Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Finally! It feels like forever since we've seen Chantelle and Andrew (not since Asian Open). Andrew hinted on his IG that they have a new lift, and I wanna see! (Also, it'd be nice to see their new programs on a proper stream.)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Chen/Sun (CHN) are off the list of entries; Matilda Friend/William Badaoui (AUS) have been added.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Chen/Sun (CHN) are off the list of entries; Matilda Friend/William Badaoui (AUS) have been added.

I hope those two keep working hard. I thought they had genuine potential to climb the ranks. Morozov has done them a major favor by giving them programs to challenge them to grow.

Very interesting lineup. If there isn't a SGP event at the same time, I will definitely watch.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Surprised Fear & Gibson are competing as it's straight after NHK, but looking forward to seeing them again.
Also dying to see Plutowska & Flemin make their season debut, late in the day, after relocating to Montreal.
Shpilevaya & Smirnov have one of my fave FDs of the season, so exciting and Avant Garde, and a complete change of image and direction since their Junior days. Exciting event in prospect!!

ETA: How could I forget Mina Zdravkova & Chris Davis, Bulgarian #2 couple, who train in London with former Olympian and British Ice Dance Champion Marika Humphreys-Baranova. They have an expressive Folk Free Dance with Bulgarian traditional music and songs and lovely costumes. Looking forward to seeing that again.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I am also excited to see Shpilevaya and Smirnov again.

Are the Bulgarian couples the one training in Montreal and the one training in London going to compete against each other for a place at the Europeans and eventually Worlds?

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I am also excited to see Shpilevaya and Smirnov again.

Are the Bulgarian couples the one training in Montreal and the one training in London going to compete against each other for a place at the Europeans and eventually Worlds?

I don't know what criteria the Bulgarian Federation have set? Or if it's a straight competition at the Bulgarian Championships? But so far the Montreal team are more advanced technically, and I don't think the London team have even reached the ISU Euro/World TES to qualify. Maybe next year.

Country
Russia
Dance in order of Season Best of this season

1 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 196.29
2 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 180.57
3 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 180.32
4 Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV RUS 167.94
5 Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN GER 152.68
6 Jennifer URBAN / Benjamin STEFFAN GER 150.73
7 Carolina MOSCHENI / Andrea FABBRI ITA 139.79
8 Julia WAGRET / Pierre SOUQUET FRA 135.59
9 Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN POL 131.00
10 Victoria MANNI / Carlo ROETHLISBERGER SUI 123.79
11 Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS AUS 123.23
12 Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZE BUL 115.59
13 Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI AUS 109.43
14 Mina ZDRAVKOVA / Christopher M. DAVIS BUL 103.85

sunn1ly

On the Ice
This event will be every interesting with all those top couples. Shpilevaya / Smirnov will have a good competition almost as in GP. Very good experience for them. Its pitty that they did not get place in NHK trophy now that there is a spare place. :( I will continue to mourn over every vacant spot that is not taken by them ever since the Ru Fed announced the decision to put some week but with very big connections couple instead of them even after the far better results. Hope this motivates them even more to prove how wrong and unfair this decision was.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Yay! I somehow completely missed this news but I am so excited!

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Sadly Mina Zdravkova has fractured her wrist, so I expect the #2 Bulgarians will have to withdraw injured.

Update: She's soldiering on with a brace in training. Tough cookie!

DonP

Rinkside
Sadly Mina Zdravkova has fractured her wrist, so I expect the #2 Bulgarians will have to withdraw injured.

Update: She's soldiering on with a brace in training. Tough cookie!

You know, these Bulgarian girls are tough cookies: with her work ethics Teodora (or Tedy as everybody calls her), the girl who is on the other team (the one in Montreal) has been for many years the role model for skaters here in Connecticut and New England (including for some current top US skaters like Avonley Nguyen and Emmy Ma). 7 years ago, while practicing her 2A and triples, she broke her wrist, but didn't tell anybody that she was in pain, as she was afraid she wouldn't be able to skate. Two months later, when people around her finally realized that there was something wrong with her wrist, it was healed in a wrong way, so doctors had to break it again and do surgery for a couple of hours. The year after, she won Colonial Open (one of the biggest local competitions in NE area) at her level only 20 days after having an appendicitis surgery!!! It is amazing what sometimes these skaters go through. We can not even imagine it!