2018 JGP Canada Mens Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Mens Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, that boy was having fun out there. His joy was definitely coming through to my TV. :love:

Last edited:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nice smile at the end, good to see skaters from these smaller federations :)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
It's so nice to see skaters from countries that aren't typically skating powerhouses. Muhammad is completely adorable, with a great smile. He looks like he loves to skate. :) Hopefully he can work with a coach who can fix his jumping technique. It's very unorthodox.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Muhammad’s smile reminds me of Donovan Carrillo’s smile.

I loooove unknown (to me) junior men:luv17:

katymay

Medalist
That was a solid program! Tomoki looked great out there. And some really nice choreography. And wow biellmann! :)

That split jump was a highlight for me. And boy can he spin. I hope he has a good long. Amazing choreography.

zebobes

Final Flight
Depending on how Stephen does on the free, this could be bad news for Andrew Torgashev's chances for making the GPF. Andrew's best chances is for the points to be concentrated as few people as possible, and if Stephen had gotten 30 points total, it would make it easier for him. If Stephen ends up getting 4th, like him, Stephen will be higher up than Andrew, and it will open it up to other people to make the final.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just realised this was finishing up...wow, great work Adam - if he's stabilised the quad he was working on last season and chooses to try it in the FS, he might just be able to make a push for bronze! And I'm so proud of James for trying the 3A (he's from my hometown, I'm so impressed by him).

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Felt nice for a change for a junior grand prix competition to end when it's night time for me. Felt nice to just relax in bed in pajamas watching skating.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Tomoki I said in the prediction thread you could spin, and you proved me right:laugh: who’d a thunk you’d be in first after the short?

And purple shirt Ilya is in third? Woot:clap:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Iliya Kovler wholly obliterated his previous Personal Best SP score by over 30 points (72.16 vs. 41.96)! :thumbsup:

He dazzled me with his gold medal long program when I saw him compete in person at the Skate Canada Challenge nine months ago ( https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53723-Promising-Canadian-Skaters&p=1876575&viewfull=1#post1876575 ). I may have been his only fan (or at least it feels that way) on this forum, so hopefully more people will notice him from now on. :)

I wonder if I'm naturally drawn to Ukrainian Canadian skaters? (My current avatar is Roman Sadovsky.)