2018 JGP Canada Mens Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Mens Free Skate

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I now want to know if Gogolev can sneak into the JGPF with a 1st and a 5th. :popcorn:

(probably not. oh well.) :(

Never underestimate the utter chaos of junior men. Nothing is impossible. ;)

I am going to go back and watch Matvei now, 6th is pretty for good for his first JGP imo! Can't all be prodigies.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't just watch for canadians contending I was just upset when i made that comment. I am looking still looking forward to watching alena and anna.S in ladies! especially alena. I love her SP!

:thumbsup: Don't be too upset. Stephen is so young. He will have many, many opportunities and I know it sounds trite but you really do learn more from your mistakes than from your victories.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Okay, so Steven has 22 points for the JGP. 15+7=22. And that puts him right behind Torgashev who has 24 points. Hmmmmmmm.
If he'd finished one ordinal higher he'd be ahead of Torgashev in the running for the Final because his combined points total is higher than Torgashev's.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I'm surprised by Gogolev honestly.

He was soo strong at the first JGP, i thought he would have grabbed the second gold in Canada, instead it was the complete opposite here.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
As expected Matvei got some carrots, but only 3Lz<3Lo<<:laugh2: I know he probably does it because it's the best way to max out TES without a 3A in the SP but :palmf: Besides that he actually rotated everything and he was 4th in the free! so I shall go to bed happy. Goodnight everyone! :bed:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As an aside, this was a really well-attended event for the JGP. Probably the largest crowd I've seen at any of them so far this year. I'd have to guess that most of these guys aren't used to skating in front of that big an audience.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, that was an interesting set of protocols to wake up to - well done Adam! And while it wasn't James's best FS ever he held it together very well. Proud of my hometown kid. :hap10:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was impressed by Adam's attempt at a second half 4T. Even though it didn't work out this time, that's something that even most senior men wouldn't try.