2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Ladies Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Ladies Free Skate

s_parks

Record Breaker
I want whatever the sparkly things are in Kanysheva's hair. But I probably woouldn't make it look as good...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm happy that Alyona (the Angel, this is confusing) rightfully got her deserved gold, but I'm also sad that Yelim finished last... What a mixed bag of feelings, this is kinda heavy for me to handle with just three hours of sleep.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Ted on Alena's win: "You deserve it. Beautifully done."

I think I'm going to write that on on my bathroom mirror. My new mantra.

readernick

Medalist
OMG both Rika and Alena won there really is a god listening to me :sad4:

To quote Ted: "Finally, finally."

My exact thought. My two favorites! The two best all around skaters in the world right now.

But, I love Trusova so much. Not her skating just her attitude. She is amazing and unflappable!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
power(a, n)

and of course that doesn't even factor in the other Russian ladies. There simply isn't room for them all. I am dismayed.

The Russians are so deep in all the disciplines that it makes me sad to think of the ones that will never make the senior team.

arcticmoss

Spectator
I am a new poster but I have to comment about how happy I am for Alena Kostornaia.

To think that just a few months ago, people were speculating that she would have to leave Eteri over ONE popped axel. I am so happy that she showed just how beautiful and powerful of a skater she can be and that there's no way she's out of the running yet. She is a skater that truly moves me. I'm so very happy for her and I am so excited to see her in seniors next year.

champagnerain

Final Flight
I think it's so nice that Kostornaia does her best to do interviews in English when she can. I know how nerve-wracking it can be to speak in your non-native language, and the fact that she's doing it in front of such a huge crowd is amazing. :love:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Gogolev, Kihira and now Kostornaia ❤️ If only Yuzuru wasn’t injured I would be the happiest person today [emoji24]

P44

On the Ice
I really thought Trusova was unbeatable for now. It is however a nice surprise to see Alena win.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I know Anna S needs that quad lutz, but I remember her free last season (backloaded, but anyway) and it was quite nice. It'd be nice if she could just go back to that one...

Just remembered, it's going to be really, really hard on Alina Zagitova next season. She has strong tech, but Alyona (angel) has superior skating skills and musicality, and of course Sasha has three quads in her arsenal. Zhenya made the right choice when she moved.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'm happy that Alyona (the Angel, this is confusing) rightfully got her deserved gold, but I'm also sad that Yelim finished last... What a mixed bag of feelings, this is kinda heavy for me to handle with just three hours of sleep.

Yelim was wonderful, too, though. I didn‘t see the fall because my laptop decided to randomly shut down so it was basically perfect from my eyes. :biggrin: And she landed herself in the GPF, that‘s a great achievement already, considering the depth in juniors. She is a lovely skater and shouldn‘t be overlooked among the Russian crowd of juniors. She will grow. :)

Alena the angel (love the name btw) has such a cute voice. And I love how she‘s making an effort to talk in English. Basically I love everything about her.

Sasha wasn‘t at her best today but still kudos to her being so gutsy. Sometimes it pays off (most of the time, actually), sometimes it doesn‘t.

Anna... I‘m so happy for little Alena to make the podium but I‘m also sad for her finishing in fifth... She is such a wonderful girl and this is not the end of the world. It‘s heartbreaking given her potential but she will learn from this and come back stronger. She has all the qualities, just needs to be a bit more consistent.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Take heart! Lets see how they all do in 2 years!
Chris in sleep study

frida80

Record Breaker

This is how I see it. Last Yelim, never even made it to the podium. This year she’s coming into December with 2 JGP silvers and a CS bronze. The First Lady to make to the JGPF since Yuna. I imagine all this sorta got into her head. But I am a firm believer that failures make us bring out of best successes in the long run. I’m a few weeks she’ll be in Korea competing as a senior for a spot at 4CC. She’ll remember this competition and it will make her more focused and determined. It will make her even more determined at nationals, 4CC and junior worlds. This is just a minor setback in a really long journey of hers.

Look at Stephan. He bombed terribly at JGP Richmond and that almost cost him a chance at the JGPF. But that made him more focused and determined. This time he didn’t cave under the pressure. He didn’t let a fall derail him. That’s why he’s the Junior Grand Prix Final Champion this year. Have faith and watch her rise from this.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I really thought Trusova was unbeatable for now. It is however a nice surprise to see Alena win.

Hey, the old lady of 15 won...the one with the maturity...as the announcer said, its hard to believe she is a junior....

frida80

Record Breaker
I am a new poster but I have to comment about how happy I am for Alena Kostornaia.

To think that just a few months ago, people were speculating that she would have to leave Eteri over ONE popped axel. I am so happy that she showed just how beautiful and powerful of a skater she can be and that there's no way she's out of the running yet. She is a skater that truly moves me. I'm so very happy for her and I am so excited to see her in seniors next year.

That setback made her the champion she is today. She was super disappointed in that competition. She used that as fuel for these amazing performances she did today.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This is how I see it. Last Yelim, never even made it to the podium. This year she’s coming into December with 2 JGP silvers and a CS bronze. The First Lady to make to the JGPF since Yuna. I imagine all this sorta got into her head. But I am a firm believer that failures make us bring out of best successes in the long run. I’m a few weeks she’ll be in Korea competing as a senior for a spot at 4CC. She’ll remember this competition and it will make her more focused and determined. It will make her even more determined at nationals, 4CC and junior worlds. This is just a minor setback in a really long journey of hers.

Look at Stephan. He bombed terribly at JGP Richmond and that almost cost him a chance at the JGPF. But that made him more focused and determined. This time he didn’t cave under the pressure. He didn’t let a fall derail him. That’s why he’s the Junior Grand Prix Final Champion this year. Have faith and watch her rise from this.

I sure hope she comes to 4 conts ...would love to see here live....
Who can say how any of these fantastic ladies will be skating in 2-3 years????
Anyone old enough to remember the "Texas Firecracker"???? What happened to her?
Stay tuned.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Seems like Trusova essentially defeated herself, right? Literally any clean triple instead of a +REP on the second 4Lz and she would have won. But her gutsiness in always pushing the envelope is what I admire most about her. Glad that she and Shcherbakova went for it.

Really happy for Kosternaia, though! She is like #1 on the list of unreal to see live. I can't believe how good she is. You don't normally think of her as a jumper because she doesn't have the big tricks the other young girls do, but my God her technique is just fabulous.