2018 Int'l Classic Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Int'l Classic Mens Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Slavik HAYRAPETYAN (ARM)

High 3A, looked like it was leaning but he got a clean landing out of it. Alright 3Lz. Completed 3S+2T. Nice opposite-direction combo spin. Fairly secure step sequence into a fair final spin. He had expressive movements near the beginning of the program, though he could project more and not look down at the ice. His classic black-and-white look suits him and the Bocelli music tho.

Total Score: 69.00

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Slavik HAYRAPETYAN (ARM)

High 3A, looked like it was leaning but he got a clean landing out of it. Alright 3Lz. Completed 3S+2T. Nice opposite-direction combo spin. Fairly secure step sequence into a fair final spin. He had expressive movements near the beginning of the program, though he could project more and not look down at the ice. His classic black-and-white look suits him and the Bocelli music tho.

Total Score: 69.00

You are so good at this. :)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yamato ROWE (PHI)

Whoop, almost slipped on a twizzle at the beginning. Fall on the opening 4S, looks <. Step out on the 3Lz+2T, Lutz could be <. An okay intended 2A. Very slow camel spin in the following spin. Step sequence looks Level 2 to me. Spin positions in the last spin could be more defined and stretched.

Score: 49.75

- - - Updated - - -

You are so good at this. :)

Why, thank you so much! :D

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Jimmy MA (USA)

Ouch, fall on the opening 4T, looks < on first look. Spread eagle into 3A, very well landed! Fine 3F+3T. Decent spins overall, around the +1 mark. Good personality and intent throughout the program. Footwork has good energy, but could have less 2-foot skating and more speed. I think he will hit the bass a bit better as the season progresses.

Score: 73.21

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
A few glitches in Nam's skate, but that should go into first. (though he may be a UR for that -3T in his combo)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Nam NGUYEN (CAN)

Forward landing on the 4S, but clean nonetheless. Didn't find the center easily on the first camel spin. Safe entry and clean 3A. A bit wobbly on the second spin. Had to go on two feet on the 3Lz+3T combo. Better centering on the last spin.

Overall, the choreography is stronger and more difficult, and there are moments that are meant to be timed to the lyrics. Nguyen's energy doesn't seem to fit with Sinatra's "That's Life" but maybe he can give some more exuberance and vitality. Right now the song choice is overpowering his skating.

Score: 80.28

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
To be honest, I kept waiting for Jay-Z to come in the middle of program. #ShibsThrowback :laugh:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Judges Scores Clarifications:

Nguyen - 3T on combo was called <
Zhou - 4Lz called <
Sato - Combo is called for elements in short program even if no second jump is called, so 3Lz still received points despite fall

tosca

On the Ice
Vincent looked like he was in a lot of pain out there. Program looks great and I am so glad they put more focus on packaging (costume) and choreo this season. He also looks like he has grown even more. The hair looks GREAT!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I can't help but love Jimmy Ma's program.

I can't help but love Jimmy's attitude shining through his programs! I'd love to see this SP on bigger stages, it would rock the crowd all right!:laugh:

I love that he seems so engrossed with music, the vibe, trying to reflect the atmosphere by movement - he's a very authentic performer for me, with all these dance moves taken from 'Mi Gente' video, I was jamming all right to it:laugh:. I count on upgrading costume to something crazier (at least on top), or at least colourful and adding more neatness into movement, especially into 1st part, 'Mi Gente' will then shine even brighter!

Sad for Vincent though...It was not an easy skate.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is it just me or Nam's 3A has improved?

Also: Michal is in good disposition considering it's the beginnig of the season :hap10:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I like Ma´s skating style very much, brings Daisuke Takahashi into my mind...
Will be watching the rest of the skaters later.

iorii

On the Ice
Anyone has other link aside from NBC? Not available for my country even if I can pay :( I want to be able to watch Satoko later...

Checked soyouwanttowatchfs at tumblr but they only have NBC.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks for pbp and other information.

Sad for Vincent and yes, how much taller he looks. Should he even skate the free with those problems?

Not the best day for many it seems... good luck to all in the free skate!