2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Scott512

Record Breaker
I dont remember them all, but the stuff i could find quickly
Trankov said nobody cheered for Alina at the Olympics.
TAT, when Alina flopped at Worlds, said she had to lose weight
Vaits just bashes Eteri and Eteri skaters whenever she has a chance
Bestemyanova: about Olympics: "Zhenya competed, but a girl that she brought there won"
Slutskaya: "Zagitova's advantage is that some things are forgiven as she is the Olympic Champion. But this won't last long"
Both Slutskaya and Besti, after FGP, were "all hail queen rika, zagitova is done"

Note: they never say anything negative about Zhenya. Everything is awesome. Everything is great. She won? Amazing. She lost? Well she improved so much and her programs are awesome. She bombed rusnats? We still love her, and the program we never seen skated anywhere near, we already love it too.

The only 3 adequate people i'v seen so far are Butyrskaya, Averbukh and Yagudin.

I got to meet and chat with Stasya when I was volunteering at Worlds this year and she was such a lovely person. Very sweet and very humble. Say what you want about her placements but be kind, please.

If Alina will skate LP as she did in Nebelhorn, rusfed will ensure 1st place for her, imo. With her mistakes and clean Sasha, Trusova will take the gold.

So many great performances, and most countries would be thrilled to have even one of these girls. Sad for Zhenya, but I do love her new short, much better fit to her skill set.

I know what you mean the depth with the Russian ladies is unbelievable and for example wood be number one in so many countries and she might not even be in the top six in Russia. This of course in the coming years will lead to some of the Russian girls getting dual citizenship so they can compete for other countries and still not totally leave Russia. I would not blame anyone who does that.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Bestemyanova: about Olympics: "Zhenya competed, but a girl that she brought there won"
Slutskaya: "Zagitova's advantage is that some things are forgiven as she is the Olympic Champion. But this won't last long"
Both Slutskaya and Besti, after FGP, were "all hail queen rika, zagitova is done"

Note: they never say anything negative about Zhenya. Everything is awesome. Everything is great. She won? Amazing. She lost? Well she improved so much and her programs are awesome. She bombed rusnats? We still love her, and the program we never seen skated anywhere near, we already love it too.

The only 3 adequate people i'v seen so far are Butyrskaya, Averbukh and Yagudin.

I got to meet and chat with Stasya when I was volunteering at Worlds this year and she was such a lovely person. Very sweet and very humble. Say what you want about her placements but be kind, please.

If Alina will skate LP as she did in Nebelhorn, rusfed will ensure 1st place for her, imo. With her mistakes and clean Sasha, Trusova will take the gold.

So many great performances, and most countries would be thrilled to have even one of these girls. Sad for Zhenya, but I do love her new short, much better fit to her skill set.

Let's not make a drama out of it. Butyskaya, for example, took Alina's part, against Evgenia, and there are others pro Alina. Everyone has an opinion and it's normal to be like that.
It is true that the majority expected Evgenia to win the OGM mostly for the reasons Trankov explained (she was senior for longer, seemed to work harder(longer), fight for Russians to compete at the Olympics, was consistent for 2 seasons, winning everything and the skaters know how hard is to keep the shape for so much time). It's annoying to read all these overprotectionism comments from Alina's ultra fans. Every skaters face an amount of "hate" or better said bad comments.

I have never seen such non Adelina BS like the kind that Zagitova has been put through. I have never seen an Olympic champion be put through nonsense and cheap comments and dismissive comments like Zagitova has for almost a year by experts and pros and Stars & Legends in Russian figure skating. Zenskate and moriel have itemized the instances and I didn't even know about half of them Madison. Then there was that Canadian pairs skater who intimated Alina was using hormonal drugs last year to keep from growing. Thus it's neefed for some of us to vent about this. Thankfully Alina Zagitova has remained a Class Act through all of this.

DinkyD

Rinkside
I haven't read all the previous posts but do most of you agree the short Evgenia performed in this event was WAY better for her than the one she's been doing during the Grand Prix? It seemed the choreography in the previous program didn't suit her at all. To me she never hit a nice "line" with her body in that one. I thought she looked substantially more graceful in the new routine. If only she had landed the jumps.....

Scott512

Record Breaker

sorry, but ... no
they've never said anything like that about Evgenia. NEVER.

Only Alina getting such a treatment... because a while ago won a wrong girl. and than TAT with her bright idea happened. that's it.
They're insulting 16 y.o girl again and again and again.... and they always starts a week before her competition. how unexpectedly
everything they have said about Alina Zagitova is so much harsher than anything they have ever said about Evgenia Medvedeva. Medvedeva deserves only good things said about her So does zagitova and I'm very surprised that many of the comments being so dismissive of the olympic champ in the Russian figure skating community.

Who is Vaits? That lady journalist?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Once again, I must say that I love the aesthetic of the rink here.

....Does anyone remember RusNats about maybe 4 years ago? There was a giant Christmas tree. The intermission for the skates was just a close-up of one of the ornaments on the tree! :laugh2:

There was a Christmas tree 2 years ago in Chelyabinsk.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Finally got to watch Evgenia's SP after work. I think it's a marvelous program for her. Despite the falls, that step sequence at the end is one of my favorite things she's ever performed. Such passion! I really hope she isn't discouraged by her placement. It's interesting that despite what could be considered a "disaster" skate from her, she and Brian seem upbeat. This makes me hopeful that they have a long-term plan and understand these are just obstacles along the way. Her placement may have to suffer for a while until she is more comfortable. I would love to see her perform this cleanly someday. Also, WAY better than her prior SP. Great job, Misha!

Also, it was really encouraging to see the crowd support her like that.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
I have only 1 question. As I started watching figure skating from 2013 on and came into the Sochi Olympics as a big Yuna fan, but also really liked and enjoyed Mao and Kostner, so I don't really know how things were before in terms of fandoms.
Were people this passionate about their favourite in the past too?
Would you say that this new rivalry Alina vs Evgenia matches the Mao vs Yuna one?

Ok, there were two questions but I got really shocked by the tenssion that runs through here.

moriel

Record Breaker
I haven't read all the previous posts but do most of you agree the short Evgenia performed in this event was WAY better for her than the one she's been doing during the Grand Prix? It seemed the choreography in the previous program didn't suit her at all. To me she never hit a nice "line" with her body in that one. I thought she looked substantially more graceful in the new routine. If only she had landed the jumps.....

The new program is basically a step back in direction of what she did with Eteri. And it is obvious that she is much more comfortable with the style

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Nothing new about judges - juniors are underscored in PCS, Konstantinova is overscored. Losers still loosing, winners still winning, Evgenia still upgrading downward. Two things I didn't expect - mistakes of Talalaikina and Kostornaya, they are random.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Some posters complain about everyone's PCS, some posters never complain about PCS, and some posters complain about PCS only when it comes to Alina. Poor little queen :laugh:

The protocols are out and we can see Rusfed gave Alina, Stasya, Sofia, and Zhenya all a SB in PCS. Stasya had the biggest increase, 3.75. Everyone agrees that PCS is hard to explain, so I will just say three of them were clean, one was not.

Yes, Elena Vaitsekhovskaya

Thank you. Vaits sounds like a troublemaker.

Would you say that this new rivalry Alina vs Evgenia matches the Mao vs Yuna one?

I agree with what Atsumira said above. Compared to Yuna versus Mao (not to mention the one-off between Yuna and Adelina Sotnikova), this is nothing. Almost everyone likes both Alina and Evgenia and wishes them well, whoever their #1 favorite is.

lzxnl

Final Flight
I agree with what Atsumira said above. Compared to Yuna versus Mao (not to mention the one-off between Yuna and Adelina Sotnikova), this is nothing. Almost everyone likes both Alina and Evgenia and wishes them well, whoever their #1 favorite is.
Plus, it's much friendlier when they're both from the same country.

Azikin

Medalist
in a world when Evgenia got 35+ pcs with such a skate. and Stasya 35.31.. :unsure::shocked:
while Nastya - 32.59, Sasha - 32.17, and Anna - 31.81
sooo.... Everyone was judged like they used to ... by int. Judges.
except Evgenia and Stasya...
.... I don't have much to say.
In this world Alina's 38 look kind of low...

I agree it's completely ridiculous.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Alina's performance was so moving. Beautiful expression. She's made an incredible improvement with this program and certainly deserved that 1st place. It was full of emotion.