2018 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs SP

aname

On the Ice
Announcer just said that the North Korean pair will participate in the Olympics... I guess wild-card confirmed? Or don't tell me the North Korean pair got the spot at the expense of the South Korean pair that WD...
Yes they got the wild card, i.e. an extra spot. It was in the news a couple of days ago.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Lubov says that the harder she tries on the SBS jumps, the worse she does. Maybe with no pressure, they'll skate gangbusters at this competition. Fingers crossed.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I thought it was that Ryom/Kim had qualified for the Olympics outright at Nebelhorn, but for unknown reasons didn't submit their entry papers for the Olympics on time. Then, only a couple weeks ago, the IOC said that they were willing to be as cooperative and lenient as possible with the DPRK to get their athletes entered into the Olympics, and it was all resolved with the recent announcements of the joint DPRK/Kor Woman's HOckey team, the joint marching in the ceremonies, and I guess Ryom/Kim's normal participation in the figure skating event. I don't think it had anything to do with Kim/Kam or any other team withdrawing.

Edit: Or maybe I'm wrong, I didn't pay that much attention.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Call me a little crazy but I wouldn't be shocked if Ryom/Kim wound up getting a medal.

I didn't participate in the prediction games, but... AUS and PRK absolutely have a fighting chance for the podium. It could be like ice dance how Japan is sitting in second at the moment.

aname

On the Ice
Well, that was a bit rough.

Is this their first season together? can't remember...

rain

Record Breaker
Wow, rough skate for Ruest and Wolf. Problems on the jumps and the throw, plus they only do a double twist, so they really needed everything else. Thought they should have gotten higher GOE on the pair spin, it was really good.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Great performance by Suzaki/Kihara! They were so stagnant for the past two seasons I was getting worried... so glad they showed MASSIVE improvement this season! Hopefully another quad for the next Olympics?

Also, that throw salchow was so weird. It looked almost like a throw loop.

rain

Record Breaker
Not matching technique at all going into the jumps, but they got the job done.