• Bradie TENNELL

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Wow there are so many skaters I want to do well. Medvedeva to do a come back, Honda to do that gorgeous FS justice and make Raff proud, Bradie to show us why she’s the number one US lady and Mae to wow the home crowd.

Of course Rika to make the final!

I thought NHK was a stacked field!

Country
Russia
Ladies in order of Season Best of this season (got at Challenger Series and previous GP Events)
1 Rika KIHIRA JPN 224.31
2 Mai MIHARA JPN 209.22
3 Bradie TENNELL USA 206.41
4 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 204.89
5 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS 197.57
6 Alexia PAGANINI SUI 182.50
7 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 178.89
8 Marin HONDA JPN 178.89
9 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 176.99
10 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 172.41
11 Lea SERNA FRA 130.86
12 Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE 121.46

Last edited:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
This will be verry intresting in determining who goes to GPF. There are Kihira, Medvedeva, Konstantinova, Miahara and Tenell who all have a chance.

Miahara and Tenell needs to win to have a chance at the final. I do however not se this happening unless Kihira and Medvedeva (who I think are stronger skaters) makes mistakes.

Kihira is in the final if she places in the top 4. A podium finish will give her (30/28/26) point which is all guaranteed to get into the final. In the event when she places 4th she would win both of the two first tie breakers.

Konstantinova is guaranteed to be in the final if she is in the top 2. A third place would put her at 24pts and in the first tie breaker she would score the same as Sakamoto and Samodurova. Then it comes down to scores. Depending on who is first and second she will either need a minimum score of 213.76 to outscore Sakamoto or (which she will need if Medvedeva and Kihira is the top two or if Miahara/Tenell wins and either Kihira/Medvedeva is second) 199.15 to outscore Samodurova.

Medvedeva is guaranteeded to be in if she wins. In the case where she is second it will come down to the tie breakers. If Kihira wins she needs to score at least 198.81 to outscore Samodurova. If Kihira is third and either of the other three wins she needs to score 213.42 to outscore Sakamoto.

Most likely two of these skaters will make it, my pick would be Kihira and Medvedeva but we will have to wait and see. I hope all skates to the best of their abilities and make for a great competiton for us to watch!

Edit. Paganini is in the same situation as Miahara and Tenell a win would put her in the final. (I do however think that is verry unlikely)

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Ladies in order of Season Best of this season (got at Challenger Series and previous GP Events)
1 Rika KIHIRA JPN 224.31
2 Mai MIHARA JPN 209.22
3 Bradie TENNELL USA 206.41
4 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 204.89
5 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS 197.57
6 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 178.89
7 Marin HONDA JPN 178.89
8 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 176.99
9 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 172.41 (may change after CS AUT)
10 Alexia PAGANINI SUI 157.82
11 Lea SERNA FRA 130.86
12 Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE 121.46

New SB for paganini at Rostlecom 182.50

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hoping Laurine's knee is better by the time Friday rolls around...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Wishing the best for Zhenya (get your ticket to Vancouver girl) and Marin (be clean and show off your charm), and clean skates ladies.

moriel

Record Breaker
I always cheer for the axels.
Wishing to see 3 clean 3As in this competition, everything else irrelevant.

readernick

Medalist
This is a pretty deep field. NHK was amazing. I hope this competition will be equally impressive. Like with NHK, I am a fan of most of these skaters. I hope Rika, Evgenia, Bradie, Marin, Mai and all the other skaters have great skates. Rooting for everyone but Rika is my favorite and I want her to land her triple axel in the short program.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
I always cheer for the axels.
Wishing to see 3 clean 3As in this competition, everything else irrelevant.

The pressure is on Rika now, it's going to be interesting to see if she handles it. I want to believe she will but I also remember her junior days.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
As of my posting this, the poll represents the top three options as follows:
Rika, 66.3%
Evgenia, 26.5%
Bradie, 3.6%

I was interested to see how the Predictions Game thinking differed. Here's the percentages for first-place predictions there:
Rika, 68%
Evgenia, 30%
Bradie, 2%

Seems that the forum's users are pretty consistent across polls and predictions! :thumbsup:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I'm so pumped to see Rika again! Hope she goes nice and clean, if she does it's an easy win :) I'm also eager to see her PCS rise.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This competition is stressing me out more than my own real life problems.

:laugh:

But there is a point in that - I will be there live and I am already nervous for this competition...I just hope all ladies will give their 110% and may the best win, with no regrets:)

It will be my first time seeing Evgenia, Alexia, Marin, Lea, Matilda, Mae Berenice and Mai - so I am quite excited in general:)

Country
Russia
New SB for paganini at Rostlecom 182.50
Yes. I corrected.
But Top5 at this Event are too strong, Alexia may be ahead any of them only because of their serious errors.

Btw Alexia Paganini is below only two US Ladies (Tennell and Bell) both by Season Best and GP Standing.
If not change from USA to Switzerland she could pretend to 4CC as US athlete.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Rooting for Mai but im feeling she will be in 4th again because someone has the skate of their life. #PoorGirl

bennorii

On the Ice
Yes. I corrected.
But Top5 at this Event are too strong, Alexia may be ahead any of them only because of their serious errors.

Btw Alexia Paganini is below only two US Ladies (Tennell and Bell) both by Season Best and GP Standing.
If not change from USA to Switzerland she could pretend to 4CC as US athlete.

USFS shouldn't have released her lol. If only they had known...

ETA: She'd also prob be getting higher PCS as a USA skater, not that her good musicality and qualities don't already warrant high numbers.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I am honestly seriously extremely worried about all the expectations on Rika! :hopelessness:
I mean, I hope she wins the whole thing, breaks WR, just go out there and slays everything! But god this is stressful!! And if I'm stressing over it imagine how Rika must be feeling! :drama:
But you know, if she wants to be a champion, there is no other way, the better she skates, the bigger the pressure gets. I hope it doesn't crush her. :pray:

Circle pray for Rika to keep herself together and not have a meltdown!
:ghug: