• Mikhail KOLYADA

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Alexei KRASNOZHON

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zounger

Medalist
This will be a preview of some "battles" that we will see at GPF and worlds. Up to 4 skaters can end up to GPF from this event. A good test of competitive spirit, nerves, and potentials.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Supposedly Valter Virtanen is planning 3Lo+1Lo+3Lo in the free program, which is one of the more bonkers decisions I've heard.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
What a lovely, insane lineup. Darling Junhwan (god I hope he's in condition, he must be exhausted) may hold the no.1 spot in my heart, but there's Yuzuru and Andrei Lazukin to root for as well. :luv17: A clean Yuzuru will definitely win this, but then you don't bet anything with the men. I have no idea how Jin Boyang is doing but he's definitely in contention, and of course there's Mikhail Kolyada with his monster lutz (and not much consistency...). Junhwan might be able to get a bronze if he's 100% clean, dare I hope? Anyway, I am not going to miss this for anything :laugh:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
It's the MEN, anything can happen!

I appreciate that your account is 8 years old, yet this is your first post :laugh: How right you are, though! My bet is still on Yuzu winning here though.

What a great treat it will be for whoever wins here- a nice rare GP gold ;)

rachno2

Record Breaker
Sorry to barge in - I'm mostly a lurker - but the list Kolyada turned in (don't know what you call it - protocol?) - anyway, the quad lutz isn't on it!

Kolyada: 4S, 4T+3T, 3A+2T, FCSp, ChSq, 3A, 3Lo, 3Lz+1Eu+3S, 3Lz, StSq, CCSp, CcoSp

http://cloud.isu.org/index.php/s/kZrBxa8IM4ZyWb7#pdfviewer

Misha plans to add it in later in the season. With the rule changes, his focus right now is going clean, even if it means lighter technical content. I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see it again until russian nationals

Oh and welcome!

Tyche

Rinkside
Smart boy - I hope he can skate clean - it's been such a problem for him. Maybe this is his year!

Oh and thanks rachno2! I'm happy to be here. It's great to have a place to obses... I mean talk about the competition details. I should have joined sooner.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Hmmm, Mika HAS to skate clean to have a chance at the podium, Jin and Yuzu will get much more points in TES if they skate what they plan.

But Mika and skating clean....:hpull:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hmmm, Mika HAS to skate clean to have a chance at the podium, Jin and Yuzu will get much more points in TES if they skate what they plan.

But Mika and skating clean....:hpull:
Well, he could still make the podium, but it would be the lowest stand on the podium (bronze).

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I rally want Boyang Jin to skate well. I voted with him, though my guess is Yuzuru will win this.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I rally want Boyang Jin to skate well. I voted with him, though my guess is Yuzuru will win this.

Yuzu usually posts his lowest two scores of the season in his first two events, there are at least four guys who could easily podium and/or enter as favourites if they weren’t all at the same event, and ice is slippery. Based on what people are predicting, there’s consensus on the names of the top four, but the order they fall in is anyone’s guess.