2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb: ISU Info | Golden Skate

2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb: ISU Info

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Liza will have to WD - it conflicts with GPF. I hope they choose Gulyakova to sub in - she has really been skating excellently this season. Mishin is working well with her.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason!

Deniss!

And all my fave American pairs: Deanna and Nate, Alexa and Chris. Ashley and Tim!

:clap:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I don't know how it was in the previous seasons, but this year US pairs are very active in the Challenger Series circuit. Apart from the first event (Asian Trophy) so far we could see them in every competition and all the top pairs are listed for Tallin (Haven and Brandon, Tarah and Danny and Jessica and Brian) and Golden Spin of Zagreb (Alexa/CHris, Deanna and Nate and Ashley and Tim). It's good both for internal and international competition and makes them more visible.

The same may be said about Sinitsina/Katsalapov from Russia. As someone stated in other thread, probably due to last season's injury and lack of competitions, at the start of this season they want to gain points and move in the world rankings. We could already see them at Ondrej Nepela Memorial and they are listed for Zagreb, which they would surely win with huge margin if it did not collided with the Grand Prix Final (there are big chances and I really hope they will qualify for it. I long for seeing their direct confrontation with Stepanova/Bukin before Russian Nationals).

As for other ice dancers, I can see that Barbara has high hopes in Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI because they have also been quite busy this season skating in CSs and other events: Lombardia Trophy, Ondrej Nepela, Minsk-Arena Ice Star and now Golden Spin.

In ladies the ones who interest me most are Anna Pogorilaya and Angelina Kuchvalska. Also, the internal battle between 3 Germans (especially Schott v. Weinzierl) and US Mariah Bell v. Bradie Tennell promise a lot.

In men Maxim Kovtun, Deniss Vasiljevs, Jason Brown, Alexei Bychenko and Daniel Samohin are strong candidates to medals. Other interesting names are both Majorovs from Sweden and German Paul Fentz.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Will any senior US ice dance teams be added?

I doubt so. According to the announcement, "The Entries by names must be made (…) not later than: Friday, November 9, 2018 – 20:00 h (local time Zagreb, Croatia)". The deadline is over, so if there are no US ice dancers on the list, we will not see any in Zagreb.

The entries were published yesterday, so I assume that's the final list (although some WD are also possible).

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Italy has three Worlds spots, and only one experienced team. Tessari & Fioretti are pretty much bound to go, and I'd guess Fusar-Poli would like them to get as much experience as possible first. (Probably hoping they will be able to get out of the RD this season).

Sinitsina & Katsalapov have been on more CS entry lists but withdrew from Austria and will probably withdraw from this so are unlikely to compete in any more CS competitions than last season. If they do the GPF, I think they will have competed in one more event than during recent years, however.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
All: I contacted the organizers and they confirmed that a livestream will be available again this year. They didn’t provide any details but said to check their website a few days before the start of the competition.

FYI, last year it cost 10€ for the livestream (not sure if that was for the entire event or not) and it was not available on demand.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Out:
A. Krasnozhon (M)
Atakhanova/Volodin (P)
Wang/Wang (P)
Efimenko/Epstein (P)
M. Papka (L)
Portesi Peroni/Chrastecki (D)
Torktarova (L)
Miliukov (M)
Tuktamysheva (L)

In:
I. Maysuradze (M)
Yanovskaya/Lukacs (D)
Isadora Williams (L)
Efimova/Korovin (P)
Lazukin (M)
Guliakova (L)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Out:
Abrazhevich/Bidar (P)
Schreiber (L)
Reed/Ambrulevicius (D)

ETA: Ostlund (L) out
Isadora Williams (L) out
Stomakhina (L) out

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Wait wait wait. Is Luke Digby competing here as a senior..? Wow wishing him the best.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hold my breath every update, because I fear the next one will Anna Pogorilaya'S WD :drama:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In:
Gilles/Poirier (D)
Sauter (L)

Out:
Sinitsina/Katsalapov (D)
Fang (M)
Gorodnitsky (M)