2018 Asian Open Ladies Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Asian Open Ladies Free Skate

Danny T

Medalist
Oh wow both the Japanese ladies on the podium! Congratulations to all the medallists!!

lady_bee

Medalist
She should have used Buttle for both programs - I don't even know an Akiko choreo I actually like

Eun-Soo is my favorite Korean girl and I like Akiko's works for Rika H, Moa, Yuhana, & herself, so I think it's too early to say anything so far; however, I have to admit that I am disappointed with the music choice:think:
Still, this season has jut started and I am expecting her to be better:cheer:

skatenewbie

Medalist
it the firs half it feels like Eunsoo got recycled program from Mariah Bell tbh. its not bad but nothing wow either. Shame about the fall especially that axel mess. She could have add 2T/3T after the 2nd 2A to garner more point though

Kara

Final Flight
Eunsoo's always been kind of bad with re-evaluating where she should add missed combos like in JW 2017 and the axel was pretty jarring. I stopped watching halfway so I can't comment on the choreography yet but wish it was the Cell Tango song instead. Her dress is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS THOUGH!!

Congrats to Eunsoo on her senior debut and her first international gold medal! Now give her that second GPS spot.

Danny T

Medalist
Seeing protocols I think judges got a bit generous with Eunsoo's PCS there. She doesn't have much in terms of transitions, and after the first slip on the axel she was clearly out of sorts and quite slow to recover after her other stumble and fall as well. The first 3Lz3T got a few +5, the only one in the competition. I'd say it's +4 for me (no steps and weirdly placed within the music), but it did look fantastic :luv17: so I don't blame the judges for that LOL

Mako is the only one not hit with any UR call at all. Huh.

frida80

Record Breaker
Seeing protocols I think judges got a bit generous with Eunsoo's PCS there. She doesn't have much in terms of transitions, and after the first slip on the axel she was clearly out of sorts and quite slow to recover after her other stumble and fall as well. The first 3Lz3T got a few +5, the only one in the competition. I'd say it's +4 for me (no steps and weirdly placed within the music), but it did look fantastic :luv17: so I don't blame the judges for that LOL

Mako is the only one not hit with any UR call at all. Huh.

I agree with what you’re saying. I think I saw the initial three requirements but with no transitions or hitting music notes, these don’t meet the requirements for +5. I think the system is a work in progress.