• Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • Bradie TENNELL

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am honestly seriously extremely worried about all the expectations on Rika! :hopelessness:
I mean, I hope she wins the whole thing, breaks WR, just go out there and slays everything! But god this is stressful!! And if I'm stressing over it imagine how Rika must be feeling! :drama:
But you know, if she wants to be a champion, there is no other way, the better she skates, the biggest the pressure gets. I hope it doesn't crush her. :pray:

Circle pray for Rika to keep herself together and not have a meltdown!
:ghug:

I know.....we want the best for her and our other favorites....at the same time not wanting to see anyone fail.....best to just concentrate on what could be one heck of a comp! Margaritta blender ON, dogs in lap! Fire in the heatOlater....Go World!
(OK, maybe I AM shoveling virgins into the volcano to appease the skating gods but still.....Go RIKA!)
Cant wait....

melgirl25

Medalist
I am honestly seriously extremely worried about all the expectations on Rika! :hopelessness:
I mean, I hope she wins the whole thing, breaks WR, just go out there and slays everything! But god this is stressful!! And if I'm stressing over it imagine how Rika must be feeling! :drama:
But you know, if she wants to be a champion, there is no other way, the better she skates, the biggest the pressure gets. I hope it doesn't crush her. :pray:

Circle pray for Rika to keep herself together and not have a meltdown!
:ghug:

Was she getting a lot of media coverage in Japan after winning NHK?

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Was she getting a lot of media coverage in Japan after winning NHK?

Yasssss!
They are already putting her picture beside Mao Asada, they are hyping her as the next new big thing. And sure, she really is huge talent but the media in Japan can be a bit over the top... But it’s just how it is, Rika and her team are smart and they need to deal with this wisely. As I said, the more medals she wins, the more attention she will get, so they need to be smart about it and not let the pressure eat her alive. If they can do that, she’ll be fine. The fact that 2019 Worlds is in Japan might actually be good for Rika... She had great performances in home soil so far... JGPF last season, Japanese Jr and Senior Nationals last season and now NHK. Funny to notice that... I hope she can keep that going.

Anyway, I hope she can win here at IdF, that would really send a statement! And that will also drive Japan media crazy! [emoji23]

melgirl25

Medalist
Yasssss!
They are already putting her picture beside Mao Asada, they are hyping her as the next new big thing. And sure, she really is huge talent but the media in Japan can be a bit over the top... But it’s just how it is, Rika and her team are smart and they need to deal with this wisely. As I said, the more medals she wins, the more attention she will get, so they need to be smart about it and not let the pressure eat her alive. If they can do that, she’ll be fine. The fact that 2019 Worlds is in Japan might actually be good for Rika... She had great performances in home soil so far... JGPF last season, Japanese Jr and Senior Nationals last season and now NHK. Funny to notice that... I hope she can keep that going.

Anyway, I hope she can win here at IdF, that would really send a statement! And that will also drive Japan media crazy! [emoji23]

If she lands at least two of her 3a it should be in the bag because she strong in everything else too.

moriel

Record Breaker
Hopefully japanese fed and media will not put too much pressure on her.
Girls who can put out very high TES move figure skating forward.

I hope she can gain momentum this season and be a strong competitor for 3A next season

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Hopefully japanese fed and media will not put too much pressure on her.
Girls who can put out very high TES move figure skating forward.

I hope she can gain momentum this season and be a strong competitor for 3A next season

Yeah, and to think that next season she might add a 4S and/or a 4T!!
Figure skating gods, please take good care of Rika! ❤️[emoji24][emoji120]

frida80

Record Breaker
Yasssss!

They are doing WHAT?!?! Unbelievable! Haven't Feds learned their leason yet? Just say good job and good luck at France. How hard is that?!

leoleo

Medalist
My hair is going to fall out! I get so nervous for skaters when i'm just watching them on my computer, how will i handle it in real life! Hopefully nobody has a disappointing skate or i might faint. I hope Medvedeva can have a great competition and show everybody the fruit of her work, I want Marin to have a skate she can be proud of ( i definitely don't want to see her crumble like she did in the first GP), Mai to wow me as usual with her loveliness. I also wish Bradie could pull it together this time and not perform like at SkAm. I hope our national skaters do well at home too.
And of course, i'd like to see my little favorite Rika win :pray:
I'll cheer for everybody! :hap10:

melgirl25

Medalist
My hair is going to fall out! I get so nervous for skaters when i'm just watching them on my computer, how will i handle it in real life! Hopefully nobody has a disappointing skate or i might faint. I hope Medvedeva can have a great competition and show everybody the fruit of her work, I want Marin to have a skate she can be proud of ( i definitely don't want to see her crumble like she did in the first GP), Mai to wow me as usual with her loveliness. I also wish Bradie could pull it together this time and not perform like at SkAm. I hope our national skaters do well at home too.

Yes!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ordering more virgins but they are tough to find! Ebay is out of them :laugh2:

Given these modern days, I hope some of those virgins are of genders other than female. And does one need an active volcano or is a dormant ice-filled one okay.:devil:

moriel

Record Breaker
Given these modern days, I hope some of those virgins are of genders other than female. And does one need an active volcano or is a dormant ice-filled one okay.:devil:

Ice filled not ok, you may wake up the ice monster.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Dont forget to put on hand lotion so your hands dont chap clapping extra hard for me! ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Quelle Chance! I LIVE on the Columbia Plateau Volcano and my dog is a virgin! Oh, wait a minute...evidently, a dormant volcano doesnt work...never mind. (My dog doesnt think that is funny):laugh2:
(Paul, I am pretty sure the virgins have to be female....)

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ice filled not ok, you may wake up the ice monster.

I certainly don't want to wake up the ice monster. If I had the time and the money I would go to the big island of Hawaii and try to placate Pele by making a sacrifice in Halema'uma'u crater. But since it appears that both virgins and active volcanos may be hard to put together I will try another way to support my favorites. I remember reading someone's post (possibly Ichatdelune) that said something about breaking out the good liquor to wish the skaters well.

I will get out my Armenian Ararat Dvin 100 proof brandy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkChAsekoBY). As the distillery is located in Yerevan, Armenia, I hope someone that attended the Junior Grand Prix there got a chance to taste this delicious elixir. At least the brand name is of a dormant volcano so maybe this will help. And this idea may help me pass the time until the skating starts.

I want all the ladies to have skates that they can be proud of and make the job for the judges really difficult. I especially want the see Marin skate well enough to smile in the Kiss and Cry. I felt so sorry for her at Skate America after the Free Skate. My secret bias, in addition to wanting all to do well, is for the placements to be such that I will be able to see Kaori again when I go to Vancouver next month.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I remember reading someone's post (possibly Ichatdelune) that said something about breaking out the good liquor to wish the skaters well.

I've probably said that I was going to get out the booze if the darling of mine at the event did well, but getting out booze to wish them well is an excellent idea. I wish I'd thought of that first :laugh:
I will get out my Armenian Ararat Dvin 100 proof brandy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkChAsekoBY). As the distillery is located in Yerevan, Armenia, I hope someone that attended the Junior Grand Prix there got a chance to taste this delicious elixir. At least the brand name is of a dormant volcano so maybe this will help.

Ooh, that looks very auspicious. Since I am a poor college student without the means to get auspicious liquor, offer the skating gods another glass for Zhenya as well, if you please :biggrin:

The two I most want to see clean are Zhenya and Marin, but overall I want a nice, clean event. Now where did I put the incense?

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I hope Rika will win again in spectacular fashion, and Marin can have two very beautiful and clean programs :pray: