• Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • Bradie TENNELL

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xzander

Rinkside
Rika is looking strong and I believe that Evgenia will come guns blazing. I just hope that the two are first and second, no matter which order. I just want to see a real RUS-JPN (pre-nationals) bloodbath in Vancouver: Zagitova-Medvedeva-Tuktamysheva-Kihira-Miyahara-Sakamoto. That would be sensational!

Fluture

Record Breaker
I just want Zhenya and Rika to win gold and silver in any particular order (Rika for gold sounds more likely with her 3As) and both advance to the GPF! Come on, my girls, just.... SLAY!

Also hoping for Stasya and Marin to do well. One of them for bronze would be: :love:

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ooh, that looks very auspicious. Since I am a poor college student without the means to get auspicious liquor, offer the skating gods another glass for Zhenya as well, if you please :biggrin:

The Dvin is so strong I can't take more than one small glass at a time but I will certainly dedicate a couple of swallows to Zhenya as well as sips to all the skaters.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Ugh I wish I still lived in France. The idea of seeing all these amazing women live is :drama::love: and instead I'll be trying to sneak updates from work:sad21:

Anyway, not much to say, just hope they all do their best and it will be a nice clean and fun competition!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I've probably said that I was going to get out the booze if the darling of mine at the event did well, but getting out booze to wish them well is an excellent idea. I wish I'd thought of that first :laugh:

Ooh, that looks very auspicious. Since I am a poor college student without the means to get auspicious liquor, offer the skating gods another glass for Zhenya as well, if you please :biggrin:

The two I most want to see clean are Zhenya and Marin, but overall I want a nice, clean event. Now where did I put the incense?

Sending you a bottle of 100 Blue Agave Tequila for skating events! (Let Paul have his 100 proof Brandy ;) )We are in luck! Alaska's Mount Veniaminof is erupting. All we need is Toni to head on over there with some virgins and we are all set...
Watched Yuna last night on my DVR win 2013 Worlds skate her beautiful Les Mis program... (she wins it every time I watch!) . I was there for that and saw her at Lake Placid for SA with PaulE also....she is the gold standard...Now everyone good luck and go for the GOLD!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Watched Yuna last night on my DVR win 2013 Worlds skate her beautiful Les Mis program... (she wins it every time I watch!) . I was there for that and saw her at Lake Placid for SA with PaulE also....she is the gold standard...Now everyone good luck and go for the GOLD!

Since it is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., I would like to take the opportunity to give thanks to all the wonderful ladies skaters that I have followed over the years. From watching Sonja Henie at the movies with my parents, to following Carol Heiss and Tenley Albright in the newspapers, to watching ladies like Peggy Fleming and Michelle Kwan on TV, and eventually going to competitions and seeing Mao and Yuna and many other skaters that one never sees on TV.

I am also thankful to Paula and Golden Skate and all the passionate (crazy?) fans who post here and keep me up informed as to what is going on as well as provide some good laughs with their wry humor.

Shanshani

On the Ice
So one of the judges at this event is Olga Kozhemyakina, a Russian judge who also judged Ondrej Nepala, Rika's CS. At that event, Kozhemyakina scored Rika 13 points lower in overall score in comparison to the average of the other judges. By contrast, she did not score any other ladies skater lower than the average of the other judges in total score. So...yeah

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
So one of the judges at this event is Olga Kozhemyakina, a Russian judge who also judged Ondrej Nepala, Rika's CS. At that event, Kozhemyakina scored Rika 13 points lower in overall score in comparison to the average of the other judges. By contrast, she did not score any other ladies skater lower than the average of the other judges in total score. So...yeah

Well, she should get her marks thrown out so that is something good at least. You need 2+ judges to lowball for it to really make a difference :coffee:

Shanshani

On the Ice
Well, she should get her marks thrown out so that is something good at least. You need 2+ judges to lowball for it to really make a difference :coffee:

At Ondrej Nepala, there was another judge (Yuriy Guskov, Kazakhstan) who also severely underscored Rika (11 pts), so that doesn't always work

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
At Ondrej Nepala, there was another judge (Yuriy Guskov, Kazakhstan) who also severely underscored Rika (11 pts), so that doesn't always work

Well then that is when the 2+ judges become relevant unfortunately :eek:hwell:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I'm so envious of all of you attending and fans in Europe! The time difference really doesn't work for me (Men's SP is 3am and Ladies is 6:35am), though I get up at 6:30 on weekdays normally, so I might be able to catch the ladies. Have a great time everyone!!! :hap10:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, its the night before skate day so I have my program made and I will be off social media tomarrow till I watch the programs tomarrow night on NBC Sports Gold. Not crazy about Rika's skating position but oh well, it is what it is...good luck to everyone and may the Force be with you!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Just noticed Olga KOZHEMYAKINA will judge the Ladies SP... :disapp:
I still remember her and Judge from KAZ shamelessly underscoring Rika at ONT. :noshake: I hope we won't see that kind of behavior here again.