2018 Inge Solar Memorial Men's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Inge Solar Memorial Men's Short Program

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy to see Tomoki did well in the short. Best of luck in the free tomorrow!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Well he started out really nice, but lately he has been a little snarky.

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who preferred the previous commentator while the few people in the chat were raving about him.
I'm glad someone's doing the commentating, that's for sure, but this guy was a step down from the other one as far as I am concerned. He didn't name many of the jumps so uninformed viewers like me are completely lost, mumbles, and sometimes he is just plain ironic/snarky and it quickly started to irk me. I don't think skaters deserve to be called 'my friend' by him, and don't deserve some of the shade thrown at them. Sorry but making snide comments on low practice amounts is a big no-no fo me. I'm guessing he doesn't know most of the skaters personally, and cannot know who has reduced p[ractice amounts for medical reasons and such. No need to make it sound like they're lazy. /rant over/ Many of the things he said, I agree with, but they cold have been said more politely. (yes, I realize he's not a native speaker but still) I want the previous commentator back.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
While he was not naming all the jumps, he was very informative about other stuff, like spins, GOE points and requirements PCS are dealing with. Also about skaters life. I found it more valuable than commentators who are only naming the jumps and not giving other informations about programs and judges scoring. For me it looked like he was commentating from the panel of judges point of view :thumbsup: