Votes: 179 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
You can't give her 7 in the CO with an excuse that you don't like the program. That is not an objective judging. Even it is not your cup of tea her composition is technically the most challeging one and and from the technical side of view composed very well. She also portrays a character from the story with visible character's movements and expressions throughout the programme, so she is showing an idea/concept there. Technical elements and body movements are placed on adequate music phrases. And there is a lot of variations in tech elements, blades work, body movements and in general using of the space and ice surface.

Exactly what I would’ve said. Her components are excellent. People question the technique & wonder why these girls get such high scores but their components play a big part in it too. Just cause you don’t like their program doesn’t mean they deserve scores less than 7 in PCS - Alina has almost everything required for 8s-9s

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I just wish Alina would skate with a straight back---not pitched forward all the time.

It doesn’t seem like that at all to me...I think her posture is fine. Well it is better when she is standing but still

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Schedule.
http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpfin2018_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf
Lets see...Spokane is Pacific daylight time, except for Sunday, which is Pacific standard time....
Its now 7:55 pm Helsinki time and 10:55 am PDT.....aw, the heck with it! ;)

Extremely annoyed because the ladies are at 3-4am and 5-6am for me [emoji24] why can’t ladies be at the times of ice dance? all competitions in Europe are at inconvenient hours for me [emoji20] I’m so dedicated I will get up early for Alina’s FS but I don’t think I will be allowed to for the short, depending what time she skates :((

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I feel like this is a underwhelming event... I wish there was more competition. But alright.
Gold is Alina’s to lose. Kaori could upset her if she has a major meltdown.
The bronze is a question mark? Loena would be my first option but couldn’t someone else sneak in there? Hmm... I guess that will be the only interesting competition here.
Something that is intriguing though and will be exciting to watch is: will Alina and Kaori skate clean once again? They both did great in their previous event. Maybe someone will slip here?
Anyway, the REALLY exciting event will be the Men’s for sure. But I’ll watch the ladies just to see Kaori’s FS which is growing on me and to see how Alina will be scored here, will she get another record or will she get a reality check? Nebelhorn was too generous.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I hope Loena has a strong showing. I was in the rink watching her practices at Skate America and she looked so strong. I hope she finds some personal redemption here. I would love to see her earn the bronze.

Yes, I'm a fan of Loena. For me, the most exciting skater in this Ladies event. She has great on-ice presence and one of the best Biellmanns in the current field. Nice improvements in her jumps as seen at Nebelhorn. Sad that she had to withdraw from SA but she does have a decent chance to get the bronze here.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Excited to see Alina and Kaori again! (not so much Kaori's short, but her jumps + smile are always a delight). I like Alina's Carmen way more than I should :laugh: For bronze I'm rooting for Loena and her gloriously 90s programs to have redemption post-Skate America and for Stasya because she could always use some love and motivation. Or maybe somebody unexpected will pull a Mako-like podium snatch :yes:

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I can’t wait to finally see Alina on GP ice! Interested & nervous to know how she will go

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Quoting Rikaquegira [it won’t let me quote but ok]
I feel like this is a underwhelming event... I wish there was more competition. But alright.

I think it’s good we have a more underwhelming event with clear contenders for Gold (Alina, Yuzuru) but I don’t want to jinx things. Rostelecom, NHK and probably IDF are the most iffy and packed with contenders. Rostelecom is NOT going to be good for my nerves, sleep & sanity, especially as I have 2 other things going on that weekend including NCEA exams, and it is live during the night [emoji23]🤦🏼*♀️ SkAm & SCI were reasonably packed. GP Finland will be a good breather, but I will still be very nervous for Alina and it could be tight between her & Kaori...

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Quoting Rikaquegira [it won’t let me quote but ok]

I think it’s good we have a more underwhelming event with clear contenders for Gold (Alina, Yuzuru) but I don’t want to jinx things. Rostelecom, NHK and probably IDF are the most iffy and packed with contenders. Rostelecom is NOT going to be good for my nerves, sleep & sanity, especially as I have 2 other things going on that weekend including NCEA exams, and it is live during the night [emoji23]🤦🏼*♀️ SkAm & SCI were reasonably packed. GP Finland will be a good breather, but I will still be very nervous for Alina and it could be tight between her & Kaori...

Yes, I liked your way to see things... [emoji23] Thanks!

colormyworld240

Medalist
Alina, Kaori, and Loena seem to have their programs and execution together so I hope to see them perform well and I'll leave it at that. My greatest hope here is there Daria has a decent outing, skating clean. She's had some bad skates already this season and it's very sad to see her so upset (especially with her naturally sad eyes) all the time. I hope she can do well and gain some confidence back!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Daria is injured. Seemed like one practice at SCI was so bad that WD was assumed (she was crying and with her coach). Doubtful going back to back will help her.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Well, major meltdown aside Alina is basically locked for gold, as much as I would love to see Kaori get it. Even though I dislike Alina's SP and her poor posture, it's obvious her program is the most difficult in all aspects - technical and also I dare say emotional (POTO is such a warhorse, I think it's hard to invent the character and story from scratch and I feel Alina is trying to do so which I admire).
Anyway, good luck to all the lovely ladies :)

Ganbatte Kaori-chan! :luv17:

Vili67

On the Ice
Really waiting to see Alina and specially saturday when i will be at arena.
But Viveca was very good at Finlandia trophy.
And i hope that she will get same flow here too.:hap57::yes2:
And of course most say that it's nice to see Yuzuru again live.

zounger

Medalist
Really waiting to see Alina and specially saturday when i will be at arena.
But Viveca was very good at Finlandia trophy.
And i hope that she will get same flow here too.:hap57::yes2:

Emmi too, she is very beautiful to watch.

People say that this GP is not so exciting, but we may end up with the entire podium having more than 200 pt here.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Practices start tomorrow, hope we get some nice camera feeds to check out all the participants.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Alina and Kaori are no-brainers for the podium so long as they're both relatively clean. In this field, they could still go 1-2 even with a few mistakes. But if Kaori is anywhere near as good here as she was at SkAm, she's good to go.

I'd be so happy if Loena ended up on the podium. I like to cheer extra hard for skaters from small federations.

I just hope that Angela Wang has performances she can be proud of. She's such a lovely, capable skater and I really want to see her pull it together.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
My wish is for Kaori to get her ticket to the GPF!!! Alina to remain as confident as at Nebelhorn and Loena to show us what she's capable off, even when the GPF is impossible now. Ah, and maybe that Rika Hongo will skate a satisfactory program as well - maybe a little comeback for her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
What are your bets for 3rd place? Gold and silver are pretty much already taken (and a GPF ticket for Kaori, too. :luv17: ) but bronze is relatively open. I would love for Loena to grab it but I could see Stanislava make a case and get it. I‘m hoping for Dasha Panenkova to have a good skate but after what we‘ve seen from SCI and her having to skate in back to back competitions I‘m not too confident. Hoping for a surprise, though. And her and Alina are friends so maybe this could have a positive impact on her, too. Anyway: good luck to everyone!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What are your bets for 3rd place? Gold and silver are pretty much already taken (and a GPF ticket for Kaori, too. :luv17: ) but bronze is relatively open. I would love for Loena to grab it but I could see Stanislava make a case and get it. I‘m hoping for Dasha Panenkova to have a good skate but after what we‘ve seen from SCI and her having to skate in back to back competitions I‘m not too confident. Hoping for a surprise, though. And her and Alina are friends so maybe this could have a positive impact on her, too. Anyway: good luck to everyone!

Maybe an outside chance for Viveca Lindfors too, just going by SBs hers is about the same as Stasya's. But I'm guessing either Loena or Stasya.