2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

s_parks

Record Breaker
That tes was lower than what I thought it'd be, and the pcs higher, lol. Love Polina in the k&c, bless. K/I are the most interesting to me.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
He still looks like he needs chapstick lol

Congrats to the winners! Another close battle. :clap:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That tes was lower than what I thought it'd be, and the pcs higher, lol. Love Polina in the k&c, bless. K/I are the most interesting to me.

Of course, I should've known you'd like K/I.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going to miss hearing Ted's commentary. :( Until maybe parts of Canadian nationals (Idk if he'll do it). And then wait till August. Sigh.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Satisfied with the podium, now I'll go on to catch up on the ladies-

Whoa Nastya speaks good English!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Of course, I should've known you'd like P/I.

Of course, I love Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, I love K/I, and I loved S/H when they were hot mess teenagers and got a standing ovation at 2012 worlds and people on GS still hated them, lol.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Anastasia joins the club of junior pairs skaters to win the JGP Final twice, and is the first to do so with different partners.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I do kind of wish that one of Anastasia's dresses between the two programs wasn't red.

Now, of course, a book-accurate costume for her character would get them a costume violation deduction, heh.

I didn't see the short. Is the book worth reading? By the music and costuming, it sounds like something out of the horror/fantasy genre like Dracula.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I didn't see the short. Is the book worth reading? By the music and costuming, it sounds like something out of the horror/fantasy genre like Dracula.

I agree with my Russian lit prof that Bulgakov is overrated, but it’s still a good read, although not my favourite. (Then again, my favourites are weird and a little obscure, as I almost wound up with a PhD in Russian lit.)

rachno2

Record Breaker
(Then again, my favourites are weird and a little obscure, as I almost wound up with a PhD in Russian lit.)

In my first year of that journey.....we’ll see if I get there
I’m basic and love Bulgakov

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
In my first year of that journey.....we’ll see if I get there
I’m basic and love Bulgakov

You are not allowed to ever call yourself basic. At least not where I can hear! :p

I like Bulgakov more than my advisor did, but we had a relationship built on getting together and talking smack about various authors. (I tried to prepare him for how much he’d hate Natasha’s Dance by Orlando Figes... I really tried....)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's a proto-magical realist satire of the interwar Soviet Union. I didn't love it the way some do, but it's quite unique among the big name Russian novels. I'd recommend trying it (Pevear/Volokhonsky translation, of course).