2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

atsumiri

Record Breaker
They used to say the same things to Evgenia, and they will say the same things to Kostornaia-Trusova-Shcherbakova in the future.

sorry, but ... no
they've never said anything like that about Evgenia. NEVER.

Only Alina getting such a treatment... because a while ago won a wrong girl. and than TAT with her bright idea happened. that's it.
They're insulting 16 y.o girl again and again and again.... and they always starts a week before her competition. how unexpectedly

Scott512

Record Breaker
Slept thru everything but that’s okay.....Tiny Boss came out swinging. I’m not sure what made Eteri look so critical of her performance but I have to say that was one of the best StSeq’s I’ve seen performed. Purpose, difficulty and execution. It’s a thing real of beauty. That 2a landing has become a real highlight for me this season as well. I’ll try to catch up later but for now I can start my day on the right foot.

You slept through everything? You're better than that! ;)

Sasha is lurking in the Deep Waters like a great white shark! Tiny Beast! Lol! If she hits her very hard high scoring quad program in the free skate could she take the gold and her first-ever senior competition?

I hope the free skate competition is just as good as the short programs were. Gubanova had her best-ever short program today scored over 70 points for the first time I believe and is in 8th Place and would be 9th place if Liza was skating. Amazing depth. Mind boggling.

sekhmets

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I got to meet and chat with Stasya when I was volunteering at Worlds this year and she was such a lovely person. Very sweet and very humble. Say what you want about her placements but be kind, please.

Scott512

Record Breaker
sorry, but ... no

Only Alina getting such a treatment... because a while ago won a wrong girl. and than TAT with her bright idea happened. that's it.
They're insulting 16 y.o girl again and again and again.... and they always starts a week before her competition. how unexpectedly

Did our great Olympic champion get insulted again before this competition by her compatriots? I know what Canadian dance star was dismissive Alina and the young Russian Sensations and some radio interview the other day . That radio interview was in Alina Zagitova is fantastic until some moderator deleted it. I hope Alina shut everyone up if she wins this coveted gold medal at Russian Nationals.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
in a world when Evgenia got 35+ pcs with such a skate. and Stasya 35.31.. :unsure::shocked:
while Nastya - 32.59, Sasha - 32.17, and Anna - 31.81
sooo.... Everyone was judged like they used to ... by int. Judges.
except Evgenia and Stasya...
.... I don't have much to say.
In this world Alina's 38 look kind of low...

Scott512

Record Breaker
I got to meet and chat with Stasya when I was volunteering at Worlds this year and she was such a lovely person. Very sweet and very humble. Say what you want about her placements but be kind, please.

Some posters complain about everyone's PCS, some posters never complain about PCS, and some posters complain about PCS only when it comes to Alina. Poor little queen :laugh:

The protocols are out and we can see Rusfed gave Alina, Stasya, Sofia, and Zhenya all a SB in PCS. Stasya had the biggest increase, 3.75. Everyone agrees that PCS is hard to explain, so I will just say three of them were clean, one was not.

Actually, Alina always receives the same treatment, at every competition she has been to this year, including test skates.

Before the competition: she's done.
After the competition: she's done.

GPF was the worst. The people criticizing her weren't trolls, but skaters from her own country who kept going to the media and wouldn't stop saying that she was done for. These comments started in November.

No other Russian skater receives this treatment. Look at how they treat Evgenia: comforting words and encouragement. Liza: well wishes and encouragement. Stasya and Sofia: not as many good words, but no bad ones either. Stop trying to equate what your skater goes through with what Alina is subjected to.
You are on fire today like I have never seen! All fair points. Undeniable.

moriel

Record Breaker
well, I want to know.. why were they criticizing her for?

I dont remember them all, but the stuff i could find quickly
Trankov said nobody cheered for Alina at the Olympics.
TAT, when Alina flopped at Worlds, said she had to lose weight
Vaits just bashes Eteri and Eteri skaters whenever she has a chance
Bestemyanova: about Olympics: "Zhenya competed, but a girl that she brought there won"
Slutskaya: "Zagitova's advantage is that some things are forgiven as she is the Olympic Champion. But this won't last long"
Both Slutskaya and Besti, after FGP, were "all hail queen rika, zagitova is done"

Note: they never say anything negative about Zhenya. Everything is awesome. Everything is great. She won? Amazing. She lost? Well she improved so much and her programs are awesome. She bombed rusnats? We still love her, and the program we never seen skated anywhere near, we already love it too.

The only 3 adequate people i'v seen so far are Butyrskaya, Averbukh and Yagudin.

madison

Record Breaker
Bestemyanova: about Olympics: "Zhenya competed, but a girl that she brought there won"
Slutskaya: "Zagitova's advantage is that some things are forgiven as she is the Olympic Champion. But this won't last long"
Both Slutskaya and Besti, after FGP, were "all hail queen rika, zagitova is done"

Let's not make a drama out of it. Butyskaya, for example, took Alina's part, against Evgenia, and there are others pro Alina. Everyone has an opinion and it's normal to be like that.
It is true that the majority expected Evgenia to win the OGM mostly for the reasons Trankov explained (she was senior for longer, seemed to work harder(longer), fight for Russians to compete at the Olympics, was consistent for 2 seasons, winning everything and the skaters know how hard is to keep the shape for so much time). It's annoying to read all these overprotectionism comments from Alina's ultra fans. Every skaters face an amount of "hate" or better said bad comments.

lesnar001

Record Breaker

Note: they never say anything negative about Zhenya. Everything is awesome. Everything is great. She won? Amazing. She lost? Well she improved so much and her programs are awesome. She bombed rusnats? We still love her, and the program we never seen skated anywhere near, we already love it too.

The only 3 adequate people i'v seen so far are Butyrskaya, Averbukh and Yagudin.
Don't forget Evgeny Plushenko who has always been complimentary.
And Alexei Mishin in a recent article about his own skaters, mentioned Alina in a complimentary way.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Come on guys it’s not a competition on who is/was treated worse. Let’s just cheer for a faves and talk about the future after the free skate.

Netta

Rinkside
If she hits her very hard high scoring quad program in the free skate could she take the gold and her first-ever senior competition?
If Alina will skate LP as she did in Nebelhorn, rusfed will ensure 1st place for her, imo. With her mistakes and clean Sasha, Trusova will take the gold.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Come on guys it’s not a competition on who is/was treated worse. Let’s just cheer for a faves and talk about the future after the free skate.

Med/Zag fans are battling it out to see which skater wins the OGM in the suffering Olympics.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
sorry, but ... no

I do remember some people blaming Evgenia for being the new girl who left Julia and TAT's favourite Elena Radionova in the dust.

Then they tried to blame Eteri for the programs (i remember a couple of "I'd never skate to that program" at the test skates in the past) they were giving to her.

It was never as clear or as harsh but to be fair, Eteri was still fairly new to the scene, they didn't know if she is a coach who knows how to bring skaters to the top or she was just lucky to have 2-3 amazing talents.

Now it's full on bashing sometimes, and trust me they'll find something else to blame some of their skaters in the future. Maybe Shcherbakova will win the Olympics and then they will blame her cause Trusova and Kostornaya were the favourites, who knows? It feels nothing but envy.

It's unfortunate that we keep talking about that nonsense drama, when Russian Nationals showed so many other skaters delivering really good performances even from non-Eteri skaters.

I'm personally more curious to see if Stasya can keep it together in the free and get the Euro/World spot.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I read that it's common in Russia to use family names, so I get how you get a lot of same names. Still, it's confusing when you have two Alyona K's and two Anastiasia G's.

Patronymic is not just common, i believe you have to have it, then you can decide to use it in your everyday life or not but it's in your passport anyway.

katymay

Medalist
So many great performances, and most countries would be thrilled to have even one of these girls. Sad for Zhenya, but I do love her new short, much better fit to her skill set.

katymay

Medalist
Slept thru everything but that’s okay.....Tiny Boss came out swinging. I’m not sure what made Eteri look so critical of her performance but I have to say that was one of the best StSeq’s I’ve seen performed. Purpose, difficulty and execution. It’s a thing real of beauty. That 2a landing has become a real highlight for me this season as well. I’ll try to catch up later but for now I can start my day on the right foot.

I wondered that too. I thought it was the best short I've seen her do-she paid more attention to the spins, but she needs to straighten her leg on the elusion (distracting). Never a time I don't feel a thrill when her music starts.