hype on Nathan winning this year, but I dont think he can beat a clean Hanyu or even a clean Fernandez. Even a clean Chan or clean Uno would be fairly close with a clean Nathan despite his base value edge on the others. He doesnt get the highest GOE, and for sure doesnt get the highest PCS (even if still too high IMO). I think Hanyu will be determined for a number of reasons, only winning worlds once and blowing it last year especialy big time, and never once skating his best in a big event to date, not even in the 2 he won. With that said I think he will really deliver his best here, unlike last year he hasnt come close to peaking even once this season, and if he does there is no chance in hell of Nathan Chen beating him.

Fernandez I think will also peak for worlds as he often does and win silver.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SBS stream is quite clear and smooth but I am not sure how it will go if I will be doing PBP. I will try, but if it proves to be too fragile, I'll have to stop.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Did you see his face at 4CC after he landed his first 2 quads? Guy looked like he could conquer the world (right before he went on the fall on his 3As but we don't speak of it)

hahah yes we should add little spartan to the mix. My my... reign of the PCS vs GOEs vs QUADS.

How many quads in the final flight?

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Julian, Kevin (skate kind of early?), Jinseo!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Commentator on SBS remarks "a familiar face, and familiar hair as well" as Reynolds is being introduced :laugh:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'll try to provide a PbP unless or until one of the people who know what they're talking about show up. Don't expect me to ID elements beyond JUMP...SPIN...OH NO A FALL :laugh:

... uh, that is if my stream hold out

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Please give it a few minutes. They are just showing starting order, introducing judges, then there is a warmup period for the skaters. Some broadcasters wait until the skaters are actually on the ice before they start their broadcast.:)

Thank you! I missed the first couple of ladies yesterday so I wanted to make sure I got here good and early today. :cool: I see them now!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
+ gonna be honest & say I want Javi to win just 4 the lulz b/c noone predicts it:laugh:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All right! The Australian SBS live feed is working and they fixed it from yesterday (I could hardly hear him last night although the actual music for the skaters performances so that was pretty good).

Man, I don't recognise any of these guys in the first group :laugh:

ETA: Oh wait Kevin is here...I do know him!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
JUST got here in time for the start of the warm-up. I left it a bit late to re-start the computer.

But, it did give me a chance to watch the last of the Pairs that I had missed, the North Koreans.

And I see what you guys meant about Simon not realising that they were from the North rather than the South. :eek:

Here is the Sportbox link (geo-blocked so needs VPN):

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...Chempionat_mira_Muzhchiny_Korotkaja_programma

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
All right! The Australian SBS live feed is working and they fixed it from yesterday (I could hardly hear him last night although the actual music for the skaters performances so that was pretty good).

Man, I don't recognise any of these guys in the first group :laugh:

Kevin Reynolds?