2018-19 Western Sectionals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Western Sectionals

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Sr. men fianl is undergoing right now: https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/west/data0105.htm

Last group of skaters:
12.山 隈 太一朗 Taichiro YAMAKUMA (SP:63.96)
FS: 3A 3Lz-3T 3Lo CSSp StSq 1A? FCSp 3F-2T-2Lo 3Lz 3S ChSq CCoSp 132.75//Total:196.71

13.本 田 太 一 Taichi HONDA (SP:67.64)
FS: 4Tfall 3Lz-3T 3F 3S 3Lz 3F-2T 2A-2T 124.34//Total:191.98

14.櫛 田 一 樹 Kazuki KUSHIDA (SP:64.43)
FS:3A< 2Lz+3T 3F 3Lz+1Eu+3S 3Lo(ot)+2T 3Lz(fall) 2Lo 108.57//Total:172.00

15. 中 村 優 SHU NAKAMURA (SP:78.86)
FS: 3A(so) 3Lo 3Lz(so) 2F(so) 3A+2T 3Lz+3T 2A(so) 124.54//Total: 203.40

16. 友野 一希 Kazuki TOMONO (SP:83.27)
FS: 4S+2T, 4S(fall), 3A+1Eu+3S, 3Lo, 3A(so), 3F(ot)+3T, 3Lz 149.72//Total:233.00

17.髙 橋 大 輔 Daisuke TAKAHASHI (SP:83.56)
FS:3F, 3A+3T, 3S, 3A, 3Lz+2T(so), 3Lo, 3F+2T (StSq4) 161.11//Total: 244.67 into 1st!!!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is there any chance the competition will end up on youtube? I'd love to see the battle of 3A's in Ladies.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh Kazuki (Tomono, clarifying since there's Kushida Kazuki here as well), when is your clean free coming... I do want him to step up to that no.3 Japanese man position, so far not yet... :(

Takahashi Daisuke is amazing.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Does anyone have a link to any of the other skaters's programs? Specifically interested in my faves Kazuki T and Ryuju...

champs

Final Flight
Some thoughts:

- While I'm glad Rika Kihira and Ayaka Hosoda tried and landed 3As, I wonder why Sui Takeuchi didn't even try one. Would have been awesome if three senior ladies landed a 3A at sectionals. Speaking of 3A, I noticed Miyabi Oba is still skating after graduating from Chukyo Univ. and is sponsored by her employer. Wonder if she's committed enough to upgrade her jumps to the level they used to be at in her junior days.

- Speaking of 3A again, where did Taichi Honda's 3A go? He landed them beautifully at the nationals last season.

- Speaking of the nationals last season, I really enjoyed Hina Takeno's skating, glad she's doing fine this season too.

- Very interested in watching Serina Okada's spins, must be really good as she received only 4s and 5s for the GOEs of her LSp4 and FCSp4 in the SP. I don't think I have seen her skating before.

- The jump clinic by Tammy Gambill didn't seem to help Moa judging by her protocol. :disapp:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congrats to Dai for his first place at Sectionals! I approve of his new SP costume and his FS is :luv17:. Also, I'm really happy for how consistent Rika's 3As seem to have gotten. Wishing her a better FS than here for NHK though. :laugh: Also, Ayaka Hosoda also having two 3As (and landing them!) in her FS is amazing.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Some thoughts:

- While I'm glad Rika Kihira and Ayaka Hosoda tried and landed 3As, I wonder why Sui Takeuchi didn't even try one. Would have been awesome if three senior ladies landed a 3A at sectionals. Speaking of 3A, I noticed Miyabi Oba is still skating after graduating from Chukyo Univ. and is sponsored by her employer. Wonder if she's committed enough to upgrade her jumps to the level they used to be at in her junior days.

- The jump clinic by Tammy Gambill didn't seem to help Moa judging by her protocol. :disapp:

- Re. Sui Takeuchi: I read from twitter that she had high fever weeks before sectionals, perhaps still in recovering from that.
- Re. Moa: I think the girl should be given some time. It's a good thing she's seeking help and the problems with jumps won't solve over night. She really gets a very beautiful FS choreographed this season (and rather difficult) Perhaps she also needs to grow some strength to rotate those jumps.

champs

Final Flight
- Re. Sui Takeuchi: I read from twitter that she had high fever weeks before sectionals, perhaps still in recovering from that.
- Re. Moa: I think the girl should be given some time. It's a good thing she's seeking help and the problems with jumps won't solve over night. She really gets a very beautiful FS choreographed this season (and rather difficult) Perhaps she also needs to grow some strength to rotate those jumps.

Thanks for sharing the twitter info regarding Sui, I hope she's fine now and will challenge both Rika and Ayaka. (Wonder if Yuhana will keep playing safe this season again.)

Regarding Moa's seriously chronic UR issue, I agree it won't be fixed overnight, I was being a cynic after I read that Jack Gallagher article with how positive both Tammy and Moa were about what they had got out of such a short training period. But seriously, if she's really serious about fixing the issue, she probably shouldn't be training under Nagamitsu/Honda in the first place.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I agree that we should give some time to Moa. Maybe next season she will have only occasional URs. It will be hard for her to be in top 6 at junior nats in few weeks.
I'm curious, if not Nagamitsu/Honda, who should be her coach? Hamada is a successful coach but has girls with URs. Maybe the coach of Kobe girls? Kaori and Mai have good jumps and are consistent jumpers.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Maybe the coach of Kobe girls? Kaori and Mai have good jumps and are consistent jumpers.

Would it be a surprise that Moa actually trained with Nakano Sonoko when she was at Novice level? Moa's hometown in Japan is Kobe (according to Wiki).

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If she trained with Nakano, maybe she shoul go back to her. She stills young, her jumps can be reworked.