2018 JGP Canada Mens Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Mens Free Skate

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case there are some folks who might be interested in Iliya Kovler's skating, this is what his James Bond LP looks like when it's clean-ish (this is from the 2018 Minto Summer Skate, and it was my favourite performance from the Junior Men Free Skate): https://vimeo.com/282102401 It's too bad that he couldn't repeat it here. :sad21:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I'm very happy for Gummenik.

He was Mishin's prodigy, he was already doing international gala at the age of 10-11, but two years ago things started to go wrong, Mishin talked about her mom being too protective and he got lost in the shuffle... Crazy that he's still 16 and this is already his 3rd JGP season.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Petr got gold, yay!!! :yahoo:

Sad about the other boys tho, I want to give a hug to everyone who had a splatfest and tell them that everything is gonna be okay. :ghug:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Petr got gold, yay!!! :yahoo:

Sad about the other boys tho, I want to give a hug to everyone who had a splatfest and tell them that everything is gonna be okay. :ghug:

Someone should make up videos of the various spectacular splats of Skating's Greatest and Most Glorious, especially just to show kids at these times and say, "look, they did it too, they learned from it and got past it, and went on to wonderful heights. You can learn and get past it too."

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Someone should make up videos of the various spectacular splats of Skating's Greatest and Most Glorious, especially just to show kids at these times and say, "look, they did it too, they learned from it and got past it, and went on to wonderful heights. You can learn and get past it too."
A bit like this, then? :laugh:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i kinda wish they would let Trusova compete with men
It would be so much more exciting. Sorry.

No it wouldn’t.

In fact, it would be almost as boring :bed: as hearing about ladies’ scores during a men’s comp. Thank goodness that snoozefest stopped:yawn: The ladies have their own charms and the men are plenty exciting as they are:agree:

The smoothness of Camden P., the elegance of Koshiro, the passion and performance of my boy Andrew T.:luv17:, the precociousness and deliberate progression of Stephen G., the charm of Daniel Grassl, and I know I’m forgetting many many others (Donovan:luv17: that cute little Russian kid whose name I forget) and I have even yet to see today’s performances.

I :love: the variety, elegance and contrasts of the junior men:hap10:

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice

I’m sure their coaches do something similar. Also, there are several compilations on youtube of great skaters falling lol

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I can't believe Stephen had such a rough skate. I think he should drop the 4Lz, though I agree it brings enough points even when you fall. Still a fall after a quad may impact the following jumps. Orser should know better. I really wonder if he qualifies with 22 points. It depends on the other skaters luck.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Petr really sold that performance! I love his R/J, it's so fluid and believable, also beside his great interpretation, his spins and his 3A+3Lo combo are great highlights of his program. I am so happy for him :cheer:

Artemisa

Final Flight
I loved Matvei VETLUGIN FS :luv17:... and Petr what a first combo:yahoo: ... my first thought after the combo with the 3A was with this high it's more probably to him to one day jump 4A than the other 4

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was very impressed with both Russian guys here. A well deserved win for Petr, hopefully all his growing pains are behind him. I thought he may struggle after leaving Mishin but he has bounced back very nicely with his new team. Loved the 3A3Lo and his spins.

I had heard of Matvei but never seem him skate. I liked his musicality and showmanship, it was a very entertaining performance. Hopefully the bigger jumps follow in the future. I would have had him ahead of Gogolev in the free, I thought he lost interest in the skate with all his falls. If clean he is a long way ahead of his competitors.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm confused. Can anyone tell me why Kagiyama's two last jumping passes have invalidated elements?

netterina

Rinkside
I'm confused. Can anyone tell me why Kagiyama's two last jumping passes have invalidated elements?

In the 3lz-SEQ-2t the 2t was invalidated because he stepped out of the 3lz and transferred weight to his free leg so the second jump didn't count. In the 2A-SEQ-2s...I'm assuming they didn't see his step after the 2A as an actual euler, and therefore not a valid 3 jump combo or sequence? Not 100% sure on that one.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
In the 3lz-SEQ-2t the 2t was invalidated because he stepped out of the 3lz and transferred weight to his free leg so the second jump didn't count. In the 2A-SEQ-2s...I'm assuming they didn't see his step after the 2A as an actual euler, and therefore not a valid 3 jump combo or sequence? Not 100% sure on that one.

Ah, ok. Was wondering, because it obviously wasn't zayak case.